Mt Dew

MinnesotaSoxFan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:headshake You aren't from Chicago and you still said pop. What the f*** is pop? :angry: Why would you call it pop? :fyou

/petpeeve

It's pop in Iowa. Always has been. A very limited segment will say soda or soda pop. As far as calling any pop a Coke.......if you are at a restaurant and ask for a Coke or Pepsi and they don't have it, they wiill usually give you the other.

But it's called pop.

Nothing like a Casey's pepperoni pizza with RC..... :wub:

Too bad that they will never show that episode on TV ever again. What season was that in anyway? It has to be in the season dvd.

I've seen that episode so many times. That season was the beginning of the end. Go to snpp.com. They have archives and s***. I'm too lazy to look it up, but it's there.

:headshake You aren't from Chicago and you still said pop. What the f*** is pop? :angry: Why would you call it pop? :fyou

/petpeeve

Hell ya, about time I see people given s*** for calling it pop instead of soda. SODA :headbang

Whenever I go to Iowa, the first thing my family does is give me s*** for calling it soda.

I've seen that episode so many times. That season was the beginning of the end. Go to snpp.com. They have archives and s***. I'm too lazy to look it up, but it's there.

http://www.tvtome.com/Simpsons/season9.html

Season 9

179. The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson

gs: Michael Dees (Voice of "New York, New York" Singer (uncredited)) Joan Kenley (Voice of Phone Voice) 

Homer, Carl, and Lenny get drunk at Moe' and Moe picks Barney as the designated driver. Barney drives them home in Homer's car but the next day Homer realizes that Barney did not return his car. Weeks later, Barney reappears after a drunken binge. Homer gets a letter from city of New York that says his car is illegally parked between the World Trade Center buildings. Homer hates New York after an experience from years before. The Simpsons ride the bus to New York, where they split up and explore the city. Homer is very hostile to New Yorkers. Homer stays with his car, waiting for the police to take off its boot, but after drinking can after can of crab juice (his only other option was Mountain Dew), and he really has to pee. Well he still can't leave but when he can't stand it anymore, he goes up into the World Trade Center towers looking for a bathroom. The police come while he is away, leaving a huge fine. Homer decides he has had enough of New York, and he decides to drive the car with the boot still in place. He ruins his car, but then he figures out a way to get it off his front wheel. He picks up the family and drives back to Springfield.

b: 21-Sep-1997 pc: 4F22 w: Ian Maxtone-Graham d: Jim Reardon 

NOTE: Due to the events that unfolded in NYC on 9/11/2001, it may be likely that this episode will be seldom (if ever) seen again.

In the U.K., the BBC's slackness at showing new episodes resulted in this episode never being broadcast before the events of 11th September 2001, and now quite probably will never see the light of day. (Ironically, the 9th season started - skipping this episode - just a couple of weeks later!)

This is the first episode where the character Duffman is introduced.

The Duff theme song is the beginning of the song "Bounce"

Some versions of this episode that are allowed to air despite the events that unfolded in NYC on 9/11/2001 cut the scene where the guy in the second tower calls the person in the first tower a jerk after Homer bites on the boot bolts (but leaves in the scene where Homer goes to both towers to use the bathroom)

People call this episode lost but I saw it at least twice since 9/11. Also, this episode shouldn't be removed, we can't forget that the towers were once there.

A new version of this episode airs on some Fox affiliates where all scenes and verbal references to the World Trade Center are deleted.

A new heavily edited "Homer vs the City of New York" is airing in syndication. All references to Homer's wrecked car parked near the World Trade Center, including shots of the towers (including the scene where he goes to the towers to use the bathroom) and verbal references, are badly cut out.

Actually, the Duff theme song is the start of "Oh Yeah" by Yello... also used in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", and "Driving Me Crazy"

I saw this episode on Norwegian television recently (2003-08-04), so it appears it has not been withdrawn after all. And that is good, because this episode is definitely one of the best episodes ever.

The original syndicated version, with all the plot and visuals of the World Trade Center (God rest the souls of all involved...), just aired on Fox's owned-and-operated affiliate in Boston (30 Oct. 2003).

As Homer is polishing off the last can of crab juice from the khlav kalash vendor, you can see his thumb twitching spasmodically.

The very tall man whose legs Homer pounds on the bus is the same man that forced Nelson to walk the streets in his underwear in "22 Short Films About Springfield".

In 1998, this episode won an Emmy for 'Outstanding Music and Lyrics', for the song, 'You're Checkin' In'.

After the events of 9/11, this episode has been aired (over and over again) by Antena 3 Television in Spain. Just like any other old episode, as it is to be expected when they have been airing TWO episodes every week day for the last four or five years.

Blackboard: Unknown.

Couch: The family are Harlem Globetrotters and show off their basketball tricks to the music of "Sweet Georgia Brown."