New House

kapkomet

Yay! We got the keys to our newly built house today. That's a good feeling to have all that crap done.

And what's the first thing we did after that? Go open a Home Depot charge card. Now I got a few thousand dollar limit to go spend at Home Depot anytime. :unsure:

So, we started hanging up the blinds, and our satellite TV goes in tomorrow, and the painting begins next weekend.

Then, the all important high speed internet ... ... THEY DON'T HAVE DSL! :angry: The neighborhood is not built out yet.

Anyone ever go with a wireless internet provider? How's the service?

So, the next few weekends I won't be around much. Chores, then the move, then the settling... :whip :whip :whip

Satilitte internet is expensive up front.  The equiptment is like $600 total.

Yea, I won't do that.

It sucks. No cable, no DSL. Not for another year anyway.

But they do have high speed wireless internet. It's $149 install and all equipment included and it's $59.99 a month with 1.0 kpbs download and 250 mbps upload (which is faster upload speed then DSL).

I'm trying to check around to see if people use it and have had problems. It's farily new. The reason they have it where I'm at is somehow or another Texas Motor Speedway had it put out there for their internet service.

Kap, for what it's worth, I used Satellite INternet on the cruise ship and it worked perfectly fine, in the Caribbean. It probably is expensive like Southsider said, but you shouldn't worry much about quality.

Only problem would most likely be thunderstorms which you'll have a lot of down in Texas. :lol:

Oh, and congratulations on the new house!!!

Yay!  We got the keys to our newly built house today.  That's a good feeling to have all that crap done.

And what's the first thing we did after that?  Go open a Home Depot charge card.  Now I got a few thousand dollar limit to go spend at Home Depot anytime. :unsure:

So, we started hanging up the blinds, and our satellite TV goes in tomorrow, and the painting begins next weekend. 

Then, the all important high speed internet ... ... THEY DON'T HAVE DSL! :angry: The neighborhood is not built out yet.

Anyone ever go with a wireless internet provider?  How's the service?

So, the next few weekends I won't be around much.  Chores, then the move, then the settling... :whip  :whip  :whip

I'm actually moving into my own house in a couple weeks too and will be getting cable High speed internet..although it's expensive as hell..

Good luck to you with the movin and all :headbang

KAP, how close to the speedway are you? Is the highway noise from 35 going to be a problem or are you not that close?

Artist/Band: Green Pat

Lyrics for Song: Southbound 35

Lyrics for Album: Three Days

What the hell am I doing down in Kansas City, I know damn well it ain't where I belong, think I'll quit my job come 5 o'clock, find my lonely way back home, My baby said just what are you trying to prove here, do you really want to leave me here alone, I said I'm staring at this ocean full of Yankees, and I'd rather be in Texas on my own.

Chorus

So we were southbound 35, we were headed down the road,

hit the border by the morning, let Texas fill my soul,

yeah let Texas fill my soul.

The tears start to flow about the time that I was leaving, she said I guess you better take me along, God might have made me born a Yankee, but it's time that I made Texas my home, So we loaded her stuff into my pickup, said good-bye to all my friends, called my brother down in Austin, said I'm headed home again.

Chorus

She had her feet up on the dashboard, she was holding my hand and wearing only a smile, she said it's gonna be hard to start all over, but the feeling I have will make it all worth while.

Chorus

KAP, how close to the speedway are you? Is the highway noise from 35 going to be a problem or are you not that close?

Pat Green!!!

Not many people outside of Texas know him, but he's pretty decent for a country singer... er something.

We sit on a hill. When you look north down my street, you can see TMS. It's like a mile and a half, so I wouild imagine when there is a race we will definitely hear it.

I-35W (it spilts in Denton - West goes to Fort Worth and East goes to Dallas) is about 3/4 of a mile to a mile away. It's pretty darn quiet out there compared to living right next to Dallas-Fort Worth International.

They are building a Cabellas out by us and a bunch of resorty stuff. Then, they are building a 1.3 million square foot mall about 2 miles away, supposed to be all upscale.

I think we got in the neighborhood just in time.

Pat Green!!!

Not many people outside of Texas know him, but he's pretty decent for a country singer... er something.

We sit on a hill.  When you look north down my street, you can see TMS.  It's like a mile and a half, so I wouild imagine when there is a race we will definitely hear it.

I-35W (it spilts in Denton - West goes to Fort Worth and East goes to Dallas) is about 3/4 of a mile to a mile away.  It's pretty darn quiet out there compared to living right next to Dallas-Fort Worth International.

They are building a Cabellas out by us and a bunch of resorty stuff.  Then, they are building a 1.3 million square foot mall about 2 miles away, supposed to be all upscale.

I think we got in the neighborhood just in time.

I think Pat kind of has his own sound. He can really throw a party. It was nice when I could head to Austin and pretty much be assured he ws playing a bar somewhere close by. Now he's touring more and even hits the RGV sometimes.

That is a nice area out on 35W. I use to soend a lot of time in the metroplex on business. I sometimes miss it :lol: