Why I still like our chances

CWSOX45

If it’s the Wild Card that gets us to the playoffs... I’m there. Division or WC, we’ll be in the playoffs with no complaints.

Being in the playoffs is being in the playoffs, It dont matter how you get there.

The wildcard has produced the last two WC champs

• 4 weeks later...
Fellow Sox fans hear me out. I know this has been the roughest week for all Sox fans including myself, I know that most of you have given up on our Sox. I for one am not willing to raise the white flag, and here's why.

Sure we are 5 games back of the Twins, we've played like a last place team over the past few weeks. However we still have two months left and we play the Twins 6 more times. Those next 6 games will determine who will get to wear the division crown.

I have a gut feeling that the Sox will play with everything they've got in those last 6 games, if they don't they obviously don't have a pulse.

Here is my second point: THE AL WILDCARD.

You think I'm crazy? Fine. However look at the teams ahead of us, Anaheim, Texas, and Boston. These teams will end up playing each other while we get to face teams like Kansas City and Detroit. If we just take care of business against the weaker teams we will move up in the Wild Card standings.

Some of you think Boston and Texas are just too good, I strongly disagree.

Texas is lucky to be in the position they are, their starting pitching is mediocre at best, and I don't think Boston is that big of a threat. They may have Schilling and Pedro, but I think they have very little if any team chemistry.

Keep the faith Sox fans, we have 2 more months left. I will be on board until we are officially eliminated.

CWSOX45

I'm with you all the way. What's the point of giving up with 2 months left to go? Unless this team goes on another 7 game losing streak "knock on wood" i'll keep the faith.

are you serious bout all that?