Jaime Burke

jeremyb

So I am waiting for him to come down to earth and all he is doing is putting together quality at bats (even outs hit hard) after quality at bats and playing very good defense. Languishing on the bench 5 days a week doesn't seem to phase him, either.

My head says he was terrible in AAA. My heart says that Burke dude iz ah'it.

He'll be a good backup catcher for next season, and can play some third base and right field if we need him to. Been one of the pleasent suprises if there any for this season.

Not sure about 3B (he does have good arm, footwork, fairly quick reflexes and anticipation skillz), but no way do I want to see him play RF. I've seen enough of Daubach, Gload, Everett and Rios to last me a lifetime. :o

Not sure about 3B (he does have good arm, footwork, fairly quick reflexes and anticipation skillz), but no way do I want to see him play RF. I've seen enough of Daubach, Gload, Everett and Rios to last me a lifetime. :o

No way would he be starting at those postions of course, but it's always handy to have a backup to play multiple positions if needed. If Perez and Borch aren't on the team next year, we could use 3 catchers again like we have at some points this season, maybe possibly Ryan Hankins?

One other thing I like about Jamie is that he's got "Balls". Didn't flinch when Torri Hunter ran into him, and a few days ago someone else did the same thing, and Burke did the same thing again. He seems to be well liked among his teammates which is always a good thing (e.g D'Angelo Jimenez). :lol:

The above from Mike Lupica.

I wonder where the Sox would be if someone had got into Torii Hunter's face.

Your right... They shoulda done something, Hunter could have easily scored on that without running through Burke, but insted he chose to run him over..

They should done something, but they didnt, which is weak