Anyone listen to any Online Radio Stations?

Wise Master Buehrle

Just curious, as I've recently gotten into a really good one, 9412. They play some awesome awesome awesome classic rock, and take tons of requests. They've had every song I've requested so far. Oh yeah, and every Tuesday night they dedicate an hour to Pink Floyd, called Think Pink (Yeah, I know the Loop does that every Monday night too, but 9412 takes requests during this hour). Good stuff.

I got XM for Father's Day, and I can't turn it off! I get my choice of rock on my drive in, classical when the idiot drivers really piss me off, country when I am feelin' my hillbilly roots and the comedy station for some good laughs. I have a portable boom box for it coming soon. But prior to that, I did listen to some internet stuff while at work, but still kept switching stations often.

I got XM for Father's Day, and I can't turn it off!  I get my choice of rock on my drive in, classical when the idiot drivers really piss me off, country when I am feelin' my hillbilly roots and the comedy station for some good laughs.  I have a portable boom box for it coming soon.  But prior to that, I did listen to some internet stuff while at work, but still kept switching stations often.

I saw a commercial for that! It looked like it would be a great thing to have. The signal is never goofy, is it? Because that is satellite radio, if I recall correctly.

Well, it doesn't work if I am in the garage, but while driving, so far I haven't had a problem. I don't know how the home portable works yet, since it hasn't arived, but yes, it is sattalite, so I am wondering how I would set up the antenna. If you spend alot of time in the car, get it! I have anywhere from 2 to 3 hours a day, so it is worth it for me.

• 3 months later...

I thought this thread was worth bringing back with Wino's talk of music.

I just found a couple I really like. One in Germany and one in Hungary. They play a lot of English music that I've never heard before and some really cool songs...

EvilMonkey, I never saw this thread at the beginning - but I assume that you have your antenna all hooked up and stuff by now? How you like it?

I have sirius, and I really like it. Especially for long road trips, say from Dallas to West Texas (there is not a whole lot that is more boring) or from Dallas to Indiana.

EvilMonkey,  I never saw this thread at the beginning - but I assume that you have your antenna all hooked up and stuff by now?  How you like it?

I have sirius, and I really like it.  Especially for long road trips, say from Dallas to West Texas (there is not a whole lot that is more boring) or from Dallas to Indiana.

Wow, more boring than northern IN? :puke

West Texas has not a damn thing except rocks and pumpjacks.  At least there are trees in Northern Indiana.

There are stretches out near Big Bend with zero, nada, zip, FM radio stations. That has to be the only place in the US. I hit scan and it just kept going around and around the dial. There were a few AM stations, I could here Rush for part of the dive lucky me :lol:

Kap, one time heading out to the Davis Mountains after a prolonged rain, the purple sage was all in bloom. For that drive, West Texas was the most beautiful landscape I'd ever seen. The mountains, the flowers, the cactus were just incredible.

The one thing that I was disappointed in was the stretch with all the wind mills. I thought it would look cool, they are an eyesore. Now I know why wind has so many opponents.

There are stretches out near Big Bend with zero, nada, zip, FM radio stations. That has to be the only place in the US. I hit scan and it just kept going around and around the dial. There were a few AM stations, I could here Rush for part of the dive lucky me :lol:

Kap, one time heading out to the Davis Mountains after a prolonged rain, the purple sage was all in bloom. For that drive, West Texas was the most beautiful landscape I'd ever seen. The mountains, the flowers, the cactus were just incredible.

The one thing that I was disappointed in was the stretch with all the wind mills. I thought it would look cool, they are an eyesore. Now I know why wind has so many opponents.

We are actually thinking about trying to catch wildflower season around big bend in early March.

Some of the photos I have seen of this are spectacular.

But I'm mainly talking about the Abeliene west on I-20 and I-10 toward El Paso... man that drive sucks ass.

But El Paso is kinda cool, all the desert mountains and stuff.

:ph34r: I have two: :ph34r:

Kaiju Radio: http://www.kaijuonline.com/kaiju2/ - Basically it's Godzilla soundtracks, and other Japanese Giant Monster soundtracks.

OTR Now: http://www.otrlive.com/ - Which is an Old Time Radio streaming station.

Yeah...I'm a geek. But if I want to hear music I love, I use things called CD's. I can't afford all of the Kaiju soundtracks I would love to get, and it is not easy to find them online.

There is also too much OTR out there to collect as fast as I would like, so I enjoy listening as the grandparents once did, though through a computer instead of a radio.