Go Argentina!

:headbang --

I must admit I'm rooting against that "team" of "all-stars".

But at this point it looks like it could be another case of the refs becoming too much a part of the game... TD has fouled out.

I'm not able to see the game, though I here it's on a 1 hour tape Delay :lol:

Here's what "Sardonic" from BTF had to say just a few minutes ago.

Since it's the middle of the working day in the states, I bet no one is watching the game, but the officiating is a travesty.

The local announcers here in Taiwan, who are as anti-American as anyone else, are reduced to quietly saing things like "Well, I don't really see where the contact was on that foul against Duncan."

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to spoil it for you, so if you don't want to know the ending, don't read this next.

US loses to Argentina 89-82 I believe was the final score. Pitiful showing by the team, but they were doomed from the start. Team was horribly put together with no outside shooting, just a bunch of athletes unfamiliar with each other on a team level thrown together.

Argentina flat-out choked mid-way through the 3rd Q - had a 16 point lead and then just started to give the ball away left and right, missing free throws, open short-range jumpers and easy lay-ups.....

They were lucky Duncan fouled out in the 4th. This game should have been a 20+ point blow-out. Instead the NBA losers almost pulled it out.

And you guys feel comfortable rooting AGAINST your own country??

Yeah they are a bunch of selfish players who cant play as a team.... but the Jersey says USA...

They are embarassing the country with their attitude, but I am not gonna root against them.... They need to let people who wanna play play

this only proves one thing those who backed out r going to hear the heat all through out the season and at the world championchips in 06. there will be a total make over of this team for 06 including a white guy on there. i dont blame usa basketball for how the team was made. i do blame the roy williams, greg popovitch and the players who where not in the playoffs when detroit was winning the nba title becuase the layed on there ass and did nothing instead of trying to play together and train for the olympics.

And you guys feel comfortable rooting AGAINST your own country??

Yeah they are a bunch of selfish players who cant play as a team.... but the Jersey says USA...

They are embarassing the country with their attitude, but I am not gonna root against them.... They need to let people who wanna play play

Why root for them?

So, if they were somehow able to squeak by with a gold that we would have a simillar bunch of selfish streetballers over there thumping chests and bricking three's in 4 years. No.

I'm rooting for basketball. And the game those guys representing our country is far from basketball.

I'm not a big fan of Pro Baskeball, Period. There's too much Isolation and standing around watching each-other. I hated it when the Bulls did it with Jordan back in the day; I hate it now. I find the fact that these "professional" baskeball players piss down their legs when they see a zone defense laughable.

Why root for them?

So, if they were somehow able to squeak by with a gold that we would have a simillar bunch of selfish streetballers over there thumping chests and bricking three's in 4 years.  No. 

I'm rooting for basketball.  And the game those guys representing our country is far from basketball. 

I'm not a big fan of Pro Baskeball, Period.  There's too much Isolation and standing around watching each-other.  I hated it when the Bulls did it with Jordan back in the day; I hate it now. I find the fact that these "professional" baskeball players piss down their legs when they see a zone defense laughable.

Yeah I know our players are selfish... I just meant rooting against your country

Im a basketball fan as well

What the f*** does THAT have to do with anything???

:headshake

Either he's actually thinking they needed a white player on there for reasons I don't know, or he's referring to the almost typical white NBA player...a little slower, without the insane cross over moves and the awesome dunks, but a guy who shoots the ball very well and plays very fundamentally sound basketball.

Argentina flat-out choked mid-way through the 3rd Q - had a 16 point lead and then just started to give the ball away left and right, missing free throws, open short-range jumpers and easy lay-ups.....

They were lucky Duncan fouled out in the 4th.    This game should have been a 20+ point blow-out.  Instead the NBA losers almost pulled it out.

Lucky???? Huh!!!

16 point lead and a tema blows it you have to have killer instinct. Which the USA didn't Excuse me. But Duncan's fouls were fouls. Team USA sucked EOS. The world has caught up and the Americans must swallow there so called pride and accept it.

I'll say it.  I've said it before.

The USA needed a WHITE guy on the team.  Multiple White guys.

Angola didn't have a white guy. Look how they did.

We had all white guys on our team except for one, and you saw how we did. :P :lol:

I'm not a big fan of Pro Baskeball, Period.  There's too much Isolation and standing around watching each-other.  I hated it when the Bulls did it with Jordan back in the day; I hate it now. I find the fact that these "professional" baskeball players piss down their legs when they see a zone defense laughable.

Preach that!! :headbang :cheers

No racism intended toward black people, but basketball is becoming a gangsta sport with all those crazy ass looking people on it.

Lucky???? Huh!!!

16 point lead and a tema blows it you have to have killer instinct. Which the USA didn't Excuse me. But Duncan's fouls were fouls. Team USA sucked EOS. The world has caught up and the Americans must swallow there so called pride and accept it.

alright genius, how long do these international teams play together? years. how long has this USA team played together? a couple months maybe. listen, the united states still has the best athletes in.the.world. you have that team practice and play together for as long as argentina and lithuania and all those teams have, and they'll coast.

alright genius, how long do these international teams play together? years.  how long has this USA team played together? a couple months maybe.  listen, the united states still has the best athletes in.the.world.  you have that team practice and play together for as long as argentina and lithuania and all those teams have, and they'll coast.

But that's never going to happen is it, you know what USA Basketball players are like.

But that's never going to happen is it, you know what USA Basketball players are like.

Never happen? How about MJ, Magic, Bird, Hakim, Ewing, Stockton, Robinson, Mullen, Malone, Thomas and Co? Utterly unbeatable.

Cheat, Zero tone it down with the racism ok.

Never happen? How about MJ, Magic, Bird, Hakim, Ewing, Stockton, Robinson, Mullen, Malone, Thomas and Co?  Utterly unbeatable.

That was 10 years ago, when those players actually gave a damn. That team had everything, great low post players, and actual 3 point shooters. Hopefully now, guys like Shaq, Kobe, KG and T-Mac will actually decide to play for their country now.

That was ten years ago. Larry Bird is not walking through that door, Michael Jordan is not walking through that door etc.

In past years the US could get by on pure talent without having played together. That Dream Team was something never seen before and something we'll never see again. Now foreign teams have the edge because of preparation time, however I still believe that we have the best basketball players in the world.

The team should have been assembled better. We all know that. My friend made a great observation the other day while watching the game against Lithuania (I think). International basketball is like watching people play NBA jam. The 3 point line is absurdly close, so everything is either a dunk or a 3. We don't have any real gunners on this USA squad, and we paid for it.

That was 10 years ago, when those players actually gave a damn. That team had everything, great low post players, and actual 3 point shooters. Hopefully now, guys like Shaq, Kobe, KG and T-Mac will actually decide to play for their country now.

Thats the reason right there...

Bird, Magic, Jordan

ALL of them were superstars

Look at our team now, we got like 2 superstars out there...

If Tmac, Shaq, Garnett, and McGrady were out there we'd be moping the floor with "Lithuania"

Its pathetic

Thats the reason right there...

Bird, Magic, Jordan

ALL of them were superstars

Look at our team now, we got like 2 superstars out there...

If Tmac, Shaq, Garnett, and McGrady were out there we'd be moping the floor with "Lithuania"

Its pathetic

True.....but another thing...That team was so special

Jordan, Bird, Magic > Shaq, Kobe, T-Mac

True.....but another thing...That team was so special

Jordan, Bird, Magic > Shaq, Kobe, T-Mac

Don't even talk about talent...

just on Basketball I.Q. alone

Jordan/Magic/Bird > Tmac/Kobe/Shaq

I'd take Jordan/Magic/Bird at the end of thier careers over Tmac/Kobe/Shaq. They just know how to play, how to win.

As many have said before, you don't even have to add Garnett, Shaq, or Kobe to this team for them to win. All you needed was a few more Michael Redd, Vince Carter, Ray Allen's to be able to knock down the outside shot consistently. Teams knew this entire tourney that they could pack the lane and play zone and that would neutralize out athletic advantages. Richard Jefferson was the leading 3 point shooter on the team and he was something like 75th overall in the NBA in shooting 3's. It was a very poor choice of a team, partially the invitation committee's fault, and partially the players that turned us down's fault.