Bush on Today Show

LowerCaseRepublican

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0...4461314,00.html

When asked "Can we win?'' the war on terror, Bush said, "I don't think you can win it."

Of course, just because the threat of terror hasn't actually shrunk, and just because the US military is already stretched well past its limits, and just because civil liberties are increasingly a distant memory... and now we're also admitting that we're never actually going to win, that's no good reason to stop.

I'm sure that's one thing Bush and Kerry can agree on.

Truely though, you cannot ever stop terrorism, IMO. As long as someone has a beef with someone else there will always be terrorism.

But as bush said

``I don't think you can win it. But I think you can create conditions so that the - those who use terror as a tool are - less acceptable in parts of the world.''

So you could make it less acceptable thus cutting down on the amount it happens.

On a side note though, the History channel had a good show on Osama Bin Laden that was very good, took you back through his as a child and what not if I'm not mistaken.