Saturday Night Bristol Stomp

Queen Prawn

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last i heard Nadeau said he may never race again because of that wreck. Its weird how the worst crashes the guys walk away unhurt but the accidents you wouldnt think much of end up causing the biggest problems.

Take Dale Earnheart for example. When I saw it on TV, I didn't think it was that bad until I found out he died. Then I was like woah...

Take Dale Earnheart for example. When I saw it on TV, I didn't think it was that bad until I found out he died. Then I was like woah...

Yeah i turned off that race and didnt think anything of it. Later im going through the channels and i see it on CNN. Was a great race and cool to see Mikey win but then it all went to hell after that.

Im thinking Elliott Sadler is gonna get the win but im biased towards Yates.

If we have a category in the 2004 Soxtalk Awards for the best NASCAR screen name Confederate 48 You are a shoo-in to win. That screen name just screams out NASCAR :headbang :notworthy :cheers

If we have a category in the 2004 Soxtalk Awards for the best NASCAR screen name Confederate 48 You are a shoo-in to win.  That screen name just screams out NASCAR  :headbang :notworthy  :cheers

Since I was never here for the '03 awards, when do we do the awards? End of the season?

this is kurt busch's track and this is his race I am guaranteeing another victory for the 97 and Rousch racing!

From me to jack roush: :fyou

But, I still like Mark, Kurt and Matt so I do wish them luck, but I want to see Jeff B in front of them! :P

From me to jack roush:  :fyou

But, I still like Mark, Kurt and Matt so I do wish them luck, but I want to see Jeff B in front of them!  :P

Once again Queen drops into a dialect that sports fans cannot follow ;)

Queen how are you mad at Roush ?? I think Burton wanted out to move on to a better team and this helps Roush bring up Carl Edwards and get him some time before hes full time next year. I think both sides won with the move. Burton gets a fresh start and they bring up their young driver to see what hes got.

Queen how are you mad at Roush ?? I think Burton wanted out to move on to a better team and this helps Roush bring up Carl Edwards and get him some time before hes full time next year. I think both sides won with the move. Burton gets a fresh start and they bring up their young driver to see what hes got.

Things are coming out that Jeff was forced out as soon as he let Roush know that he wasn't going to resign with him. Jack did not honor the contract they had which was to the end of this season - hence why Jack AND RCR are paying Jeff for these last few races. Also, days after Jeff leaves the 99 car magically has a sponsor. There were other things going on before Jeff left that weren't right either. I'm glad both sides are taking the high road, but there have been a few writers that are suspecting that more will be coming out the longer Jeff has been out of the Roush org.

Edited by Queen Prawn

I woulda like him to kept the number 99, cause I won't be able to associate him with 30 as quickly.

But QP, Burton does kick ass. I'm not a particularly big NASCAR fan, but when I watch it's always to see how the 99 (and now 30) is doing.

Well the way i saw it it seemed they both agreed to part ways and noone really screwed the other. As for the sponsor i heard everyone was looking for a team with a younger driver so when Edwards came up that was the younger driver they were looking for. I like Burton but i think it was good he left. I remember back to the days when he was up front every week and in the top 5 or so in points all the time but now hes struggling. This new team should help bring him back to his old form i think.

Well the way i saw it it seemed they both agreed to part ways and noone really screwed the other. As for the sponsor i heard everyone was looking for a team with a younger driver so when Edwards came up that was the younger driver they were looking for. I like Burton but i think it was good he left. I remember back to the days when he was up front every week and in the top 5 or so in points all the time but now hes struggling. This new team should help bring him back to his old form i think.

Younger driver?! Jeff is all of 37 (about 4 yrs older than Matt).

It is a good thing that Jeff left, it is just that things are coming out that Roush wasn't as much a nice guy as both were posturing. Jeff had been struggling because he was running experimental crap (and that was what most of it was - crap) and he was saddled with a crew chief who has little to no experience at it. Jeff ended up call the shots from the car because every time Osbourne did something, he'd make the car worse. Bob did get better by the end, but it still wasn't good enough.

In any sense, I am glad they both got what they wanted, but I can't say I respect Roush in any way. His drivers, though, I like them all, except Biffle :P .

By young i mean 20s. Being 37 isnt as young as it was back in the day with Nascar. Look through the field and you see alot of guys in their 20s. Kahne , McMurray , Mears , Vickers , and Edwards are just a few. I believe Newman and Busch are in their 20s yet maybe even Sadler ? The older guys are becoming outnumbered.

By young i mean 20s. Being 37 isnt as young as it was back in the day with Nascar. Look through the field and you see alot of guys in their 20s. Kahne , McMurray , Mears , Vickers , and Edwards are just a few. I believe Newman and Busch are in their 20s yet maybe even Sadler ? The older guys are becoming outnumbered.

I knew what ya meant. Personally, I have had my fill of 'the young guns.' I would love to see the vets dominate again. Jeff Gordon is about 33, Stewart is 33 and Jr is turning 30 in Oct and they are doing well (not that I am a fan of the three lol) so there is hope for 'vets' I guess. :huh

Again im biased but my man DJ is starting to get it turned around. He and his crew chief Mike Ford ( Bill Elliotts crew chief from last year ) are starting to work well together. Also Mark Martin is doing a fine job as well just has terrible luck.

My boss and my FBIL are huge DJ fans. My boss and I usually end up having a good race conversation on Mondays. DJ is cool and I will cheer for him. Mark Martin is a great guy and racer. His comments about Jeff B show the kind of man he his - one that stands by his word and his friends (he said that he will miss him as a teammate and when Jeff moved to RCR he realized that it wasn't just about the two of them being teammates, bu that they had a strong friendship as well). I have an SI from 99 that has a bunch of articles about Jeff, Mark and Roush racing, oh and DJ is on the front with David Pearson :headbang .