Serena Williams US Open WTF?

Texsox

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea that's probably the worst statement I've ever seen Tony say since I've been here, and as a guest. Just plain stupid whether he meant it or not. ;)

I think what he said can be mis-interpreted very easily.

What many would see in that is that he is being racist towards Serena Williams and black people, saying that they are like apes.

How I understood it was that he called Serena Williams an ape due to her muscular physique, and said he really does not think she is hot.

Unless you are referring to the latter and still feel the same way. If that's the case, there's nothing I can say to defend Tony.

Trust me, Im far from being a racist. The statment was just taken the wrong way.

And the bad thing with how it was worded was that it could be taken the wrong way very easily.

Your opinion is just that...and you meant no harm. No harm, no foul, right?

Though, I do prefer a little bit of meat on my ladies. Oh yeah! :headbang :headbang :headbang :lol:

Thank you Wite. I wasnt going to say anything, because I just wanted the thread to kinda die, but what I quoted from you was what I was trying to say. 

It was a bone head thing to say, just based on any way people could take it as Blacks being Apes, Gorillas, ect...

I was just trying to say that she is WAY to big for my taste, and with the muscles, she lookes "apesh"

Trust me, Im far from being a racist. The statment was just taken the wrong way.

as far as i am concerned, it is over until you prove that either you are or aren't a racist.

i just thought that comment was stupid and said so. it is over and done with until i see something different.

peace