US History Teacher Owned Us

Wise Master Buehrle

So today at class, the teacher runs in like somethign big is happening. He goes, "Bush is trying to pass a new law!!!"

The details of the law were "You can't print, utter, publish, blah, anything that could make the government, President of the US, and Congress that could make them look bad and lower their popularity."

Also.

"You cannot hold meetings, conventions, or speak out in large numbers or small numbers against the President, blah blah blah"

Us being the stupid Juniors that we are completely fell for it. He gave us a copy of the act "trying" to be passed so we could read it all. After some discussion and some bad bad remarks about George Bush, he said, "Wait, why doesn't your guys copies have a Section 4?"

We look at him, like "uhhhhh."

Then he goes, "Okay I'll just tell you about it, it says it will start in 1798 and end 3 or 4 years after that time period."

Class starts laughing at each other for being so stupid and angry.

It was just a temporary act, the "Alien Sedition (i think) Act" passed by Adams so the Democratic Republicans would stop talking s*** about the Federalists. And who says you don't learn anything in school? :headbang :huh

My daughter's Texas History teacher started class last year by telling the students that the administration complained about the noise coming from their classroom and that one student was going to be suspended for two days. This is a Gifted and Talented class with all high achievers who being suspended was a major scare.

Since he didn't know who was the problem they were going to pick cards to determine who was going to be punished. The poor girl who ultimately was selected was in tears crying when he explained this was to teach them about a key event in Texas History the Black Bean Epsiode. Good thing the loser was his daughter.

After the prisoners were captured, word was sent from Mexico City to execute them all. Not wanting to provoke another war, it was decided to kill every 10th prisoner. This was arranged by conducting a lottery of white and black beans. Although this is referred to as the "Infamous Black Bean Episode", we find it pretty democratic, although they had the officers draw their beans first which wouldn't sit well with today's military.

In high school, my government teacher gave out a big quiz that we had to take and said it was gonna be worth a whole lot of points. The thing was f***ing impossible. So we're all scared s***less because we all failed it and it's worth a whole lot of points.

He lets us stew 2 days and then tells us that it was just a reprint of some old voting tests that the deep South used to use to discriminate and not allow minorities the vote.

Yeah one of my teachers in high school gave us exams on us history, then said a few kids would not be allowed to take the class, they were really strict during the class, and this is the first day so everyone besides me is pissing their pants. So after the test the teachers say, this is what an imagrant would have felt like at elis island.

Sounds similar to my teacher. We call him  G money  :lol:

I had a chemistry teacher last year named Grdinic. As hard as that may seem to prounouce it's not that bad. Anyway, we called him G for the most part. This one kid called him G Unit though, that was funny.

In high school, my government teacher gave out a big quiz that we had to take and said it was gonna be worth a whole lot of points.  The thing was f***ing impossible.  So we're all scared s***less because we all failed it and it's worth a whole lot of points.

He lets us stew 2 days and then tells us that it was just a reprint of some old voting tests that the deep South used to use to discriminate and not allow minorities the vote.

I'd imagine he recieved tons of angry phone calls from parents. :lol:

I had a great US History teacher in high school. One of the things she did was split the class up into groups of 4 and had each group represent a "fictional" country. Each country had it's strengths, weakness, alliances, geography, etc. What it ecevtually turned out to be was a recreated representation of the world at the time just prior to WWI and we had to try and prevent the war from breaking out. Needless to say, we were unsuccessful, but I always have suspected that she sabotaged the exercize because we were so very close to succeeding.

I also had a good one in college. But one day he tried to tell the class that (this was back in the 80's) England would soon lose Gibraltar, and the straits, to Spain. I questioned him on it as to why he thought that would happen. He said something to the effect that England no longer had the ability nor the resolve to defend Gibraltar if Spain chose to take it over. I pointed out two things to him. First, Gibraltar is one of the world's most important "gates" as it's where the Mediterranian meets the Atlantic and is therefore a very valuable holding. So, I got him to admit that England might have the resolve, based on that. Then I pointed out the England had just recently defended a group of meaningless islands (The Faulklands) 5000 miles from their shore and that showed me they had the ability to defend the very much closer and more important Straits of Gilbratar. Hook, line, sinker. He was not a happy camper.

I also had a good one in college.  But one day he tried to tell the class that (this was back in the 80's) England  would soon lose Gibraltar, and the straits, to Spain.  I questioned him on it as to why he thought that would happen.  He said something to the effect that England no longer had the ability nor the resolve to defend Gibraltar if Spain chose to take it over.  I pointed out two things to him.  First, Gibraltar is one of the world's most important "gates" as it's where the Mediterranian meets the Atlantic and is therefore a very valuable holding.  So, I got him to admit that England might have the resolve, based on that.  Then I pointed out the England had just recently defended a group of meaningless islands (The Faulklands) 5000 miles from their shore and  that showed me  they had the ability to defend the very much closer and more important Straits of Gilbratar.  Hook, line, sinker.  He was not a happy camper.

Thats the way to be, call the teacher out on his bs theory.

Thats the way to be, call the teacher out on his bs theory.

I would always call a teacher out if I thought they were spewing crap. So many people accepted what they said as gospel. Not me. If they talk it, they better be able to able to back it up.

several things comes to mind when i was in school. first all the teachers and i mean all the teachers gave me and my friends a pass if we promise not to show up for class. that is the honest truth, but i attended some of my classes.

the other thing that i remember was my history teacher, gave us all the 1950 recipe of what a women need to know on how to be a good housewife.

Haha, this year fro US History, I am randomly having the same teacher as last year, which was a pretty small chance because there are a lot of US History teachers. Well, the interesting thing about this guy is that he was on a Jewish Dating website called jdate.com, and just about everybody on the class knew about it through word of mouth or by AIM. He said once in class that he had a girlfriend but she was only spoken of once. He is also seen popping up on the internet sometimes, becuase he has some type of fiddle thing and there are pictures of him playing it, or sometimes he puts on concerts. he is an avid 'stargazer' as well, so he's listed on a bunch of telescope trading sites with his address and phone number. Phone number doesn't work, and we have not tried the address, but some time we were going to send him a letter. lol, but the jdate.com thing is killer. :lol: :lolhitting

I never did enjoy history that much to be quite frank, although the topics we were taught weren't very stimulating at all. But I had the same history teacher for my International Studies Class and I enjoyed that a lot more, writing a paper on Colombian Drug Lords and getting to watch Clear and Present Danger. :lol: :headbang

Haha, this year fro US History, I am randomly having the same teacher as last year, which was a pretty small chance because there are a lot of US History teachers. Well, the interesting thing about this guy is that he was on a Jewish Dating website called jdate.com, and just about everybody on the class knew about it through word of mouth or by AIM. He said once in class that he had a girlfriend but she was only spoken of once. He is also seen popping up on the internet sometimes, becuase he has some type of fiddle thing and there are pictures of him playing it, or sometimes he puts on concerts. he is an avid 'stargazer' as well, so he's listed on a bunch of telescope trading sites with his address and phone number. Phone number doesn't work, and we have not tried the address, but some time we were going to send him a letter. lol, but the jdate.com thing is killer.  :lol:  :lolhitting

:lol: Guess who I find out is also in this class....

In high school, my government teacher gave out a big quiz that we had to take and said it was gonna be worth a whole lot of points.  The thing was f***ing impossible.  So we're all scared s***less because we all failed it and it's worth a whole lot of points.

I had that happen. I actually scored decently high, but it was still s***ty in comparison. That was a freaking hardass test.