Hey Admins: Why no cw??

FlaSoxxJim

For some reason Jason brought it up to me in AIM. He asked me about the whole Katy thing and if I knew about it. I didn't really follow it, but knew the gist of it I guess. Anyway, he went on to say that cw was no longer an admin because he abused him admin powers or something. He is going to be allowed to post as kap said, just not an admin. Since I didn't know the story I wasn't going to ask for details and he wasn't going to go into them. Jason will have to give further details because I don't know the whole story.

Thanks for the info, it makes more sense now. I couldn't understand really tanything Kap or Jim was saying, but maybe they just didn't want to go into detail.

I have to wonder how he 'abused' his powers as an admin...? :huh:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason Jason brought it up to me in AIM. He asked me about the whole Katy thing and if I knew about it. I didn't really follow it, but knew the gist of it I guess. Anyway, he went on to say that cw was no longer an admin because he abused him admin powers or something. He is going to be allowed to post as kap said, just not an admin. Since I didn't know the story I wasn't going to ask for details and he wasn't going to go into them. Jason will have to give further details because I don't know the whole story.

Thanks for the info, it makes more sense now. I couldn't understand really tanything Kap or Jim was saying, but maybe they just didn't want to go into detail.

I have to wonder how he 'abused' his powers as an admin...? :huh:

Same here :unsure:

Well, this isn't the answer people are going to like, but I'm not really going to go into too much detail.

To say the least, I felt it was best if Vince was removed as an admin. This has been something I have been thinking about for a while and have recently consulted with some of the other admins about it. I emailed Vince yesterday and told him about it. I told him I hoped he would remain here as a poster, although I know that is a hard thing to expect. I told him I liked him as a poster and that I hated doing what I did.

I will be the first to admit, the first time CW was banned, it was wrong and I blame none other then myself. I had all this information coming in and I had nothing to do but to believe it, which to this day, bothers me. Vince is a good person and was a good admin for the site, but plainly put it was time for a change. I don't want to get into it more then that, because frankly, its something that shouldn't be out there. If the other admins want to comment on it, I give them free reign to do so though. No one will be replacing him in his admin-post, although I have 3 other changes to make in the next day or so...nothing severe and I'm confident everyone will enjoy them.

Well, this isn't the answer people are going to like, but I'm not really going to go into too much detail. 

To say the least, I felt it was best if Vince was removed as an admin.  This has been something I have been thinking about for a while and have recently consulted with some of the other admins about it.  I emailed Vince yesterday and told him about it.  I told him I hoped he would remain here as a poster, although I know that is a hard thing to expect.  I told him I liked him as a poster and that I hated doing what I did.

I will be the first to admit, the first time CW was banned, it was wrong and I blame none other then myself.  I had all this information coming in and I had nothing to do but to believe it, which to this day, bothers me.  Vince is a good person and was a good admin for the site, but plainly put it was time for a change.  I don't want to get into it more then that, because frankly, its something that shouldn't be out there.  If the other admins want to comment on it, I give them free reign to do so though. No one will be replacing him in his admin-post, although I have 3 other changes to make in the next day or so...nothing severe and I'm confident everyone will enjoy them.

Jas, it's obvious you don't want to hash it all out, and I won't take you to task on it. But between your statement that despite being a good admin, "it was time for a change," and danman's suggestion that you had implied an abuse of power was what prompted tthe change, your explanation is somewhat lacking.

Tex is right, it's your dime and your call. But when several Admins have a pow wow and it results in pushing out someone who is a good friend to the site and, by your own admonition, was "a good admin for the site," -- well, THAT is where I start to wonder about an abuse of power.

Jas, it's obvious you don't want to hash it all out, and I won't take you to task on it.  But between your statement that despite being a good admin, "it was time for a change," and danman's suggestion that you had implied an abuse of power was what prompted tthe change, your explanation is somewhat lacking.

Tex is right, it's your dime and your call.  But when several Admins have a pow wow and it results in pushing out someone who is a good friend to the site and, by your own admonition, was "a good admin for the site," -- well, THAT is where I start to wonder about an abuse of power.

Maybe he was padding his posts? :unsure:

Padding other peoples posts? :unsure:

Thanx for clearing it up Jas. Vince, I hope you come back and post man. Your a great friend to me and a great poster. :)

If it has been cleared up, then please fill me in.

So far, all I get is that the move had been pondered for some time, other Admins said go for it, there is a second-hand suggestion that cw abused his position somehow, and now a "good admin for the site" is out because...?

FSJ.....send an email Jason's way about it.

I'm sure I will. For the moment, I assumed if I had questions about the politics of the site then others did as well. Rather than all of us bombarding him, you, and other Admins with PMs (once they start working again) and emails asking the same questions, I figured the matter can be addressed once, publicly, and we'll all know what the deal is.

There are a couple of admins remaining that were not contacted, I think (??) 7 out of the remaining 9 were before this was done. Edit: it was 6, my bad.

Let us get to them, and then we will deal with this more out here. But, there will not be a lot more detail said about it...

In your case specifically, I know you have more of a personal concern about it then many people here. To be sure, you will know our side of it, as I know from what you said earlier that you already have his side.

Edited by kapkomet

Hey FLa, lets talk about it via aim. I don't want to get too into it for various reason. Also yesterdays outage has meant some admins still aren't aware of it and were still discussing things to a point, but to me, the move was necessary and it wasn't board politics. I don't really buy into board politics.

All I ask is this, has anyone ever seen me jump on a poster or say I hated another poster. I don't think I've ever done something along those lines, but who knows, maybe someone will run a search and find a few posts of me saying something like that.

Sorry guys but abuse of power LMAO, what power :lol: This isn't changing the world, its a board with a bizarre group of people. If anyone believes they have any real power they are kidding themselves.

Power to amuse

Power to inform

Power to piss off

Power to flirt

Power to post hot chick pics

But real power? I don't see it.

All I ask is this, has anyone ever seen me jump on a poster or say I hated another poster.  I don't think I've ever done something along those lines, but who knows, maybe someone will run a search and find a few posts of me saying something like that.

I've found several Jas.. :P

Hey FLa, lets talk about it via aim.  I don't want to get too into it for various reason.  Also yesterdays outage has meant some admins still aren't aware of it and were still discussing things to a point, but to me, the move was necessary and it wasn't board politics.  I don't really buy into board politics. 

All I ask is this, has anyone ever seen me jump on a poster or say I hated another poster.  I don't think I've ever done something along those lines, but who knows, maybe someone will run a search and find a few posts of me saying something like that.

I am running a search...so far nothing :ph34r: :lol:

I'm sure you've said you hated ace, because honestly, who doesn't hate ace? :P :lol:

There are a couple of admins remaining that were not contacted, I think (??) 7 out of the remaining 9 were before this was done.  Edit: it was 6, my bad.

Let us get to them, and then we will deal with this more out here.  But, there will not be a lot more detail said about it...

In your case specifically, I know you have more of a personal concern about it then many people here.  To be sure, you will know our side of it, as I know from what you said earlier that you already have his side.

Fair enough. And I do have a personal concern. cwsox is the first to welcome new members, the first to start birthday threads, and the first to jump into the fray when someone is being personally attacked on here. This place is more diverse, more cerebral, a little more combatitive at times but what the hey, and generally better off with him rather than without.

Fair enough.  And I do have a personal concern.  cwsox is the first to welcome new members, the first to start birthday threads, and the first to jump into the fray when someone is being personally attacked on here.  This place is more diverse, more cerebral, a little more combatitive at times but what the hey, and generally better off with him rather than without.

I agree with you 100%.

I hope that he comes back as a poster. I sincerely mean that.

Edited by kapkomet

Fair enough.  And I do have a personal concern.  cwsox is the first to welcome new members, the first to start birthday threads, and the first to jump into the fray when someone is being personally attacked on here.  This place is more diverse, more cerebral, a little more combatitive at times but what the hey, and generally better off with him rather than without.

Jim brings up MANY good points here. I agree with everyone of them.

This is as far as I'm going to go, but when I say abuse of power, I refer mainly to the admin portion and the type of controls admins have. It takes a lot of trust for me to give someone the controls to that end, once its broken, then a line is drawn and I have to think does it really make sense for them to stay in that position.

And when I refer to Vince as a good admin, I'll be the first to admit, he did some good things, just like I said. I don't want to bash Vince, thats not what I've come to do and for that reason, I'm keeping that type of info private. But if people still want to know, I have no problem talking one on one in some detail.

At the same time, its rare I make this type of call and when I do, I hope its respected. Like I just posted, politics aren't my thing and I don't dislike people just because someone else does, nor do I like someone just because someone else does.

Also, I can't say it more, I do hope Vince comes back as a poster.

Sorry for the second post, I intended this for this thread before it was locked.

Have you ever been hated or discriminated against? I have, I've been protested and demonstrated against.

Picket signs for my wicked rhymes. Look at the times. Sick is the mind of the motha f***in' kid that's behind

all this commotion. Emotions run deep as ocean's explodin.' Tempers flaring from parents, just blow 'em off and keep goin.'

Not takin' nothin' from no one, give 'em hell long as I'm breathin.' Keep kickin' ass in the mornin,' an' takin' names in the evening.

Leavem with a taste as sour as vinegar in they mouth. See, they can trigger me but they never figure me out.

Look at me now, I bet ya probably sick of me now. Ain't you mama, I'ma make you look so ridiculous now.

I'm sorry, Mama. I never meant to hurt you. I never meant to make you cry, but tonight I'm cleanin' out my closet.

Verse 2

I got some skeletons in my closet and I don't know if no one knows it. So before they thrown me inside my coffin and close it,

I'ma expose it. I'll take you back to 73 before I ever had a multi-platinum sellin' CD.

I was a baby, maybe I was just a couple of months. My f***** father must have had his panties up in a bunch,

cuz he split. I wonder if he even kissed me goodbye. No, I don't on second thought, I just f***in' wished he would die.

I look at Hailie and I couldn't picture leavin' her side. Even if I hated Kim, I grit my teeth and I'd try

to make it work with her at least for Hailie's sake. I maybe made some mistakes but I'm only human. But I'm man enough to face them today.

What I did was stupid, no doubt it was dumb, but the smartest s*** I did was take them bullets out of that gun.

Cuz id'a killed 'em, s*** I would have shot Kim an' him both. It's my life, I'd like to welcome y'all to The Eminem Show.

Verse 3

Now I would never dis my own mama just to get recognition. Take a second to listen for you think this record is dissin,'

But put yourself in my position. Just try to envision witnessin' your Mama poppin' prescription pills in the kitchen,

b****in' that someone's always goin' throuh her purse and s***s missin.' Going through public housing systems, victim of Munchausen's syndrome. My whole life I was made to believe I was sick when I wasn't 'til I grew up, now I blew up. It makes you sick to ya stomach,

doesn't it? Wasn't it the reason you made that CD for me, Ma? So you could try to justify the way you treated me, Ma?

But guess what, yer gettin' older now and it's cold when your lonely. An' Nathan's getting' up so quick, he's gonna know that your phoney.

And Hailie's getting' so big now, you should see her, she's beautiful. But you'll never see her, she won't even be at your funeral.

See what hurts me the most is you won't admit you was wrong. b****, do ya song. Keep tellin' yourself that you was a mom.

But how dare you try to take what you didn't help me to get. You selfish b****, I hope you f***in' burn in hell for this s***.

Remember when Ronnie died and you said you wished it was me? Well, guess what, I am dead. Dead to you as can be.