Bench Crede

MinnesotaSoxFan

Well there's no real reason to bench him now.

Give him the rest of the year to show what he can do.

I'd much rather see Joe hitting .230 the rest of the year then Jose hitting .230 the rest of the year.

This is the time for Ozzie to put Joe at 3B, Juan at SS, and Willie at 2B. That is more then likely the starting infield for next season and to be honest I wouldn't mind seeing what they could do. It's not like we are going to win the division if Joe isn't in there.

As for in the offseason I would be lying if I said that I wouldn't rather the Sox got a big time player like Beltre, but i'm also realistic and I know that I'd rather fill that hole in RF. We have to remember that we are a small market club and we can't afford to have a huge payroll. We can survive with Crede at 3B if he is our 7th/8th hitter. He would have to bust his butt to get his average over .250 for next season though.

Well there's no real reason to bench him now.

Give him the rest of the year to show what he can do.

I'd much rather see Joe hitting .230 the rest of the year then Jose hitting .230 the rest of the year.

This is the time for Ozzie to put Joe at 3B, Juan at SS, and Willie at 2B. That is more then likely the starting infield for next season and to be honest I wouldn't mind seeing what they could do. It's not like we are going to win the division if Joe isn't in there.

As for in the offseason I would be lying if I said that I wouldn't rather the Sox got a big time player like Beltre, but i'm also realistic and I know that I'd rather fill that hole in RF. We have to remember that we are a small market club and we can't afford to have a huge payroll. We can survive with Crede at 3B if he is our 7th/8th hitter. He would have to bust his butt to get his average over .250 for next season though.

Yeah and it just so happens, after years of doing nothing, Beltre.. in his contract year mind you.... hits 40+ Homeruns and is batting .334

Insted of spending a ton to get one guy who hasnt proven that its gonna happen on a yearly basis I think we need to go for some more proven players and a stud pitcher..

Beltre IS having a great year, but he hasnt done anything in the past to warrant us to give him a big ass contract...

I think they should play him, Uribe, and Harris a lot, like Jeckle says.

Let's see if they show any signs of progress. I also think KW has his mind made up about all three of these guys.

Interesting in the paper today how Robbie Alomar has not only the hand injury but a back injury as well.

Guys, don't be surprised if they bring Robbie back in '05. I know many here are against it, I'm not saying I'm totally for it, just that's what I think will happen - with or without Harris. My guess is they'll sign him to a cheap one year deal. Let's not forget, Alomar is really motivated, he wants 3000 hits badly and he'll be about 250-260 away. If he gets in shape (big if) he can help this team in several ways. Plus he wants to play here.

Play the following

1b -- Konerko

2b -- Harris

ss -- Uribe

3b -- Crede

LF -- Lee

CF -- Rowand

RF -- Borchard

C -- Davis

Sox need to make a solid determination of the strengths and weaknesses of all these players -- and then figure out the lineup for next season.

There is NOTHING at Charlotte that can help this team win (don't say Valdez; he has 10 extra base hits total, eight walks and eight steals in 240 at bats. His batting average is OK, but he's got no power, no special ability to get on base and no ability to steal a base).

Brian Anderson is at least a year away -- and he's not showing a ton of power.

So we need to figure out if Davis, Borchard, Crede, Uribe and Harris have any chance of improving into winning big-league players.

Forget benching Crede.

And forget the four-man rotation. Save the wear and tear on our arms, the only above average asset we have.

Good post.  As much as I hate to admit it, play Gload as much as possible too.  If he shows something, some other team might want him this winter.

Sorry Jim put I can't agree with you there.

I see Gload as a big part of the 05 team. He's a cheap utility guy. He has a great glove at 1B and LF, he's been ok in RF. He's also been our most consistant pinch hitter off the bench. Good bench players are hard to come by, especially at his price.

I agree.

Gload has several major plusses:

He's cheap.

He's left-handed.

He can pinch hit.

He can play -- nearly adequately -- in the outfield.

And he does not complain (a la Daubach).

Keep him around as a bench guy. If he's a starter at a power position, we're in big trouble.

As a pinch-hitter and a defensive sub for Konerko in blow-outs, I have no problem with gload. He has above average speed for a 1B, a good defender at first and pretty mediocre-to-solid in left.

A nice short and quick swing, a LH version of Rowand when he first came up. But like Aaron, Gload doesn't see the ball well, is easily fooled by a good breaking ball. Tends to choke in big-game situations. Until he learns to relax, he won't be starting material. But nice to have around just in case.

Good post.  As much as I hate to admit it, play Gload as much as possible too.  If he shows something, some other team might want him this winter.

Sorry Jim put I can't agree with you there.

I see Gload as a big part of the 05 team. He's a cheap utility guy. He has a great glove at 1B and LF, he's been ok in RF. He's also been our most consistant pinch hitter off the bench. Good bench players are hard to come by, especially at his price.

Actually, that's what I meant, give him lots of playing time to either increase his confidence level and value to the Sox ... or maybe some other team might overpay for him.

He can be a valuable bench player for sure. But everyone should be available for the right price.

Interesting in the paper today how Robbie Alomar has not only the hand injury but a back injury as well.

Guys, don't be surprised if they bring Robbie back in '05

That would be a massive mistake. Robbie has been by far the worst player in the majors since coming over to the Sox. Worse than Sandy and Borchard, which is no easy feat.

Slow, weak bat that would be lucky to produce 600 OPS next season. By far the worst range at 2B in the game. Weak arm. Downright lazy on some DP. Non-factor on the pads. Will be 37. Beyond done.