Music downloads

Brian

Kazaa seems to be policed now, or unless my program is screwed up. Can't play or download anything.

ANy other programs?

It might just be your program b/c my Kazaa is working fine, err, I mean, uh, I don't have Kazaa 'cause I don't illegally download songs... ;)

Honestly, I dumped my Kazaa program months ago, because there's almost NOTHING I want to download anymore. I buy a CD here and there, but I get most of my new music off of music news boards like blabbermouth.net or punkbands.com, and I don't really have the desire to dig around anymore.

I listen to radio shows like TBA and Local 101 on Q101, which play some decent stuff I haven't heard before, and I'll occasionally dabble in an Internet radio show if I stumble across a cool one, but that's about it, really.

Kazaa screws up the memory majorly on my computer, everything else runs so slow when I'm using it, anyone else have this problem?

Yeah, it does that to mine too, but I think that's b/c I have dial-up.

This is for anyone:

When you delete Kazaa off your computer, is it true that you really can't delete everything. Like, you'll still get all those pop ups and s*** that Kazaa causes, or once you delete it, is it like you never had it on your computer?

Not that I know anything of them, But yes, Soulseek is a God amongst these types of programs. From what I have been told.

In all honesty though, most of what I have is WAY out of print stuff, or stuff I do have in vinyl and cassette. Anything readily available, I am still a sucker for the real thing. Though the more I buy, the more I think the record industry deserves everything it is getting. Lack of packaging and over-abundance of filler material on CD's is getting ridiculous. The Indie scene still cares about packaging, but the majors seem fine to give you a cover, and nothing else, and still charge $15.00. :puke rolleyeyes.gif

Not that I know anything of them, But yes, Soulseek is a God amongst these types of programs. From what I have been told.

In all honesty though, most of what I have is WAY out of print stuff, or stuff I do have in vinyl and cassette. Anything readily available, I am still a sucker for the real thing. Though the more I buy, the more I think the record industry deserves everything it is getting. Lack of packaging and over-abundance of filler material on CD's is getting ridiculous. The Indie scene still cares about packaging, but the majors seem fine to give you a cover, and nothing else, and still charge $15.00. :puke  rolleyeyes.gif

couldn't agree more...

i download live stuff, but i still love to get the real thing, read the lyrics, art, whatever...

correct on both accounts...

i must get radiohead cds from the store, i can't miss their art from their cds...