Saturday Night Bristol Stomp

Queen Prawn

Bristol under the lights is my favorite race of the year in NASCAR. Brainage and I are supposed to be heading to Lake Geneva this weekend so if we do, we will be at the bar to watch the race. We did this a couple years back (the race Ward threw his heel straps at Jr, Sadler had a meltdown and Wallace lost the race to Gordon in the last few laps) and it was a blast! By the end of the race every one in the bar was watching the race and ended up calling Wallace some not so nice names and booing Gordon for the bump and run. Good times. :cheers :usa

(I didn't want to end up with a thread about how it isn't a sport so I threw this thread in SLAP! :P )

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please expalin to me where the entertainment value is of watching cars race around in circles?

I just don't get it.

:huh

I don't know. I personally don't like watching it but I bet if you are actually doing the driving it is fun.

I am asking a question!

Honestly, it seems more like you are trying to start another 'Nascar is stupid' thread. I specifically asked in the first post to give it a rest.

As an aside, I don't like basketball, soccor or golf, but I don't go into every thread about it and says that I don't get why people like to watch it.

The excitment is in the stategy of when to pass, the door to door, bumper to bumper action at 100+ mph, the noise, the crowds, the skill of the drivers, the chain smoking women in halter tops, the bubbas and bubbettes, and the possibility of seeing a major wreck in turn 4. And of course the same evil vs. good that WWF has employed. You have to watch "your guy" win or get screwed by same assclown.

The excitment is in the stategy of when to pass, the door to door, bumper to bumper action at 100+ mph, the noise, the crowds, the skill of the drivers, the chain smoking women in halter tops, the bubbas and bubbettes, and the possibility of seeing a major wreck in turn 4. And of course the same evil vs. good that WWF has employed. You have to watch "your guy" win or get screwed by same assclown.

Thanks Tex!

Bristol under the lights is my favorite race of the year in NASCAR.  Brainage and I are supposed to be heading to Lake Geneva this weekend so if we do, we will be at the bar to watch the race.  We did this a couple years back (the race Ward threw his heel straps at Jr, Sadler had a meltdown and Wallace lost the race to Gordon in the last few laps) and it was a blast!  By the end of the race every one in the bar was watching the race and ended up calling Wallace some not so nice names and booing Gordon for the bump and run.  Good times.  :cheers  :usa

(I didn't want to end up with a thread about how it isn't a sport so I threw this thread in SLAP!  :P )

:headbang one of my fav races of the season. and let's keep the booing of jeffy at a maximum level. :D

I don't know about how long time-wise, but I know the list is way over 100,000 people.

Wow that's really cool and a testimony to the greatness of NASCAR and racing.

The acerbic American journalist and social critic H.L. Mencken (1880-1956) is credited with the quote. The original quote was "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public." 

P. T. Barnum is most often associated with the circus sideshow and the display of freaks. While this is true, he is also the founding force behind one of America's most famous circuses: Barnum & Bailey Circus. Barnum is also affiliated with the famous quote "There's a sucker born every minute." History, unfortunately, has misdirected this quotation. Barnum never did say it. Actually, it was said by his competitor.

I enjoy watching in person, especially with a scanner to listen to the drivers and crews. On tv, yuch I guess I'm not a big enough fan.

I cant wait for the race to start. I love when they give the rundown during the race of the number of drivers pissed , fights , wrecks, crew confrontations and whatever else goes on. I would give anything to go to this race but like some of you said id have to wait like 5 or so years to get in. You can get tickets on EBay or something but their like 900 dollars I hear.

Nadeu

I only saw the tail end of that one and I can't say I remember it - but reading the articles about his rehab did verbally show how bad it was. That's why it floored me that Neuman and Sadler walked away from their end over end wrecks at Daytona (I think they were both at Daytona anyway).

I only saw the tail end of that one and I can't say I remember it - but reading the articles about his rehab did verbally show how bad it was.  That's why it floored me that Neuman and Sadler walked away from their end over end wrecks at Daytona (I think they were both at Daytona anyway).

Yeah, he was in intensive care with head, lung and rib injuries. It was bad