2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good rule of thumb for college football, if you are playing a school with A&M in the name, expect a blowout.

Texas A&M is bad.

Florida A&M is worse.

see...that rule would apply to most teams....but not illinois

I expected a win, but not a blowout.

No, danman, I never get tired of being right. :D

Are you seriously going to take credit for that? Wow...that's bad. LSU did not win that game. Oregon State lost it. And if LSU is anywhere near the top 10 in the upcoming polls it's a joke.

52-13 b****es!

will be a slight confidence boost.

Meh. Start talking when they actually play and beat a Division 1-A team again.

As a side note, can anyone kick anymore? Huffman misses 5 field goals for NU, Rutgers' kicker missed his first two, Michigan missed two extra points, and OSU's guy missed 3 extra points. What the hell is up with that?

Minnesota just crushed Toledo

Next week they play ISU ---

Minnesota > Illinois > ISU

I can only imagine what the score is going to be next week.

Hey, we almost beat u of i last year :)

Plus we got a really good middle linebacker named boomer grigsby.

And if the game would of been decided on coaches first names, Denver is way cooler than Ron :bang

Go ISU

A&M was a brutal squad, but even so, the offense for Illinois looked real good. Can't really judge the defense in that game. Next week's game against UCLA should be a real good game.

I expected a blowout and got it. If we won the game by 10 pts i'd be super worried about winning another game.

A&M was a brutal squad, but even so, the offense for Illinois looked real good.  Can't really judge the defense in that game. Next week's game against UCLA should be a real good game.

I expected a blowout and got it. If we won the game by 10 pts i'd be super worried about winning another game.

at least their band was entertaining :lol:

Hey, we almost beat u of i last year :)

Plus we got a really good middle linebacker named boomer grigsby.

And if the game would of been decided on coaches first names, Denver is way cooler than Ron :bang

Go ISU

:lol:

It's weird not being on campus anymore, not hearing the fireworks go off each time ISU scored. But then again, I wouldn't EVER go back to college. There's just something about the word "alumni" that has a pretty ring...

I heard that ISU beat St. Xavier this past Thursday in blow-out fashion, but I'm not expecting them to do anything against the Gophers, even with Boomer Grigsby, who WILL make the NFL somewhere next year.

Oh well...My following of this team will be very minimal from now on, however, as I don't have the same passion for the Redbirds as I did during my days as a student as ISU. I guess it's kinda like my following for the Bolingbrook Raiders drastically dropped after graduating from high school.

NFL > any college football game

LSU is gonna be fine. They have extremely talented players, although they are extremely young. If a team is going to get LSU, it will have to be early on in the season while the young guys are making the mistakes. When Russell, Doucet, Carter, and Justin Vincent get more playing time under their belt, they are gonna be deadly to face.

I'm not supposed to like Purdue football, but Bernard Pollard, a guy I went to HS with is too much of a hustler to not like him.  Purdue won 51-0, and BP had 2 sacks and an INT.

Pollard is taking over where Stu left off... fan favorite, hard-nosed bad ass.

Great win on national TV today!

The people ('Cuse fans) in the box next to us today were talking about how Reyes was going to run all over the place, that definitely didn't happen. Their O-line looked horrible and you could tell they had a freshman QB at the reigns.

Pollard is taking over where Stu left off... fan favorite, hard-nosed bad ass.

Great win on national TV today!

The people ('Cuse fans) in the box next to us today were talking about how Reyes was going to run all over the place, that definitely didn't happen.  Their O-line looked horrible and you could tell they had a freshman QB at the reigns.

There's no doubt in my mind he's going to go pro. It'll be kind of cool if he does; I have his autograph in my junior year, yearbook! :lol: