Cool Piece of History

Nice to see when the guy gets his occasional start that he can still get some stuff done. He hit his 17th career granny today against the Mets. I wish he could have been with the Sox a bit longer and I am kinda sad to see that he is retiring after this year but what a nice career the guy has had. Anyways, here is the link.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb...recap&fext=.jsp

:cheers to old Robin

Nice to see when the guy gets his occasional start that he can still get some stuff done.  He hit his 17th career granny today against the Mets.  I wish he could have been with the Sox a bit longer and I am kinda sad to see that he is retiring after this year but what a nice career the guy has had.  Anyways, here is the link.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb...recap&fext=.jsp

:cheers to old Robin

I remember when he hit 2 grannys in the same game that was an awesome day :headbang

Robin is probably my all time favorite. A leader by example, he was "Don't tell me what you hit, tell me when you hit 'em" at its truest. He was a gold glove 3B IMO, and I miss him to this day. He gave the southside some great years, and some unforgettable moments. I will never forget his game winning Grand slam off of Goose Gossage against Texas, amongst other huge Ventura occasions.

To Robin :cheers

I don't think Robin was overrated by Sox fans. We knew what we had and that was a very solid baseball all around baseball player (ok, no speed). He was a gold glove caliber thirdbaseman that had a decent bat and knack for hitting in the clutch. He tied down that 3B position for years when good 3B's are hard to comeby. No one ever accused Ventura of being a HOF'er, but he should have gotten an all-star appearance or two during his years with the Sox.

Robin was a very good but not great player for the White Sox...He did provide stability and great defense at 3B...But perhaps if my memory serves me correct is one of the streakiest hitters in the history of major league baseball. The team often played well during his torrid hitting streches and struggled when he went into some of his patented 5 for 60 slumps...That being said congrats to Robin for a great career!!

:cheers :cheers