Why I still like our chances

CWSOX45

Fellow Sox fans hear me out. I know this has been the roughest week for all Sox fans including myself, I know that most of you have given up on our Sox. I for one am not willing to raise the white flag, and here's why.

Sure we are 5 games back of the Twins, we've played like a last place team over the past few weeks. However we still have two months left and we play the Twins 6 more times. Those next 6 games will determine who will get to wear the division crown.

I have a gut feeling that the Sox will play with everything they've got in those last 6 games, if they don't they obviously don't have a pulse.

Here is my second point: THE AL WILDCARD.

You think I'm crazy? Fine. However look at the teams ahead of us, Anaheim, Texas, and Boston. These teams will end up playing each other while we get to face teams like Kansas City and Detroit. If we just take care of business against the weaker teams we will move up in the Wild Card standings.

Some of you think Boston and Texas are just too good, I strongly disagree.

Texas is lucky to be in the position they are, their starting pitching is mediocre at best, and I don't think Boston is that big of a threat. They may have Schilling and Pedro, but I think they have very little if any team chemistry.

Keep the faith Sox fans, we have 2 more months left. I will be on board until we are officially eliminated.

CWSOX45

Fellow Sox fans hear me out. I know this has been the roughest week for all Sox fans including myself, I know that most of you have given up on our Sox. I for one am not willing to raise the white flag, and here's why.

Sure we are 5 games back of the Twins, we've played like a last place team over the past few weeks. However we still have two months left and we play the Twins 6 more times. Those next 6 games will determine who will get to wear the division crown.

I have a gut feeling that the Sox will play with everything they've got in those last 6 games, if they don't they obviously don't have a pulse.

Here is my second point: THE AL WILDCARD.

You think I'm crazy? Fine. However look at the teams ahead of us, Anaheim, Texas, and Boston. These teams will end up playing each other while we get to face teams like Kansas City and Detroit. If we just take care of business against the weaker teams we will move up in the Wild Card standings.

Some of you think Boston and Texas are just too good, I strongly disagree.

Texas is lucky to be in the position they are, their starting pitching is mediocre at best, and I don't think Boston is that big of a threat. They may have Schilling and Pedro, but I think they have very little if any team chemistry.

Keep the faith Sox fans, we have 2 more months left. I will be on board until we are officially eliminated.

CWSOX45

I'm with you all the way. What's the point of giving up with 2 months left to go? Unless this team goes on another 7 game losing streak "knock on wood" i'll keep the faith.

Though this team would look a lot better with Frank and Maggs in the lineup, I think we can do well with our starting pitching. They’ve kept us in the game, but have failed to give them any credit. Our bullpen has been shaky (walks) but I’m pretty sure Cooper will set them strait.

If it’s the Wild Card that gets us to the playoffs... I’m there. Division or WC, we’ll be in the playoffs with no complaints.

How many schedule threads do we need?

They are pointless, the schedule doesn't guarantee us Wins or Losses. We would have lost to any team last week the way we played, and while playing our best baseball we can beat any team. We play the way we can play, everything will take care of itself. It seems way too many people are preoccupied with the schedule instead of the lackluster way we are playing.

i have no doubt they can do it but my god, we've gone over this so many times it's ridiculous.

you look at the talent on the sox and it is, even without maggs and frank, probably the best in the division.

you look at the schedule and see that the team has some winnable games and a pretty favorable schedule against teams it will, on paper at least, be far superior to.

yet, those things never seem to coincide. this happened last year.

just f***ing win.

I know that anything can happen, and sometimes the schedule doesn't mean "DINK", but if the Twins are going to win the division, they will have to earn it. 6 against NY, 4 Oak, 6 Anahein, 11 Cleveland, 6 Sox 3 Tex. Yes we are behind, but our chances are still good if we play the game to the level that our talent is capable of.

I really don't think we have any chance to win the Wild Card. Seeing as how the Red Sox never go away and the Angels and Rangers will probably split losses when they face each other. Also although we are 5 games out it is really nothing if you think about the games the Twins still have left. While they are facing Anaheim and Texas and Oakland we are facing Kansas city, Cleveland and Detroit.

Here's another thing about the schedule. The twins are playing a lot of those teams we are trailing in the wild card, if they keep winning they are going to allow us to gain ground on our wildcard foes, hopefully the twins will just start losing but if they don't the wildcard is something to look at.

I like the acquisition of Contreras. On this team he has a better heater then any other arm on this staff. With the pressure he faced in NYC a move was the best thing for him.

Like Garland he has some of the best stuff in the majors. Hopefully he's got a lot more mental toughness than Judy.