Illinois Senate Election

Butter Parque

If the Election were today, who would you vote for?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. If the Election were today, who would you vote for?

• Alan Keyes (Republican)
    • Barack Obama (Democrat)

Some compare Alan Keyes to Hillary Clinton. The difference being is that Hillary Clinton is a do-nothing, sweet-talking, avoid tought questioning fool. Alan Keyes is actually intelligent with strong political beliefs. i don't agree with his slave reparations opinion though. I believe that no one should get slave reparations or deductions on their income taxes for something that never happened to them.

Some compare Alan Keyes to Hillary Clinton. The difference being is that Hillary Clinton is a do-nothing, sweet-talking, avoid tought questioning fool. Alan Keyes is actually intelligent with strong political beliefs. i don't agree with his slave reparations opinion though. I believe that no one should get slave reparations or deductions on their income taxes for something that never happened to them.

yeah...he's also f-ing insane. but he really is pretty inteligent

Alan Keyes is an absolute lunatic.

As for the comparisons to Hillary, comes from this March 2000 gem ''I deeply resent the destruction of federalism represented by Hillary Clinton’s willingness to go into a state she doesn’t even live in and pretend to represent people there, so I certainly wouldn’t imitate it.''

And he wants to run on the idea of moral character?

I am one of the biggest Republicans around here but I can't bring myself to vote for Alan Keyes. He's a nutjob from Maryland who parachuted into the state to run for Senator. Keyes and his blowups reminds me of that South Park episode with the "Passion of Christ" in it where Mel Gibson acts like a total whack job.

I will abstain in the Illinois Senate race.

I view the Senate in a different light than congress and look more to the person's intellect and character than their politics. The Senate should be the one area we debate high ideals. There is a difference between the House and Senate. Most of the Republicans I have voted for have been Senate candidates.

The difference between Hillary dropping into NY and Keyes is the Clintons needed to move out of their present house and find new dwellings. Of course politics playes a roll.

I will probably not vote in the Illinois race.

Obama has a pretty far left voting record. It hasn't been reported much and if you go by what ya see on tv, he appears pretty moderate. I will not vote for someone as liberal as him. I will also not vote for someone as radical as Keyes just cause I am right of center.

Illinois...thanks, but no thanks!