Loaiza surprised by trade

Bighurt52235

"... Torre and the coaching staff -- they wanted me since four years ago, when I was with Texas."

if this is true then why didnt they pick him up goin into the 2003 season :headshake

"He's not going to have that knockout stuff that Jose had, but he'll show more control," Torre added.

even torre knows Jose has better stuff

It wouldn't surprise me if his ERA drops a run being a Yankee. Something tells me he'll be a resurgance for the remander of the year.

Very doubtful. He isn't just gonna magically start pitching better because he's a Yankee. His velocity is down. He's not challenging the hitters inside. He's giving up hr's like nobody's business. That won't change cause he's a Yankee.

all good points, velocity down, not pitching like he should, and his cutter just isnt the same

however, the east dosent know him as well as the west, so if he can pitch agressivly, get some pointers about his cutter from rivara, and some how get by with a loss of 2 -3 mph in velocity, i think he could turn around a bit

not gonna be the same elow from last year, but may get better then he has been with us this year... i think he'll be kinda inbetween

all good points, velocity down, not pitching like he should, and his cutter just isnt the same

however, the east dosent know him as well as the west, so if he can pitch agressivly, get some pointers about his cutter from rivara, and some how get by with a loss of 2 -3 mph in velocity, i think he could turn around a bit

not gonna be the same elow from last year, but may get better then he has been with us this year... i think he'll be kinda inbetween

The Red Sox and O's will eat him alive. I don't see much success against the Rays or even Blue Jays for that matter. Not with all the flaws he has now.

"(Jason) Giambi was saying 'We want you, we want you,"' Loaiza said. "The way they were talking -- (manager Joe) Torre and the coaching staff -- they wanted me since four years ago, when I was with Texas."

If this is true then why was he a minor league invitee to our camp last year when he was battling it out with Gil Heredia for the number 5 spot in the rotation? If the Yankees have been wanting him for that long then why didn't they sign him last year? That seems like a ridiculous statement to me from a guy that has a huge head/ego.

If this is true then why was he a minor league invitee to our camp last year when he was battling it out with Gil Heredia for the number 5 spot in the rotation? If the Yankees have been wanting him for that long then why didn't they sign him last year? That seems like a ridiculous statement to me from a guy that has a huge head/ego.

Or maybe that what they said to him and he simply repeated it.

It's obvious, IMO, they (Torre) had a love fest with him by inviting him to the AS game.

And Loaiza has far from a huge ego. JMO on that, too, of course.

Or maybe that what they said to him and he simply repeated it.

It's obvious, IMO, they (Torre) had a love fest with him by inviting him to the AS game.

And Loaiza has far from a huge ego. JMO on that, too, of course.

IIRC, loaiza was a players selection, not torre's.

I'm positive Torre picked E-Lo.....Here's a quote from the article on Chisox.com.

The reserves were picked, in part, through the ballots of players, managers and coaches from around the American League. Loaiza was one of the players named to the team by manage Joe Torre, in conjunction with Major League Baseball.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...s_cws&fext=.jsp