ESPN Hockey 2k5 ships tomorrow

Spiff

points of interest:

"The most useful and troublesome new moves are done with the Right Thumbstick on defense, which acts as a Punishment Stick. Slap the stick in different directions for more powerful checks on opponents. If you click in on the Right Thumbstick and punish a player, you'll go over the top with your viciousness."

"Puck action is improved this year, particularly around the goal. Last year the goalies were far too dominant and would smother almost any failed shot. This year sees a more realistic interpretation with easily double the number of rebound opportunities. Goalies tend to deflect first and worry about catching later. This leads to a better game pace simply because rebounds turn into a furious battle for control."

I was going to buy madden and trade in 2k, but I'm just too cheap. I lvoe hockey games and haven't bought one in a while, so I will definately be picking this game up. Speaking of which, it is pretty odd that the game is already coming out.

I mean, how much longer is it until hockey season starts (even if it does???).

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/534/534865p1.html

It sounds like they added a ton of crap.  It seems like just yesterday I bought 2k4, but at $20 there's no way I won't get it.  Though seeing St. Louis on the cover sucks, I might have to cut out a picture of Iggy and put that over him.

How was gameplay in 2k4? Did they have a dynasty mode?

How was gameplay in 2k4?  Did they have a dynasty mode?

I love the gameplay in Sega's hockey series so much more than EA's. All my friends preferred it too, I dunno if that means anything to you, but after playing last year's EA version they promised to never complain about anything in ESPN hockey again. :lol:

And yeah, they have dynasty mode.

Just got it, its pretty good, but alot of feautures I havent seen yet, like the Ice girls, or the locker room thing....

I think I'll probably get it tomorrow, have you noticed any cool/uncool things within the game worth pointing out?