Thanks for Olivo..

err0r

Well Olivo had this first multi homer game last night, still seems a bit shaky defensively behind the plate but hes called games fine with our young guys so far.. Glad to see safeco isnt really hurting him very much power-wise. How is davis doing? Noticed he was swingin the bat a bit better this past month you guys think he will keep it up? Well good luck in the central and sorry to see that freddy is hurting right now.

~mariner fan ;)

Well Olivo had this first multi homer game last night, still seems a bit shaky defensively behind the plate but hes called games fine with our young guys so far.. Glad to see safeco isnt really hurting him very much power-wise. How is davis doing? Noticed he was swingin the bat a bit better this past month you guys think he will keep it up? Well good luck in the central and sorry to see that freddy is hurting right now.

~mariner fan ;)

Weclome aboard to SoxTalk err0r. :cheers I know the few Mariners fans we've had post on here from time to time have been pure class as well.

We were all upset at losing Miggy at the time of the trade, we thought he was going to be with the White Sox for a long, long time. Potential wise, he could be a Jason Kendall type, a guy that could hit about .280 to .300 with 20 steals if he's allowed to turn loose on the basepath. He has a cannon of an arm as well. Good to see he's calling games better as well, that was probably the one query on him while he was here, guys like Buerhle didn't want to throw to him.

Ben Davis's turnaround has been quite amazing to watch really. The first few weeks we had him he really sat on the bench and did nothing, most of the people thought, he was nothing more than a fill - in, and wouldn't be around after the season. However, Greg Walker helped fixed his swing, something minor I think that was actually pointed out by his Dad, and he's been hitting real well ever since. Seems to get a lot of CLUTCH hits, which is more than a lot of other hitters on the White Sox can say. We want to resign him at the end of the year, and we think we can still get him pretty cheap because we turned his his career around. I think he can hit .260 to .270 consistently, and if resigned, he'll be our everyday catcher in 2005.

I'm still happy about the trade, even though I really like Olivo.

Freddy's been good for the Sox, at least until his forearm fell off, and Ben's been a nice surprise at the plate and solid behind it.

Reed and Morse never played one game for the Sox, so I am unable to miss them.

I'm hoping this is a trade that both teams are happy with.  I'd love to see Olivo do well for Seattle.

I think this trade is really a win - win for both teams. Reed is gonna be a great center fielder for the M's in the next 5 to 10 years, and Miggy should develop further as well.

I think this trade is really a win - win for both teams. Reed is gonna be a great center fielder for the M's in the next 5 to 10 years, and Miggy should develop further as well.

If Reed lives up to his potential, having Ichiro and Reed at the top of the order will be awesome for the M's.

"A bit better"? I'd say Davis has been lighting the world on fire in the last month or so. 950 OPS with solid defense in that span. I think Jaime Burke is a better choice against LHP.

Olivo is more talented, but he still can't hit RHP, commits too many blunders defensively and runs into way too many outs. I'd love to have him back, but you can't have everything. I agree, it was a good trade for both teams.

Olivo is more talented, but he still can't hit RHP, commits too many blunders defensively and runs into way too many outs. I'd love to have him back, but you can't have everything. I agree, it was a good trade for both teams.

Olivo isn't more talented. Davis has had a world of talent that Olivo couldn't even dream of. Olivo's just performed better so far.

(edit) likewise ;)

Glad to see davis doing well. I'm not sure about which catcher is better really..

Davis

• better defense
  • more knowledgeable, game calling for example
  • probably more power potential
Olivo
  • Can run
  • excellent arm
  • decent pop
I don't know both catchers seem fine, davis just couldn't figure it out with us, hopefully olivo starts hitting rightys a little better and could still use some improvement on defense.. Looks like dan wilson is gonna be the backup next year ;)

:cheers

I'm gonna get flamed for this but I think most of you guys think way too high of Miguel. He really did not show me much to shed a tear over him, other than his great attitude for the game(now I'm really gonna get flamed). He has yet to show he can hit at the major league level( average is in the.240's again and only an obp of about .300 with the M's). He's got decent pop, but strikes out a bit much. He's got a great arm but allows too many passed balls and I'm still shaky on wheather he can call a game or not. I don't know whats to miss so much about him. He has looked marginal so far and he seems to be just another catcher. Even in short time, I have to say I like Ben better.