Garland

GoArow33

You people that don't appreciate what Garland can be are ..... ah f*** it.  It ain't worth it.

No, no - don't hold back. I'll ask again:

"What talent would that be? His change floats. His slider hangs. His curve bounces. His 92mph four-seamer is straight as arrow. He lives and dies with inducing a DP ball with a good two-seamer that most of the time is a ball anyway"

Judy is not fooling the hitters. Judy is not overmatching the hitters. Judy is not improving. I don't want Kenny to trade her because frankly Judy doesn't deserve to be given a fresh start without helping us first, in whatever capacity. That capacity is 5th starter.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no - don't hold back. I'll ask again:

"What talent would that be? His change floats.  His slider hangs. His curve bounces. His 92mph four-seamer is straight as arrow. He lives and dies with inducing a DP ball with a good two-seamer that most of the time is a ball anyway"     

Judy is not fooling the hitters.  Judy is not overmatching the hitters. Judy is not improving. I don't want Kenny to trade her because frankly Judy doesn't deserve to be given a fresh start without helping us first, in whatever capacity. That capacity is 5th starter.

I agree 100%. Just cannot wait for jeckle to come and defend her honor.

Garland is trying really hard to get his era over five.

actually im pretty sure Garland isnt trying to get his era over 5

Just because he is struggling young doesnt mean we need to shove him out of town.. RIGHT NOW he would be a great 5th starter for us, but down the road he is gonna be moving up the rotation...

there are a lot worse options out there for us...

Just because he is struggling young doesnt mean we need to shove him out of town.. RIGHT NOW he would be a great 5th starter for us, but down the road he is gonna be moving up the rotation...

Do you think i actually meant that he is trying to get his era over 5?

What's up with this "good fifth starter" bulls***? I'll admit that Garland is better than Rauch, Diaz, Munoz, Stewart, Grilli, or Cotts this year, but I would rather see us have a rotation that pitches 1-5. I'm not satisfied with a 5th starter going .500 for us next year. If we are going to sign or trade for some quality pitching, it'll probably cost us some offense. Let's get two quality pitchers for next year and see if we can move Garland for either some bullpen help or a bat.

:pray Please come to the White Sox next year Russ Ortiz and Odalis Perez.

I'm sure I'll get smashed with this idea and I don't really know his minor league stats right now but if they're decent, why not bring Danny Wright back up for another shot. Nothing seems to be working right now, let's bring him up.

Dan Wright might not even be back for next year. :o

It was just an idea, I know it's a bad one, I just think he has talent for a major league roster. It might not be a starter, but a set up or middle reliever could be a possibility.

His shoulder and elbow are really f***ed up. He incapable of pitching anywhere next year.

You people that don't appreciate what Garland can be are ..... ah f*** it.  It ain't worth it.

YASNY, I think many of us have a pretty good idea that Garland can be a winner, but the kid just ain't got the intestinal fortitude or the inner fire yet. He needs to get his act together. I think Jon can be a 15 to 20 game winner, but he will always be a .500 pitcher the way he goes about the business now. Maybe next year though?

I think Jon can be a 15 to 20 game winner, but he will always be a .500 pitcher the way he goes about the business now. Maybe next year though?

I've been saying that for the past two years. I learned my lesson after this year's all-star break. :headshake

No matter what with Wright, he won't be the same pitcher he was, he wasn't even that steller to begin with either.

Dan Wright is out for another 16 months after his surgery (elbow). I don't know if they did the shoulder too, the last I heard was they were letting time heal the shoulder.

Forget about Dan Wright, at least until mid-2006 or 2007.

Oz said after the game:

“It’s a shame,” Guillen said. “(Garland) has all the talent

in the world and doesn’t use it.”

Oz obviously has given up on him.

He's gone.

Too bad, though, we're still going to need a No. 4, 5 starter.

If I were the Braves I'd trade for Garland

If he stays healthy, he's eventually going to win big.

Garland isnt going anywhere. At least not next season. Kw has already said Garland is in the teams plans for next season.

Oh she better be.

We will never know the full extent of the damage done to the team by the 5th starter fiasco in the last 2 years. Baseball is about momentum and intangibles as much as any game, if not more - like Botch's blown saves, those automatic losses every 5th day seemed to almost demoralize the team....If Judy goes 14-8 in that role next year, that would give the 2005 team the kind of boost not available to 2003-2004 squads.

No offense but you guys are just insane.

First off we lost the game the moment Ozzie but that pathetic lineup on the field.

Second Jon gave us 7 IP. Casey Blake was hot. So we're the rest of the Indians.

If he would of had a quality start you guys would still be saying that it was his fault. We couldn't of bought a run with that pathetic lineup we had on the field. This was a lose-lose situation.

Secondly if any of you listened to was DJ said, which happens to be a fact, Jon has been very consistant about only giving up 3 to 4 runs a game. To ship a guy out of town who's been doing that when we can't even find a 5th starter who can keep an ERA below 7 then I think you people need a reality check.

He has solid 4th starter numbers. As a 5th Starter he would be among the tops in all of baseball.

Not all major league teams have 5 aces! GET OVER IT!