Little Girls and Kittys

Texsox

From Indy

An 11-year-old Indianapolis girl faces legal trouble after witnesses told Indianapolis police she intentionally mistreated a kitten Saturday night by swinging it in the air with a cord tied around its neck.

The girl was arrested on a Class A misdemeanor charge of torturing or killing a vertebrate animal. Animal Care and Control officials said in a report that the animal had to be euthanized because of injuries to its neck and its poor health.

The incident happened in the 2300 block of North Moreland Avenue around 6:30 p.m. An Indianapolis police officer who arrived to investigate also reported seeing the girl slam the kitten onto a wagon and heard the kitten cry out, according to a report.

She must have such a wonderful homelife with caring, kind parents.

It doesnt matter what kind of person you are treating an animal like that is complete bulls***, and she should get everything that comes along with that..

Just because you dont like cats you seriously dont care that she tied a rope around its neck and was swinging it around and slamming it into things?

I love animals, and nothing pisses me off more to see something like this.. That is just sick

It doesnt matter what kind of person you are treating an animal like that is complete bulls***, and she should get everything that comes along with that..

Just because you dont like cats you seriously dont care that she tied a rope around its neck and was swinging it around and slamming it into things?

I love animals, and nothing pisses me off more to see something like this.. That is just sick

Ditto.

Maybe she should have a rope tied around her neck and get slammed into the corner of a building. Maybe her injuries would be so severe that she'd have to be euthanized as well. It'd be nasty but it'd be justice.

How does an 11 year old come to be swinging kittens from a rope? Was she born with this cruelty or is she the product of her environment? Do you think she saw daddy doing that?

I think there needs to be a very good investigation of that family. I'll bet there are other issues there.

Maybe she should have a rope tied around her neck and get slammed into the corner of a building.  Maybe her injuries would be so severe that she'd have to be euthanized as well.  It'd be nasty but it'd be justice.

what exactly does euthanized mean? Ive never heard it

This story sort of hits home for me. About a month ago when I had relatives visiting, this same sort of thing happened at my house. My cousin is 5, but very smart for her age. She was always terrorizing our kitten. The kitten was almost 2 months old, and our cat was its mother, so we had cared for it since birth. We told the girl over and over, about every 10 minutes, to stop playing with the kitten. She refused to listen to us and the next day we found her carrying it around with a rope she had tied around its neck. I ran to get scissors and had to cut the ribbon off of the kittens neck. She was trying to gasp for air as I cut the ribbon. I was scared to death and we almost lost the one kitten that we had kept from the litter. The sad thing is my aunt didn't even yell or punish my cousin. We just told them to get out of our house and haven't talked to them since. Maybe I should e-mail this link to my aunt? Maybe that will make her realize her ignorance for not punishing or yelling at her.

Other things she did to the cat were hiding her in the freezer, hiding her in the dresser drawer, and picking it up by her paws. We tried to put the cat in the basement or hide it from her, but she kept finding it and disobeying her parents, cousins, and aunt/uncle. :headshake

Friends of mine owned an apple orchard up in Lake County and had a bunch of cats. The cats loved to climb into the dryer and take advantage of the warmth. One day she dried a load of clothes and 4 cats died. Very, very sad. I remember her sitting at my house for hours with big tears.

This story sort of hits home for me. About a month ago when I had relatives visiting, this same sort of thing happened at my house. My cousin is 5, but very smart for her age. She was always terrorizing our kitten. The kitten was almost 2 months old, and our cat was its mother, so we had cared for it since birth. We told the girl over and over, about every 10 minutes, to stop playing with the kitten. She refused to listen to us and the next day we found her carrying it around with a rope she had tied around its neck. I ran to get scissors and had to cut the ribbon off of the kittens neck. She was trying to gasp for air as I cut the ribbon. I was scared to death and we almost lost the one kitten that we had kept from the litter. The sad thing is my aunt didn't even yell or punish my cousin. We just told them to get out of our house and haven't talked to them since. Maybe I should e-mail this link to my aunt? Maybe that will make her realize her ignorance for not punishing or yelling at her.

Other things she did to the cat were hiding her in the freezer, hiding her in the dresser drawer, and picking it up by her paws. We tried to put the cat in the basement or hide it from her, but she kept finding it and disobeying her parents, cousins, and aunt/uncle. :headshake

I would have slapped your cousin upside the head.

Oh, I really wanted to. I just grabbed the cat from her and kinda pushed her out of the way when I went to get scissors.

"Accident" her into a wooden dresser. That's what I did when my cousin was f***ing around and basically just punching me (hooray for like an 11 year old). Pushed his head right into the f***ing dresser. He never laid a hand on me again.