2004 Sox Least Valuble Player

CubsSuck1

Who has hurt the Sox' chances of winning the most this season?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who has hurt the Sox' chances of winning the most this season?

• Thomas
    • Ordonez
    • Loaiza
    • Koch
    • Crede
    • Garland
    • Harris
    • Uribe
    • Valentin
    • Other

Thomas and Ordonez are on thie list because you could argue their individual injuries have hurt the team the most, but if you are considering individual performance only, the others are on the list.

Also consider who did NOT live up to expectations, which was why I did not include any of the 5th starters, even though you ould make a case for Wright.

Billy Koch for sure. he cost us two games on that west coat road trip that could have given the team some confidence to go on and just become damn consistant. the only time the White Sox were consistant was the games before that first west coast road trip. Not getting the split in Oakland sucked considering we could have won both games

No Jackson?

I didn't include Jackson because the expectations on him wern't as high as others who didn't play well, which is also why I didn't include players like Borchard. Even though Joe shouldn't be batting under .200, he wasn't going to be key to the teams sucess, like Jackson.

I didn't include Jackson because the expectations on him wern't as high as others who didn't play well, which is also why I didn't include players like Borchard. Even though Joe shouldn't be batting under .200, he wasn't going to be key to the teams sucess, like Jackson.

That defeats the purpose. If a guy sucks a guy sucks.

There is a lot of least valuable to go around.

If we are saying reason for the season being over -- Maggs and/or Thomas take your pick.

Guys we needed to come up big and failed? Shoe and/or Garland

Botch was gone early enough.

This was a total team effort collopse, not one individual... Here's the things that I believe led to this teams overall suck-i-ness.

-THomas and Ordonez injuries. Can't control injuries. Better depth would've been nice, but that's what happens when you don't have a lot of money to work with.

-Jon Garland not sacking up down the stretch. He's been mediocre down the stretch, but lately he's sucked.

-Lack of clutch pitching from our bullpen. Whether it be the dissappointment we've seen from Marte a lot of times, Politte choking, or the constand crappy pitching we saw from Jackson and Koch. I've been, for the most part, pleased with Cotts, Adkins, and Shingo.

-Dissappointment from Crede at third. We were expecting Crede to step up and hit .270 or do (at least I was). He's been brutal this year.

Thoughts?

I'm gonna throw a changeup and say Willie Harris. Willie was the catalyst of our lineup and was hitting over .300 and playing solid defense. Then I went on vacation to Cali for 2 weeks. I came back and he was barely hitting .260. I couldn't believe my eyes. As New Found Glory's song goes, "Its all down hill from here". I just didn't know it at the time.

That defeats the purpose. If a guy sucks a guy sucks.

Are you telling me that we couldn't have been successful at all this season with Jackson on the roster? Jackson was on team team April and May and we did pretty well then. :huh

Maybe I should have been more specific with the topic, but if you take 'least valuble' word for word, then my list would have included Borchard Munoz Grilli and Wright because they had less valure to the team than Mike Jackson. I was trying to get to who underperformed this season unexpectedly, which in turn cause the downfall of the team.

That's fair enough, but if you are going to take least valuable player from the guys that have been with the team most of the year it has to be Mike Jackson or Koch considering he was so bad we got rid of him. They had no value on this team.

The unnamed 5th starter is another possibility for combined LVP.

Also Damaso Marte is up there for most disappointing year because he has set such high standards.

My vote went to Joe Crede because he had the 3rd base job coming into this season already he flat out could not cut the mustard.

Yeah, but he has been awesome in the clutch. With RISP he has an awesome 1.023 OPS. That's far from least valuable, that's top ten in the AL.

yes that is true, but we haven't had a lot of clutch moments lately, I do remember him having one of the highest RISP ave. last year.

Billy Koch. To me, that's a lock. He cost us some big games early that could have set the momentum for a nice long run. The blown saves in Oakland allow the poor west coast bug to continue, even though the team played well enough to bury it. Now that is still something that remains to be dealt with as opposed to having buried it this year.