READ THIS POST-NEW SOXTALK POSTING POLICY

southsider2k5

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if they are the same or not, though to be frank, I seriously doubt it.  On here, Brando was using the jeremy id.  But now HE GAWN.

Wow, it's too bad you guys have to jump through these hoops to identify it's brando. What is the matter with people? If a guy gets banned, that simply means "go away, get on with your life, you're not welcome here". Do people not get the message, or what? It was pretty obvious to me who it was. Either that or it was his little brother or something :lol:

Hey, we are missing a few long time posters lately ... Steff, cwsox, quickman?

I wonder where they are and wish they'd come back.

Well ... all except for quickman :lol: , are you kiddin' me?? (sorry for the inside joke, I know he'll read this and he hates me already :lol: )

Would something like "Wake up....and smell the s*** you're shoveling" , be a personal attack??

Cause basically all I am saying is...

"Arise from your slumber and identify the fragrance of falsehoods you are excavating"

Doesn't seem so bad to me....but let me know

No it's fine. Really, these guidelines are just to have a sort of plan of action for all the mods in case someone really acts up. Don't worry about the normal give and take that goes on, most of the time it is self-contained and as long as people aren't carrying grudges from thread to thread and constantly attacking each other, you won't even notice a difference.

You're not gonna get suspended for calling someone an idiot. This isn't WSI and it never will be.

No it's fine.  Really, these guidelines are just to have a sort of plan of action for all the mods in case someone really acts up.  Don't worry about the normal give and take that goes on, most of the time it is self-contained and as long as people aren't carrying grudges from thread to thread and constantly attacking each other, you won't even notice a difference.

You're not gonna get suspended for calling someone an idiot.  This isn't WSI and it never will be.

Well said.

No it's fine.  Really, these guidelines are just to have a sort of plan of action for all the mods in case someone really acts up.  Don't worry about the normal give and take that goes on, most of the time it is self-contained and as long as people aren't carrying grudges from thread to thread and constantly attacking each other, you won't even notice a difference.

You're not gonna get suspended for calling someone an idiot.  This isn't WSI and it never will be.

idiot :ph34r: :lol:

Of course the post should contain something more than just you're an idiot. I will judge posts not only by just the insult but the balance of the post. Just coming in a calling someone an idiot or worse will have my fingers flying faster than a well constructed couple of lines as to why someone is an idiot.

you are the kind of posters who deserved to be identified with some of the names that are being discussed.

your attempt to cause problems is what i noticed.

Exactly. This was a good example of what the admins are trying to get rid of. He was just trying to escalate nothing. It's funny that it was Brando because I was really starting to hate that guy. At least I'm consistent, lol.

It's funny that it was Brando because I was really starting to hate that guy. At least I'm consistent, lol.

:cheers

Can't agree more with ya! Hit it on the head

Thank God Roman, Airdale, Brando and a few more are Bye Bye. They bring nothing but insults to opinions

Hey, we are missing a few long time posters lately ... Steff, cwsox, quickman?

I wonder where they are and wish they'd come back.

Well ... all except for quickman  :lol: , are you kiddin' me??  (sorry for the inside joke, I know he'll read this and he hates me already  :lol: )

cwsox is gone...or so we hear...

as for steff, I hope she can get through the death in the family...

and terry? well he's been meticulous of details on his whereabouts as of late...

I vote to bring back the dips*** smiley.

MOst times I've seen it used is when people are making fun of themselves when they say something wrong/stupid.

Like it would go

Me

(Dips*** smiley under it)

Also, people can just easily call someone a dips*** than click a button to have some little yellow dude with a sign call them it. Aboloshing the dips*** smiley does nothing to enforce this rule.

Just my two cents. :)

I vote to bring back the dips*** smiley.

MOst times I've seen it used is when people are making fun of themselves when they say something wrong/stupid.

Like it would go

Me

(Dips*** smiley under it)

Also, people can just easily call someone a dips*** than click a button to have some little yellow dude with a sign call them it. Aboloshing the dips*** smiley does nothing to enforce this rule.

Just my two cents. :)

I actually do agree.

We mods and admins will be able to watch over what is and isn't appropiate use of the smillies, I suppose. If, for example, Zero did his dips*** smiley thing, it's not that big of a deal, and we mods and admins will not do a thing about it...no need to. If I call myself and idiot because I said something I thought was stupid, I'm obviously not going to edit it out.

But if another poster uses the smiley in the sense that they are seriously and truthfully referring to the other poster as a dips***, then it will be edited out.

censorship is bulls***.... while hate speech is not protected by the first amendment... i believe we all have the right to call one another a moron or an idiot or a mother f***ing mongoloid....

not trying to be a rosa parks here, but anyone who thinks this policy is a good idea is wrong.

in fact... it sucks

:usa

censorship is bulls***.... while hate speech is not protected by the first amendment... i believe we all have the right to call one another a moron or an idiot or a mother f***ing mongoloid....

not trying to be a rosa parks here, but anyone who thinks this policy is a good idea is wrong.

in fact... it sucks

:usa

you don't like go to another board.

thank you for making my point.... if YOU dont like what i am saying then YOU can go to another board....

i have no problems with the guidelines set here. you are whinning about it.

ownership is what it is all about. these people and their rep's have the right to set up any policy they see fit. it is their board and let you and us thru their effort, let us post here. if you can't abide by these guidelines go away.

calling the ownership of this board bulls*** is what the guidelines are being set up for, b/c of a certian group of people.