Hey Admins: Why no cw??

FlaSoxxJim

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cw is fine and more than welcome here. I will go as far as saying I would be VERY disappointed if he weren't.

We have to let Jason start the conversation about the admin part...

But I find it interesting that the mod list was reviewed that fast. It would tell me that one suspected this would happen, eh?

And "I heard"... where did that come from? It wasn't on these forums.

This much can be said. It is NOT what you think and you know what I am talking about. Edit: conspiracy theory. *snort* c'mon. Where did THAT come from?

Other then that, I pave the way for more comment later.

I was working on a project that Heads inspired and looked at the number of admins we have. I was surprised there was so many, then noticed CW missing. I asked a couple mods what was up. I guess I'm the guilty party. I'm clueless in south Texas to the inner politics of the boards admin-land. Too lofty of a place ;)

I'm not sure I do know fully what you are talking about. But, yeah, I think Vince had a sense of impending ouster for reasons to become clear I hope when Jas chimes in.

You are certainly not the only one that would be very disappointed when we find he is gone. I only hope I am not very disappointed by the explanation given for his departure.

I'm not sure I do know fully what you are talking about.  But, yeah, I think Vince had a sense of impending ouster for reasons to become clear I hope when Jas chimes in.

You are certainly not the only one that would be very disappointed when we find he is gone.  I only hope I am not very disappointed by the explanation given for his departure.

Not everything in a democracy is a democracy ;) With the stakes so high, the decisions can be tough :D

Look guys, cw is a poster in this community. That has not changed and I hope it doesn't. The choice on that matter is his and his alone.

He is a good poster on this board. His insight because of the knowledge he brings is second to none.

We're not doing an autopsy here. Virtually nothing has changed except the name isn't red anymore. That's all.

Tex, that project of yours. Isn't it nice to freelance? :P

Look guys, cw is a poster in this community.  That has not changed and I hope it doesn't.  The choice on that matter is his and his alone.

He is a good poster on this board.  His insight because of the knowledge he brings is second to none. 

We're not doing an autopsy here.  Virtually nothing has changed except the name isn't red anymore.  That's all.

Tex, that project of yours.  Isn't it nice to freelance?  :P

It would be a snap if the board allowed multiple selections in a poll. Like vote for 4 of these 10. It seems like it will be very difficult to have a secret ballot type of thing.

Not to get ahead of the conversation, but if CW isn't in red, something has changed and I would guess he'd be gone. Firing a volunteer is never easy or painless and the volunteer almost always leaves. Being that this is all volunteer staff, it can't be budget cutbacks, downsizing, merging, etc. but a personality clash or some back room, personal crap.

If the people paying the bills want to make a change it's obviously theirs to make. They are throwing a cool party everyday and can invite anyone they wish and ask whomever to be the bouncer. Of course when they toss someone out of the party, and others want to party with that person, they leave with him.

Life goes on. s*** happens. People die.

Look guys, cw is a poster in this community.  That has not changed and I hope it doesn't.  The choice on that matter is his and his alone.

He is a good poster on this board.  His insight because of the knowledge he brings is second to none. 

We're not doing an autopsy here.  Virtually nothing has changed except the name isn't red anymore.  That's all.

Tex, that project of yours.  Isn't it nice to freelance?  :P

Kap, I didn't suggest cw was banned or told not to post any more. I'm sorry if I implied that. I only asked why he's no longer an Admin. If it was not his choice (in which case 'ouster' certainly is an appropriate term), I was just looking for an explanation.

I do know that I would not ever feeel 'at home' coming back to post if I had been stripped of Admin duties and I didn't agree with the reasons given. IMO, the site was lucky cw came back a year ago when a handrul of jerks acused and slandered him and had a good portion the board egging them on in the process.

My working assumption is that the current situation DOESN'T have anything to do with 'Black Friday' (or whatever it was labeled). I'll wait and see if that is the case.

Kap, I didn't suggest cw was banned or told not to post any more. I'm sorry if I implied that. I only asked why he's no longer an Admin. If it was not his choice (in which case 'ouster' certainly is an appropriate term), I was just looking for an explanation.

I do know that I would not ever feeel 'at home' coming back to post if I had been stripped of Admin duties and I didn't agree with the reasons given. IMO, the site was lucky cw came back a year ago when a handrul of jerks acused and slandered him and had a good portion the board egging them on in the process.

My working assumption is that the current situation DOESN'T have anything to do with 'Black Friday' (or whatever it was labeled). I'll wait and see if that is the case.

Fair observations and points. Sorry to sound so gruff. It's been a b**** couple or three days.

I don't want to comment any further right now.

IMO, the site was lucky cw came back a year ago when a handrul of jerks acused and slandered him and had a good portion the board egging them on in the process.

:unsure:

:angry:

Yes. To have been banned as the result of outrageous and unsubstantiated claims made by known immature assholes, then to be unbanned with a 'gee, sorry,' that takes away none of the pain of having to defend yourself against false accusations...

The SoxTalk community was fortunate that cw came back to contribute to the site as a poster and an Admin. Moreover, he was a big enough person to tell everybody to let it go and move on, which most everybody did.

IMO, the site was lucky cw came back a year ago when a handrul of jerks acused and slandered him and had a good portion the board egging them on in the process.

:unsure:

:angry:

Yes. To have been banned as the result of outrageous and unsubstantiated claims made by known immature assholes, then to be unbanned with a 'gee, sorry,' that takes away none of the pain of having to defend yourself against false accusations...

The SoxTalk community was fortunate that cw came back to contribute to the site as a poster and an Admin. Moreover, he was a big enough person to tell everybody to let it go and move on, which most everybody did.

Oh, OK. That's just not the way the story was told to me.. the returning part anyway.

Thanks for the info Jim..

He was more or less banned at the time as a kneejerk reaction that shouldn't have taken place.

I agree, and cw did as well, which is why it became - as best it could - water under the bridge.

Again, until I'm told otherwise, I assume event A (scapegoating cw for defamation due to others) and event B (his MIA status as an Admin) are unrelated to one another.

Why do these threads get so personal and heated?

Because the stakes are so low.

I guess we're lining up and choosing sides :huh: again. I enjoy CW's posts most of the time, as I do many people here. No way with the wide variety of topics we touch on that someone is going to like 100% of anything.

But again, it's the golden rule and he who has the gold, or in this case, willing to spend the gold, should rule. There is no democracy, no public votes to cast someone off the island, no mob rule.

For some reason Jason brought it up to me in AIM. He asked me about the whole Katy thing and if I knew about it. I didn't really follow it, but knew the gist of it I guess. Anyway, he went on to say that cw was no longer an admin because he abused him admin powers or something. He is going to be allowed to post as kap said, just not an admin. Since I didn't know the story I wasn't going to ask for details and he wasn't going to go into them. Jason will have to give further details because I don't know the whole story.