A question for NASCAR fans

Queen Prawn

What's the deal with Roush engines? This was an ongoing problem last year and it looks like instead of fixing the problem, they have made it worse - first Mark Martin was out two weeks in a row and now Jeff Burton :angry: :fyou :angry: is out two weeks in a row. Last week there were 4 of 6 cars running Roush engines that were out because of blown engines (Mark Martin, Jeff Burton, Ricky Rudd and I think Kurt Busch).

Can the individual drivers do something or is it up to Jack Roush to get his engineers to fix the problem?

Guest hotsoxchick1
What's the deal with Roush engines?  This was an ongoing problem last year and it looks like instead of fixing the problem, they have made it worse - first Mark Martin was out two weeks in a row and now Jeff Burton  :angry:   :fyou   :angry: is out two weeks in a row.  Last week there were 4 of 6 cars running Roush engines that were out because of blown engines (Mark Martin, Jeff Burton, Ricky Rudd and I think Kurt Busch).

Can the individual drivers do something or is it up to Jack Roush to get his engineers to fix the problem?

ya know 14 roush sure has had problems this season thus far... not only them though but most of the guys who went from ford to dodge this year are having their share of troubles too...... the engine thing is not a driver problem its a crew cheif, engineer, manufacture problem... somewhere someone is screwing up............last week wasnt it a thrown rod in martins car.??? i think that the one in burtons car was something with the oil spewing all over the place.....ya know with all the cash roush sinks into those cars ya think he would pay for some good blue prints for engines huh.............they definately need to get that shop together ......the only cars which seem to be doing kick ass this year are the gibbs cars.......dang they have that nailed down..............wish my boy rusty wouldnt have changed from ford to dodge this year.. hes not doing so hot with it......

Last week and this week there was oil starvation in the engine. They thought last week's was caused by some new oil pan, but apparently that wasn't the only thing causing it. Also, 2 of 3 of the Roush cars are up there in points - Kurt Busch (#97) and Matt Kenseth (#17). I feel for Martin because if he had one less DNF last year I think he could have easily won the championship - he was so close, but yet so far. Martin's driver's ed commercial is hysterical.

On Jeff's message board on the NASCAR site, the fans (including myself) are talking about whether he should try to sign with another team (don't know if anything is available or not) or not because the last two years have been bad due to the engine crap he's been dealing with - it turned out Roush was experimenting on Jeff’s car with the engines and that is why he had so many blown engines last year. It doesn't help his pit crew are a bunch of dimwits either - that crew screws something up every week and as soon as Jeff gets his spots back, he pits and his crew screws him again.

I knew I could commiserate with you HSC!

Guest hotsoxchick1
Last week and this week there was oil starvation in the engine.  They thought last week's was caused by some new oil pan, but apparently that wasn't the only thing causing it.  Also, 2 of 3 of the Roush cars are up there in points - Kurt Busch (#97) and Matt Kenseth (#17).  I feel for Martin because if he had one less DNF last year I think he could have easily won the championship - he was so close, but yet so far.  Martin's driver's ed commercial is hysterical.

On Jeff's message board on the NASCAR site, the fans (including myself) are talking about whether he should try to sign with another team (don't know if anything is available or not) or not because the last two years have been bad due to the engine crap he's been dealing with - it turned out Roush was experimenting on Jeff’s car with the engines and that is why he had so many blown engines last year.  It doesn't help his pit crew are a bunch of dimwits either - that crew screws something up every week and as soon as Jeff gets his spots back, he pits and his crew screws him again.   

I knew I could commiserate with you HSC!

dont pay attention to those guys 14... they dont know what they are missing (cali and all)..... as for jeff.. well he does have his share of troubles but he brings on alot of them himself.. (if you cant tell im not a big jeff fan..lol).....i do feel badly for mark martin though.. he should have kicked that asshole tony stewarts ass in last year..... he was very close.....i seriously think that nascar needs to take a look at the roush motors......theres got to be something else to it.. they are blowin left and right and they had similar problems last year.........if i were some of those guys i would start shoppin for different teams i think.........gotta love those hendrick, and gibbs cars.... they always seem to take the tops......although the earnhardt cars are doing pretty well too this year........at least michael and little "e" have been tearing it up pretty well...... i wonder if the smaller gas tanks this year and the new restrictor plates are making roush have the problems they are having.... whatever it is someone needs to get into that garage and take a good look around at whats going on..............

dont pay attention to those guys 14... they dont know what they are missing (cali and all)..... as for jeff.. well  he does have his share of troubles but he brings on alot of them himself.. (if you cant tell im not a big jeff fan..lol).....i do feel badly for mark martin though.. he should have kicked that asshole tony stewarts ass in last year..... he was very close.....i seriously think that nascar needs to take a look at the roush motors......theres got to be something else to it.. they are blowin left and right and they had similar problems last year.........if i were some of those guys i would start shoppin for different teams i think.........gotta love those hendrick, and gibbs cars.... they always seem to take the tops......although the earnhardt cars are doing pretty well too this year........at least michael and little "e" have been tearing it up pretty well...... i wonder if the smaller gas tanks this year and the new restrictor plates are making roush have the problems they are having.... whatever it is someone needs to get into that garage and take a good look around at whats going on..............

First - they do turn right - watch one of the several road races they do each year (one is at Sears Point - they just changed the name of the track, so I am not sure if I got the track name correct or not)..

HSC - how does Jeff bring his trouble on himself and what did he do that has you against him? I hate Dale Jarrert :fyou as a racer because the guy will wreck himself and someone else just to keep them from passing him - he did this to jeff and a couple others last year. The only thing "cool" about DJ are the UPS commericals, especially the one with Jackie Stewart because they are so silly.

My problem with Jeff is he is too docile and too much a company man - get pissed once in awhile like Tony Stewart and let the fans know you want your crew to quit being numb-nuts and you want Roush to fix the engine problem or you will look elsewhere.

Call me when these engines make a right turn.

Niiiiiiiiiiice.... :headbang :lol:

It would be funny except it's not the engine that dictates which way a car is going to go... :nono

Anyways, NASCAR isn't for everyone, but it's something else to watch one of the cars demolish a few others - that Ryan Newman crash in Daytona was something else and he walked away without even a scratch.

Let's not forget about Kurt Busch last year. If those crappy Rausch engines hadnt crapped out on him for about 2 or 3 weeks during August he might have been holding the points lead at the end but it is just a shame that it comes down to a matter or parts not racing which is what it is all about. With the number of problems they have had this year too I am surprise Busch has been able to finish 2nd three times. Hopefully he can have good engines for the rest of the year and bring home the trophy :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1
dont pay attention to those guys 14... they dont know what they are missing (cali and all)..... as for jeff.. well  he does have his share of troubles but he brings on alot of them himself.. (if you cant tell im not a big jeff fan..lol).....i do feel badly for mark martin though.. he should have kicked that asshole tony stewarts ass in last year..... he was very close.....i seriously think that nascar needs to take a look at the roush motors......theres got to be something else to it.. they are blowin left and right and they had similar problems last year.........if i were some of those guys i would start shoppin for different teams i think.........gotta love those hendrick, and gibbs cars.... they always seem to take the tops......although the earnhardt cars are doing pretty well too this year........at least michael and little "e" have been tearing it up pretty well...... i wonder if the smaller gas tanks this year and the new restrictor plates are making roush have the problems they are having.... whatever it is someone needs to get into that garage and take a good look around at whats going on..............

First - they do turn right - watch one of the several road races they do each year (one is at Sears Point - they just changed the name of the track, so I am not sure if I got the track name correct or not)..

HSC - how does Jeff bring his trouble on himself and what did he do that has you against him? I hate Dale Jarrert :fyou as a racer because the guy will wreck himself and someone else just to keep them from passing him - he did this to jeff and a couple others last year. The only thing "cool" about DJ are the UPS commericals, especially the one with Jackie Stewart because they are so silly.

My problem with Jeff is he is too docile and too much a company man - get pissed once in awhile like Tony Stewart and let the fans know you want your crew to quit being numb-nuts and you want Roush to fix the engine problem or you will look elsewhere.

jeff's too much of a puss.. just as you nicely said.....lol... i guess thats why i dont care for him too much.. hes not aggressive enough...........jarret is an old pain in the ass huh.........i dont like him much either cause he treats his crew like hes the God and they have to bow down an kiss his ass......not really a good driver/ chief relationship in those pits.........dj is very demanding to work for...........and with the way he races he should be driving that damn truck.. at least then everyone can steer clear of him.......lol.........i know this is gonna be a very interesting race season......with the smaller tanks and the new cars that some drivers switched to..(ie. rusty dumped ford and is now in dodge).... its gonna take some time for these pits and drivers to get used to how things work .......im lookin foward to bristol this weekend.... i love that track... and then talladega comin up soon.. should be interesting...........