Kerry daughters get a rude welcome in Miami

Did anyone else see they were greeted with an astonishing amount of boo's.

I thought they were going to be given a heroes welcome, instead I hardly heard any cheers...very strange considering the musicians themselves seem to be on the Kerry boat.

This picture sums it up:

capt.aaa16308300156.mtv_awards_aaa163.jp

The whole political process is pathetic. Neither these gals nor Bush's daughters should be subjected to this crap.

But - it sure does make for an interesting picture, doesn't it, because you get outside a "staged event" the opinions seem to vary a lot more then the media would let you believe.

To me, them getting both boo's and cheers shows that people are getting involved no matter who they like for president. Both of the daughters seemed to be taken a back when they were being booed as they talked. They could barely stand it.

I was surprised to see that the Bush daughters didn't get booed as bad.

With that said, all the daughters for both presidential canidates are fugly.

The whole political process is pathetic.  Neither these gals nor Bush's daughters should be subjected to this crap.

But - it sure does make for an interesting picture, doesn't it, because you get outside a "staged event" the opinions seem to vary a lot more then the media would let you believe.

It is interesting. These girls are finally realizing how polarized people are when it comes to the respective parents.

1549.. you must work for Fox News, because you are only reporting half of the story. The Bush Twins also got booed repeatedly.

Kerry, Bush daughters booed on MTV

Monday, August 30, 2004 Posted: 12:16 PM EDT (1616 GMT)

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Reaching out to young Americans at MTV's Video Music Awards Sunday night, the daughters of President Bush and his Democratic challenger Sen. John Kerry were met by loud cheers and jeers.

It was unclear exactly whom the cheers and the boos were meant for or why. They began immediately after radio and MTV personality Carson Daly introduced "from New York, Barbara and Jenna Bush and here in Miami, Vanessa and Alexandra Kerry."

The Kerry daughters were at the event in Miami; the Bush daughters appeared in a pre-recorded video.

"My sister and I are thrilled to be here tonight with you all in Florida," said Vanessa Kerry, "and to get this chance to suggest that you get involved in this election and vote -- and hopefully that you vote for our father."

MTV cameras showed some audience members apparently giving the women a standing ovation, but the mixture of boos and cheers continued.

Alexandra Kerry added that millions of young Americans can help determine the November election, "but we appreciate that in our democracy people are free to feel differently about who they vote for."

The Kerry daughters then turned around to watch, along with the MTV audience, the video of the Bush daughters.

"Hey Alexandra and Vanessa, and hey to everyone at the VMAs," said Barbara Bush.

"Jenna and I really wish we could be there, but we're in New York this week to support our dad and, as you might have guessed, we want to suggest that you vote for him in November." (Special report: America Votes 2004, the Republican convention)

Jenna Bush said, "We can all agree on the importance of voting."

MTV's broadcast turned down sounds of the audience during the playing of the video, but the vocal audience could still be heard.

The Bush twins are 22 years old. Vanessa Kerry is 27; Alexandra turns 31 on Sunday.

The boos seemed to die down and cheers took their place toward the end of the segment, when the Kerry daughters took back the floor and encouraged people to support victims of Hurricane Charley, which devastated portions of Florida earlier this month.

Vanessa Kerry said, "Despite our differences, we all agree this election and this process are important. And we all agree that all of us are part of a greater American family."

Speaking to CNN afterward, Vanessa Kerry said the booing had "scared" her, but added, "We're fighting for something so strongly, I will go up there and hear the whole arena boo if it means connecting with one person."

She also said it was "surreal" to appear at the VMAs, known for having one of the most energetic and responsive crowds of any awards show.

1549.. you must work for Fox News, because you are only reporting half of the story. The Bush Twins also got booed repeatedly.

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Reaching out to young Americans at MTV's Video Music Awards Sunday night, the daughters of President Bush and his Democratic challenger Sen. John Kerry were met by loud cheers and jeers.

It was unclear exactly whom the cheers and the boos were meant for or why. They began immediately after radio and MTV personality Carson Daly introduced "from New York, Barbara and Jenna Bush and here in Miami, Vanessa and Alexandra Kerry."

The Kerry daughters were at the event in Miami; the Bush daughters appeared in a pre-recorded video.

"My sister and I are thrilled to be here tonight with you all in Florida," said Vanessa Kerry, "and to get this chance to suggest that you get involved in this election and vote -- and hopefully that you vote for our father."

MTV cameras showed some audience members apparently giving the women a standing ovation, but the mixture of boos and cheers continued.

Alexandra Kerry added that millions of young Americans can help determine the November election, "but we appreciate that in our democracy people are free to feel differently about who they vote for."

The Kerry daughters then turned around to watch, along with the MTV audience, the video of the Bush daughters.

"Hey Alexandra and Vanessa, and hey to everyone at the VMAs," said Barbara Bush.

"Jenna and I really wish we could be there, but we're in New York this week to support our dad and, as you might have guessed, we want to suggest that you vote for him in November." (Special report: America Votes 2004, the Republican convention)

MTV's broadcast turned down sounds of the audience during the playing of the video, but the vocal audience could still be heard.

The Bush twins are 22 years old. Vanessa Kerry is 27; Alexandra turns 31 on Sunday.

The boos seemed to die down and cheers took their place toward the end of the segment, when the Kerry daughters took back the floor and encouraged people to support victims of Hurricane Charley, which devastated portions of Florida earlier this month.

Vanessa Kerry said, "Despite our differences, we all agree this election and this process are important. And we all agree that all of us are part of a greater American family."

Speaking to CNN afterward, Vanessa Kerry said the booing had "scared" her, but added, "We're fighting for something so strongly, I will go up there and hear the whole arena boo if it means connecting with one person."

She also said it was "surreal" to appear at the VMAs, known for having one of the most energetic and responsive crowds of any awards show.

the Bush girls were booed but not as badly. Then at the end, the crowd responded to the boos with cheers. They didnt get it quite as bad

Anybody who heard it could only say the Kerry girls were booed much more enthusiastically by the crowd, but to be fair, the Bush girls were pre-recorded. Even the brainiacs at the MTV Awards won't boo a video screen with as much gusto as they will real live people.

Anybody who heard it could only say the Kerry girls were booed much more enthusiastically by the crowd, but to be fair, the Bush girls were pre-recorded. Even the brainiacs at the MTV Awards won't boo a video screen with as much gusto as they will real live people.

LMAO :lol: You are correct but political pundits don't see it that way.

I was listening to Hannity and he made it seem like the entire MTV crowd was cheering the Bush daughters and booing the Kerry daughters.