Scout Seats at the cell

valponick

sweet!

200 a seat? I dont think there THAT nice.

200 aint that bad... :ph34r:

I would not pay over 16 grand to sit and watch the Sox, sorry. :headshake

You can buy individual game tickets. They just offer them to season ticket holders first, then the rest go on sale to the public.

they are very nice. personally, though i would not sit there until some barbed wire or bear traps are set up around the wall. as i'm sipping my free kristal and nibbling my beef wellington i would like some additional security from the lower deck riff-raff. perhaps they can even raise the wall to maybe eight feet or so. i just couldn't bear the thought of those "outsiders" watching me with their EYES! the horror. i won't even mention the UD'ers. or as we like to call them in the ritzy seats, the unclean.

I've been lucky enough to sit right behind home plate for a few games and those are not my favorite seats. Because of the ump and catcher blocking the view of the zone, it's impossible to see pitch location. There's also something very wierd about having to see through the protective netting. The best seats IMO are behind the visitor's dugout, near 1st base and about 10 rows back. Since most hitters are right handed, you can see the zone and point of impact real well. It's especially sweet if there is a lefty on the hill.

I've been lucky enough to sit right behind home plate for a few games and those are not my favorite seats.  Because of the ump and catcher blocking the view of the zone, it's impossible to see pitch location. There's also something very wierd about having to see through the protective netting. The best seats IMO are behind the visitor's dugout, near 1st base and about 10 rows back. Since most hitters are right handed, you can see the zone and point of impact real well. It's especially sweet if there is a lefty on the hill.

That's where our season tickets are - more behind the OD circle than the dugout though - and I agree with you completely.

I've been lucky enough to sit right behind home plate for a few games and those are not my favorite seats.  Because of the ump and catcher blocking the view of the zone, it's impossible to see pitch location. There's also something very wierd about having to see through the protective netting. The best seats IMO are behind the visitor's dugout, near 1st base and about 10 rows back. Since most hitters are right handed, you can see the zone and point of impact real well. It's especially sweet if there is a lefty on the hill.

That's where our season tickets are - more behind the OD circle than the dugout though - and I agree with you completely.

You're very lucky, if you want to unload a game or two next year, I'd buy. ;)

There's also something very wierd about having to see through the protective netting.

These are premium seats...they should pull the netting down. I mean, the suits that are going to buy these tickets for their clients should get the full feeling. Perhaps everyone gets complimentary facemasks and chest protectors...and a mitt. All balls that are fouled and caught are considered in play and the batter will be out. Any edge we can get... :lol:

There's also something very wierd about having to see through the protective netting.

These are premium seats...they should pull the netting down. I mean, the suits that are going to buy these tickets for their clients should get the full feeling. Perhaps everyone gets complimentary facemasks and chest protectors...and a mitt. All balls that are fouled and caught are considered in play and the batter will be out. Any edge we can get... :lol:

better than hitting them to Valentin.

Sox Scam Scalps Fans:

By Jay Mariotti special to Soxtalk

The latest plan from the ballmall known as the Cell is a SELL out. The southsiders are borrowing a page from the Cubs playbook and passing over their loyal fan base to dip into the pockets of corporations who are willing to pay $170 to have their customers served cold beer and hot beef.

Their proposal is to create an elitist seating section away from the great unwashed Sox fans whose bousterous fighting has turned away upscale, polite fans in droves. The only amenity the area lacks is barbed wire and private restrooms to further insulate the newest Sox fans from the uneducated fans waiting to storm the field and attack yet another player or coach.

Perhaps these new seats will feature a virtual reality mode that will make the patrons believe they are watching a winning team, like the team to the north who are busier winning a spot in the post season than creating $170 seats.

I figured I would save everyone the time of reading his actual column.

All season tix holders whose seats would be effected have already been notified...

OK. Good. Thanks Cheat

Gee, maybe they aren't going to allow you to renew ;)

Fine with me. $11K saved. ;)

They may be afraid you'll run out on the field during the Baltimore series ;)