Illinois Marine ships out...

Queen Prawn

Illinois Marine ships out; Wife expecting quintuplets

From ABC7 news:

Illinois Marine ships out; Wife expecting quintuplets

By Leah Hope

August 2, 2004 (Oswego, IL) — Another Illinois Marine will be returning to Iraq while his wife is getting ready to deliver quintuplets!

Josh and Tanauncy Horton live in Oswego, southwest of Chicago. The challenge she now faces is giving birth to five babies while her husband is overseas.

Everything takes a bit more energy these days. For one thing: Taunacy Horton is alone with her kids while her husband prepares to be deployed to Iraq. The other thing: five others actually. She's expecting quintuplets.

"We you think of multiples, twins, triplets, we never thought five, that was a real shock," Taunacy Horton said.

Taunacy and Josh met when they were both in active duty. Josh is now a police officer in Aurora. Taunacy - a stay at home mom.

She says they've made several difficult decisions recently - the first was deciding to try to carry the five. Then Josh's reservist unit was activated. The marines offered him an out, but he wanted to go and she supported his decision.

i would have been so easy to say i need you here...that was really hard for me.

Only fifteen weeks into her pregnancy, she says feels like she's at thirty weeks for a single pregnancy. She says it's hard to breathe, sleep and eat. Unaccustomed to accepting help, this very pregnant mom has changed. "I'll help somebody in a second but it's a test of my faith to let other people help me."

Family and friends have secured donations for the Hortons of things like fomula and diapers, but what they really need is a new place to live. The family currently lives in a three bedroom townhome with barely enough room for four and definitely not enough room for a family of nine.

The kids are doing what they can to help mom. Taunacy says she can't think too much about what's in store, because it can be overwhelming.

For now, she's trying to prepare herself and her kids for Josh's deployment, and they're all taking it one day at a time.

Josh Horton returns home on Saturday from training for a week-long visit with the family, then he'll leave for Iraq with his unit.

That's one big family! Prayers that the babies are delivered healthy and mom recovers smoothly (when that time comes). :usa