Future

Texsox

Judging by the deals that KW and JR have done, this was not a make or breakup year. I love our locked in starting pitchers. I feel good about this team for the next two seasons as well.

It remains to be seen if we can sign Maggs, but I believe we will make a better than usual offer to keep him.

Kudos to Sox management. From a personnel standpoint this has been an A+ year both for deals that didn't get done 1st half Colon, Nomar, and for deals that did get done adios Billy, Shingo, Everett, adios Rauch, Freddy, Jose . . .

Now a little 13-2 run and we're back in the thick of the race.

I agree if Contreras performs well in the second half, then Buehrle, Garcia, and Contreras are already locked in the top 3 spots of the rotation. Then possibly during the off-season a trade for another starter or a FA signing.

I think our team will be solid next year if we resign Maggs. That gives us a great middle of the order with Maggs, Lee, Frank, and Konerko with Rowand fitting in somewhere. The rotation should be pretty good with Garcia and Buehrle at the top, Garland being a decent #3 or 4, and Contreras hopefully pitching to his talent. I'd like to see us get another good bullpen arm, or maybe another starter. If Maggs goes, I want to see Cattalanato in right and someone like Pavano or Perez added to the rotation. My dream move is getting Renteria at SS, but I'm not sure how likely that is, with or without Maggs coming back.

that would be pretty awesome, but highly doubtful...

the good news, is that high spenders:

Boston

New York

Baltimore

have a SS...

the bad news is the Giants might go after him, i doubt seattle would, St. Louis, touhg to compete

just look at it like this... who are we losing at the end of this year?

Im not sure, I know Maggs and Frank can both leave... Other than that no one else comes to me as a big loss...

Our attendance is way up, so maybe that means the payroll will go up too... We could add some nice peices to the team in the offseason...

Heres what I propose...

Let maggs walk, take the picks... Valentin walks too...

Keep Thomas

Use the rest of the money to add one bat, some grinders, and PITCHING

I think we could come out well

BUT THATS NEXT YEAR! Were still in it this year!!

just look at it like this... who are we losing at the end of this year?

Im not sure, I know Maggs and Frank can both leave... Other than that no one else comes to me as a big loss...

Our attendance is way up, so maybe that means the payroll will go up too... We could add some nice peices to the team in the offseason...

Heres what I propose...

Let maggs walk, take the picks... Valentin walks too...

Keep Thomas

Use the rest of the money to add one bat, some grinders, and PITCHING

I think we could come out well

BUT THATS NEXT YEAR! Were still in it this year!!

Frank is the same as last year, where he has an option at a lower price, if he declines, we can still pick up his option at a higher price.

Frank is the same as last year, where he has an option at a lower price, if he declines, we can still pick up his option at a higher price.

I thought Frank had an option to test FA or return to the team... i may be wrong, i thought thats what it was