Flip-Flopping?

jasonxctf

Does this constitute flip-flopping?? ;)

Bush to Veterans: 'We Will Win' Terror War

10 minutes ago Add Top Stories - AP to My Yahoo!

By JENNIFER LOVEN, Associated Press Writer

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - President Bush (news - web sites) said Tuesday "we will win" the war on terror, seeking to quell controversy and Democratic criticism over his earlier remark that victory may not be possible.

In a speech to the national convention of the American Legion, Bush said, "We meet today in a time of war for our country, a war we did not start yet one that we will win.

That statement differed from Bush's earlier comment, aired Monday in a pre-taped television interview, that "I don't think you can win" the war on terror. That had Democrats running for the cameras to criticize Bush for being defeatist and flip-flopping from previous predictions of victory

"Flip flopping" to me is a sign of intelligence, not indecisiveness. For example, say that you believed that stem-cell research is bad. Then, after doing more research, and learning more about it, you change your mind.

IMO...Intelligent people change their minds after seeing/researching ALL sides of an issue; stupid people never change their minds!

"Flip flopping" to me is a sign of intelligence, not indecisiveness. For example, say that you believed that stem-cell research is bad. Then, after doing more research, and learning more about it, you change your mind.

Changing your opinion is fine if it's because there is new information, but not if you're pandering for votes (ie Bush on gay marriage, Kerry being for=>against=>for the war)

Does this constitute flip-flopping??    ;)

Bush to Veterans: 'We Will Win' Terror War

10 minutes ago  Add Top Stories - AP to My Yahoo!

By JENNIFER LOVEN, Associated Press Writer

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - President Bush (news - web sites) said Tuesday "we will win" the war on terror, seeking to quell controversy and Democratic criticism over his earlier remark that victory may not be possible.

In a speech to the national convention of the American Legion, Bush said, "We meet today in a time of war for our country, a war we did not start yet one that we will win.

That statement differed from Bush's earlier comment, aired Monday in a pre-taped television interview, that "I don't think you can win" the war on terror. That had Democrats running for the cameras to criticize Bush for being defeatist and flip-flopping from previous predictions of victory

I think he mis-spoke when he said that but it doesn't really matter does it?

Here's the full quote

"I don't think you can win it. But I think you can create conditions so that the . . . those who use terror as a tool are . . . less acceptable in parts of the world."

Gee, that sounds like something very "sensitive." If Kerry had said this, how do you think the Bush camp would have reacted?

The context of it was "I don't think you can win it" followed by but you can make it a less desirable option to use terrorism and make it less acceptable in the world.  He didn't misspeak (for once)

Thank you apu! :headbang

BTW, I love your sig!

I don't think you can win the war on terrorism because, as has been said before, you're never going to reach the point of "We got them all. Everybody loves us again."

The only way we can achieve a real 100% means to end the threat of "terrorism" through militarism is what could only be described as a genocide.

I'm personally of the mind that using money to create better schools/infrastructure in countries like Pakistan etc. in order to undermine the iron fist hold the madrassas have could be a better solution than MOABs. But f***, it's hard enough convincing most of the public we have to raise taxes to better our own schools let alone doing it for people in another f***ing country.

I don't think you can win the war on terrorism because, as has been said before, you're never going to reach the point of "We got them all.  Everybody loves us again."

The only way we can achieve a real 100% means to end the threat of "terrorism" through militarism is what could only be described as a genocide.

I'm personally of the mind that using money to create better schools/infrastructure in countries like Pakistan etc. in order to undermine the iron fist hold the madrassas have could be a better solution than MOABs.  But f***, it's hard enough convincing most of the public we have to raise taxes to better our own schools let alone doing it for people in another f***ing country.

Exactly. And I'm sure that the money spent on schools elsewhere would not be anywhere near what we spen here and we still have dropouts and street gangs.

I understood what he said....I think most intelligent people without an agenda understood it too.

He was simply stating we won't have a time when we say "ok the war on terror is over...we won" It is an ongoing battle and we will continue to win it every day. I'm glad that he doesn't think it is just going to end with a "we won". I'm glad he feels we will need to be on alert and ready from here on out.

"I don't think you can win it" doesn't mean we are going to lose...it means there isn't a definitive end to something like the war on terror.

Of course the left twist it as if the president is really saying that the US is weak and can't win the war. Yeah, cause that makes a lot of sense.

In fact it is so ludicrous...I think it hurst the dems to even say it. The majority of independents out there aren't stupid. They know if the dems push this then they're either pusing bulls*** and hyperbole or they're too dumb to understand what the president meant. Neither helps them out.

I understood what he said....I think most intelligent people without an agenda understood it too. 

He was simply stating we won't have a time when we say "ok the war on terror is over...we won"  It is an ongoing battle and we will continue to win it every day.  I'm glad that he doesn't think it is just going to end with a "we won".  I'm glad he feels we will need to be on alert and ready from here on out. 

"I don't think you can win it"  doesn't mean we are going to lose...it means there isn't a definitive end to something like the war on terror.

Of course the left twist it as if the president is really saying that the US is weak and can't win the war.  Yeah, cause that makes a lot of sense.

In fact it is so ludicrous...I think it hurst the dems to even say it.  The majority of independents out there aren't stupid.  They know if the dems push this then they're either pusing bulls*** and hyperbole or they're too dumb to understand what the president meant.  Neither helps them out.

It shows the lack of planning and preperation this President puts in. If I'm been dissappointed by anything it is that he didn't drop his shoot from the hip style that catagorized his management in Texas.

It shows the lack of planning and preperation this President puts in. If I'm been dissappointed by anything it is that he didn't drop his shoot from the hip style  that catagorized his management in Texas.

And got him elected twice? Why would he want to drop that?

IMO...Intelligent people change their minds after seeing/researching ALL sides of an issue; stupid people never change their minds!

I guess GWB is a genious then :P

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ampaign_bush_dc