WGN SuperFan

chisoxfan14

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel left out..I'm like the only ex-WSIer not to actually get banned from there.. :lol:

Haha, you're not alone. There's at least two of us b/c I left WSI too, but not b/c of being banned. I left b/c this board is like 50x better.

I just read it, how f***ing gay it is over there.

Its ridiculously strict. Question a moderators authority, rules of the board (as TMAR did), or act out of line ONE time and you could be banned.

I notice many soxtalk members who post over at WSI and I have no problem with that. Afterall, its a White Sox message board and were all on the same side. What perplexes me about our fellow fan site is their new found arrogance now that the media has recognized them. "OMG, DAVE WILLS MENTIONED US!"

Now, to properly represent the White Sox community, threads which showcase negativity or heated debates are moved to the Roadhouse. Browse the forum; there's over 20 locked threads. ALL WITHIN TWO WEEKS. Our site has yet to collect that number in nearly two years.

Another noteable difference between the sites is the moderating team. Theirs is compiled of disgruntled, arrogant nerds who have no life outside the message board and attempt to justify their existence with an internet dictatorship. Again, browse through the Roadhouse and you'll be grateful of the leniency of this site. Truly the opitimy of mod-abuse.

Answer this for me: if any WSI member were to have questioned the removal of a members administrative power (cwsox) would they still be around? Likely not.

For anyone not familar with the history several prolific members had with WSI you may think I'm overreacting. "It's just a message board," some will say. Last year, before I began consistently posting here I never would have devoted the time to bash another site. But after reading the abuse of power transpiring at WSI a rant was in order.

I'm sorry for hijacking your thead chisoxfan. :D :bang Good luck with the WGN superfan contest.

Another noteable difference between the sites is the moderating team.  Theirs is compiled of disgruntled, arrogant nerds who have no life outside the message board and attempt to justify their existence with an internet dictatorship. Again, browse through the Roadhouse and you'll be grateful of the leniency of this site.  Truly the opimity of mod-abuse.

Answer this for me:  if any WSI member were to have questioned the removal of a members administrative power (cwsox) would they still be around?  Likely not. 

For anyone not familar with the history several prolific members had with WSI you may think I'm overreacting.  "It's just a message board," some will say.  Last year, before I began consistently posting here I never would have devoted the time to bash another site.  But after reading the abuse of power the transpiring at WSI a rant was in order. 

I'm sorry for hijacking your thead chisoxfan. :D  :bang  Good luck with the WGN superfan contest.

Number one thing i like about sox talk is that you can be here for awhile and not even know who exactly is a mod or admin because they do not try to threaten to ban you if you voice your opinion. If i did not see that certain members have a colorful name i would have never know that they were a mod, which is a good thing