My fantasy football team

You are saying that a 2nd tier RB like Deuce or Edge is going to out produce a 3rd tier RB by that much? Randy Moss is head and shoulders above every other WR you can name. The only way to beat Moss is to be able to grab both Harrison and another stud such as Owens or Ward. Unfortunately there is not another WR that is as consistent as Moss is year after year that you can count on like you can count on him.

I have a lot of fantasy knowledge as I have been playing for 12 years now and have been in many different types of leagues. I am also in charge of a fantasy website and teach people about tiering, something you obviously know nothing about.

As for saying that I depend too much on other players around the player that I am picking, you are damn right I do. He may produce god numbers without good players around him. However, he will not produce GREAT numbers without good players around him. Walter and Barry Sanders always had an above average line. Barry Sanders had a couple of years when he was in one of the best offenses in the league.

Good luck to you this season. I would much rather have a stud WR such as Moss than an average back. After Preist, Portis, Green, Alexander, and Tomlinson are gone it is time to grab Moss. That is a fact. He is in a league of his own and uncomparable to any other player.

Actually, I do understand the idea of tiering, I just thing you are putting the break point for RB's too high. Lewis is clearly a top level back, although the drug trial problem hurts. Deuce should really be in this group also. No, I wouldn't take the Edge or Taylor over Moss, I normally took him 8th, which changed to 7 when it was known that Lewis' trial would take place during the season. Lewis and Westbrook are far from average backs, guys like Rudi Johnson or Dommanick or Stephen Davis are average backs, clearly the top 5 receivers can outproduce these type of guys, but it is a toss up when you get to that Duece, Lewis, Taylor range, Moss will need to duplicate last year to outscore them this year(still might not beat Deuce or Lewis, I don't think Taylor is sturdy enough or will get enough TD's to be elite). I'm also not a fan of using it for QB's since I only need 1 QB but I need two RB's, that means there aren't enough to go around and the good ones are usually gone pretty early. I greatly prefer taking my QB in rounds 3 or 4, I find I can get a top 5 passer down there which allows me to do more elsewhere.

Moss had a great year last year, but I highly doubt that he will outscore every other receiver THAT bad again. This was the first year he had more than 1450 yards, and that's a major jump. Also, his TD numbers for his career are 17, 11, 15, 10, 7, and 17. That is some major change from year to year, which drastically affects his fantasy value. This is the only year that Moss has totally smoked every other WR, in those previous 17 and 15 years he didn't get enough yards to lap the field. I certainly wouldn't expect 17 TD's again, somewhere between 10 and 14 is much more realistic. That ridiculous number of TD's is the only thing seperating him from Holt, who actually outgained him yardswise. I fully expect Holt, Harrison, or Owens to be somewhat close in production. Yes, he is clearly the best receiver, but he is also far from consistent enough to take ahead of a RB that put up 2100 yards last season and 1700 yards and 16 TD's the year before. You also don't HAVE to have two stud receivers to beat Moss, one stud runningback does it, or having a solid all around team can do it.

I beat a lot of these points to death in the other thread, so this is all you'll see in this thread.

12 teams, i had 1st pick :headbang

Tomlinson

McNair

Terrell Owens

Burress

Crumpler

Stallworth

Joey Harrington

Longwell

Seattle DEF

McGahee

Brandon Lloyd

Bubba Franks

Roy Williams

Julius Jones

Antonio Bryant

McNair has always been worthless in my eyes.