22 members have voted

1. 1. Catcher Situtation

• Alomar and Olivo
    • Alomar and Paul
    • Alomar and Burke
    • Alomar Olivo Paul
    • Alomar Olivo Burke
    • Alomar Paul Burke

Burke isnt going to make it. First of all he hasnt played full time catcher in his minor league career. Hes 31 years old, and hasnt really done all that great...

Hes only here as a backup to be a 3rd stringer incase something happens to any of (alomar, olvio or paul) and to be at AAA since we have no one else for that spot...

I believe rex has some great points about him being here....

Guest hotsoxchick1

alomar and olivo... lets face it.. josh just plain ol sucks..... always has and most likely always will..or at least while hes here he will.... maybe he just needs a change of scenery???? dont see burke being an issue just yet hes still too fresh......

I think it should definetly be Alomar and Burke give Olivo some time in aaa and let him develop some more, i think eventually he can be a great catcher, and for josh paul just put him through waivers, with the addition of Burke i think we can afford to let him go, and let willie take the last roster spot.

As I stated in another thread, Olivo needs to get his swing down before going north or he should do that in Charlotte. Until then, keep Paul around. He at least knows the pitchers. Burke is a 31 your old minor league journeyman.