Jury duty

Steff

Pretend like you never got it... unless you wanna do Jury Duty?

I got called many years ago. I think right after I turned 18.. I got dismissed because of school. But now I live in a new county. I don't care either way. Just wondering if they'd be comin' for me if I didn't send it in.. :ph34r: :lol:

I got called many years ago. I think right after I turned 18.. I got dismissed because of school. But now I live in a new county. I don't care either way. Just wondering if they'd be comin' for me if I didn't send it in..  :ph34r: :lol:

Im planning on dodging Jury Duty till the day I die...

im 20 and havent seen a thing yet... but when I do I will claim racists against everyone or anything, I dont wanna have to do that crap

You'd better tell them. I was told by the guy in charge there that it's reall up the the prosecutor. Sometimes they go after you balls out and sometimes they let you go. "Balls out" could include jail time. Is it worth it to you?

You'd better tell them. I was told by the guy in charge there that it's reall up the the prosecutor. Sometimes they go after you balls out and sometimes they let you go. "Balls out" could include jail time. Is it worth it to you?

It wasn't an order to come to jury juty. Just a questionaire. Questions like are you a citizen? Over 18? How long at current residence? Been in the military? ... etc, etc..

You still think I should call and tell them to send me another?

It wasn't an order to come to jury juty. Just a questionaire. Questions like are you a citizen? Over 18? How long at current residence? Been in the military? ... etc, etc..

You still think I should call and tell them to send me another?

That's what they use for jury duty. That's probably more important than the jury duty notice itself.

Im planning on dodging Jury Duty till the day I die...

im 20 and havent seen a thing yet... but when I do I will claim racists against everyone or anything, I dont wanna have to do that crap

I've been summoned five times and would really like to serve. I think it is important and something that sets the US apart from other countries.

I have always wanted to experience it, but I have never even got a quesionaire, let alone a summons.

I happened to be there Monday. Was asked back for District Court 332 Judge Ramirez and at 2:00 dismissed because they settled all pending matters.

What I do not understand is that all jury duty selection is on Mondays. What does the Judge do the rest of the week if he isn't actively trying any cases?

What I do not understand is that all jury duty selection is on Mondays. What does the Judge do the rest of the week if he isn't actively trying any cases?

I believe he does trials that the defendent did not request a tril by jury.

I totally agree. I've been called 3 times and never served.

I've been called 3 times (or so). Served once and was almost on the panel to get selected when that particular case was given a continuance. As it turns out, my brother was selected about a month later for a murder trial and by everything we talked about, it really sounded like he got the trial I was released from. :o