Esteban Loaiza

SuperSteve

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very touching indeed....Anyways I'm not a Yankee hater, I'm just saying the Yankees probably aren't happy about Loaiza's performance and rightfully so, he's been terrible. We weren't happy with him when he was with the Sox.

What I am saying is.....after the disgusting 2002-2004 - no, after 1918-2004 -, the term 'gloating' shouldn't even be in our collective lexicon. Especially, not when the pitcher in question is gazillion years old and might just lose those 3-4 mph off his fastball in the off-season himself. Karma.

Sorry, but we get to laugh at/feel sorry for the Yankees the day World Series Parade comes to the South Side, and not a second sooner. Understand now?

I would be happy to see loaiza back in a sox uniform...he was a two time all star for us in 2 years and a rotation with garcia,buerhle,contreares,loaizia, and garland would sure be a tough one to beat....

I would be happy with Esteban back with the Sox in 2005 also. He showed that he can be a winner, but that he had to work at it. I wonder just how seriously he took the need to work hard on keeping that edge in '04? I believe this was a wake up call for E Lo plus he knows now he won't command the kind of money he may though he was going to get after '03.

I don't think he's going to come just to be showcased.  SOmeone is going to give him some decent money for a year and two

You mean like somebody was gonna give Robbie 2 years/5 Mill last off-season?

Nobody is gonna pay 4 Mill for a 6.50 ERA pitcher, which is what Loaiza has been since late June. He must prove he is 100% healthy and his 2003 armspeed is back first.

No, and I'll put money on it. That title will belong to the Angels, or even the Red Sox if they (meaning the teammates) don't believe in curses.. ;)

You HAVE to mention the Twins in any argument about potential World Series contenders. Not doing so is ignorant.

Santana is about as dominant as Pedro was during his stretch in the late 90s, and if you have that on ANY playoff staff, you are a favorite. They also have Radke, who has pitched well in the playoffs before, along with Silva, Lohse, or even Mulholland to give them 5 innings or so. Their bullpen is one of the best in the leagues and is quite deep(whichever starter(s) is not used, plus Rincon-Romero-Nathan, along with Balfour and Roa if you want to count them)...they will be a VERY scary team come postseason time.

As of right now...I'm crossing my fingers that Minnesota doesn't win the whole f***ing thing...because they very well could.

You HAVE to mention the Twins in any argument about potential World Series contenders.  Not doing so is ignorant.

Santana is about as dominant as Pedro was during his stretch in the late 90s, and if you have that on ANY playoff staff, you are a favorite.  They also have Radke, who has pitched well in the playoffs before, along with Silva, Lohse, or even Mulholland to give them 5 innings or so.  Their bullpen is one of the best in the leagues and is quite deep(whichever starter(s) is not used, plus Rincon-Romero-Nathan, along with Balfour and Roa if you want to count them)...they will be a VERY scary team come postseason time.

As of right now...I'm crossing my fingers that Minnesota doesn't win the whole f***ing thing...because they very well could.

Santana and Radke are the key for them. If they both can pitch at their best during the post season, I'm going out on a limb and as much as it pains me to say it, I think the Twinkies can win the whole thing, IF, they don't play the Yankees 1st up.

Santana and Radke are the key for them. If they both can pitch at their best during the post season, I'm going out on a limb and as much as it pains me to say it, I think the Twinkies can win the whole thing, IF, they don't play the Yankees 1st up.

I think it is more or less Radke that makes or breaks the Twins, personally. Santana is almost guaranteed to give you a quality start, and in all likelyhood, more then that, both times out, and the Twins only need 3 runs or so to either remain in the game or to even have the lead.

Assuming they get a win in game 1, game 2 would probably be the biggest game of the series...if the Twins win, they are looking at starting Santana on full rest in game 5 of the ALDS.

Again, I'm just hoping and praying that Minnesota does not win the Series, because they very well could.

--on paper, the Sox always look tough to beat.

Then we take the field and can't beat out the Twinks year after year.

Please, Sox won 7 of 8 against the Twins at one point in May and June - with Magglio and Thomas hurt no less. The only loss coming courtesy of one Neal "El Pretty" Cotts.

Put the

CF Pierre

RF Rowand

DH Thomas

3B Beltre

LF Lee

1B Konerko

SS Uribe

C Davis/Burke

2B Willie/Polanco/Hairston (platoon of two)

Garcia

Pavano

Buerhle

Contreras

Garland/Loaiza (the latter health-contingent)

Shingo

Mota

Marte

Wunsch/Munoz

Bajenaru

Adkins

team on the field next year and I guarantee you Twins do not come within 10-12 games of 1st place. Maybe 15+ if they start selling off in July. Of course the 80 M price tag will scare Jerry off, but that's a subject for another thread.

Please, Sox won 7 of 8 against the Twins at one point in May and June - with Magglio and Thomas hurt no less. The only loss coming courtesy of one Neal "El Pretty" Cotts.     

Put the

CF Pierre

RF Rowand

DH Thomas

3B Beltre

LF Lee

1B Konerko

SS Uribe

C Davis/Burke

2B Willie/Polanco/Hairston (platoon of two)

Garcia

Pavano

Buerhle

Contreras

Garland/Loaiza (the latter health-contingent)

Shingo

Mota

Marte

Wunsch/Munoz

Bajenaru

Adkins

team on the field next year and I guarantee you Twins do not come within 10-12 games of 1st place. Maybe 15+ if they start selling off in July. Of course the 80 M price tag will scare Jerry off, but that's a subject for another thread.

No way Beltre is coming here, some team will be stupid enough to offer a big contract in free agency and pay for it. Plus he's a Boras client, so it's a no go there. Corey Koskie or Bill Mueller is probably more likely at 3rd. Anyway we can get Pierre on the Southside for the right price, it's a must do deal. Florida's going to have some major holes to fill, and if Mike Lowell leaves in free agency, they could use Joe Crede to replace him perhaps. Plus they'll want some bullpen help as well.

Florida's going to have some major holes to fill, and if Mike Lowell leaves in free agency, they could use Joe Crede to replace him perhaps. Plus they'll want some bullpen help as well.

I thought Lowell sign a three-year deal before the season started? :huh:

I thought Lowell sign a three-year deal before the season started?  :huh:

He signed a 4 year deal, but that can be voided after 1 year, if the Marlins can't build a new stadium which it doesn't look like they'll do. Someone will give him a nice contract because he's been very consistent of the past few years.

Pavano is wanted badly by the Red Sox and Yankees, I'm worried it could become a bidding war between those two. I'd offer $8 million over 4 years for him though, but I think he might get more than that. However we shouldn't put all of our eggs into one basket. There's plenty of other top notch starters like Odalis Perez that we could certainly go after.

He signed a 4 year deal, but that can be voided after 1 year, if the Marlins can't build a new stadium which it doesn't look like they'll do. Someone will give him a nice contract because he's been very consistent of the past few years.

Wait a sec, Mike can void his own contract?

Pavano is wanted badly by the Red Sox and Yankees, I'm worried it could become a bidding war between those two. I'd offer $8 million over 4 years for him though, but I think he might get more than that. However we shouldn't put all of our eggs into one basket. There's plenty of other top notch starters like Odalis Perez that we could certainly go after.

As long as the following are addressed:

-front-line starter

-front-line reliever

-clean-up slugger

-lead-off hitter

-RH platoon mate for Willie

I am fine with it. Odalis instead of Pavano? I'm down wit dat.

As long as the following are addressed:

-front-line starter

-front-line reliever

-clean-up slugger

-lead-off hitter

-RH platoon mate for Willie

I am fine with it. Odalis instead of Pavano? I'm down wit dat.

With Maggs, Jose's and Koch's salary coming off the books this season, that's an extra $20 million in payroll available. With the new t.v deal as well, we should be able to spend about $25 million this off-season. $4 million of that could go to Everett IF we pick up his option. Some money will go to Garland I think, because he'll be arbitration eligible. So that's back to about $20 million. A front - line starter should cost about $7 to $8 million. A top reliever about $3 to 4 million. So that's half of our available spending money gone there. A lead off hitter like Frank Catalanotto perhaps would cost about $3 million, and a clean up slugger could be Maggs if we offer him a $7 year deal, that could be upgraded to $10 million IF, the Sox makes the playoffs and he reaches some clauses.

With Maggs, Jose's and Koch's salary coming off the books this season,

Maggs, Koch, Jose, Politte, Schoeneweis, Jackson, Everett (buy-out), Loaiza, Sandy, Timo and Robbie to be precise. 35 Million in all. Plus whatever comes from year-to-year revenue increases and Comcast.

Lead-off hitter: Pierre (3.5)

Reliever: Mota (4)

Starter: Pavano/Perez (7-8)

Slugger: Beltre (10-12)

Willie's platoon: Hairston/Polanco (cheap)

Sure, might have to part with Crede, Borchard, Munoz, etc since 3 of the above are not FA eligible....but that's a small price to pay when you haven't won jack since 1917 imo.

Maggs, Koch, Jose, Politte, Schoeneweis, Jackson, Everett (buy-out), Loaiza, Sandy, Timo and Robbie to be precise. 35 Million.

Lead-off hitter:  Pierre (3.5)

Reliever:  Mota (4)

Starter:  Pavano/Perez (7-8)

Slugger:  Beltre (10-12)

Willie's platoon: Hairston/Polanco (cheap)

Sure, might have to part with Crede, Borchard, Munoz, etc since 3 of the above are not FA eligible....but that's a small price to pay when you haven't won jack since 1917 imo.

I think you forgot to mention all of the pay raises on this team.