2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Irish Defense is ridiculously awesome today

Michigan is a punk team that quits if you can play 'em close...

See Ohio State/Iowa the last two years -- Michgan folds like a cheap tent if they can't put you away early... The only game in recent memory that I can remember them showing any fight was the Minnesot game last season.

God, this isn't my week for picks(would be doing better without the spread but still not good). ND is winning, Southern Miss won, Wisconsin didn't cover(should have changed it when Davis went out but didn't), OSU isn't going to cover and might not win, Georgia is already down 19, and for some reason I took UNC to cover. Probably going to get smoked in Soxtalk pickem. Just glad I'm not betting anything.

God, this isn't my week for picks(would be doing better without the spread but still not good). ND is winning, Southern Miss won, Wisconsin didn't cover(should have changed it when Davis went out but didn't), OSU isn't going to cover and might not win, Georgia is already down 19. Probably going to get smoked in Soxtalk pickem. Just glad I'm not betting anything.

Same here.

I am doing terrible.

I had 20 confidence on K State.

Whoa s***, I have 22 on Georgia.

As a ND fan who follows the Big 10, I think Purdue is the team to beat. Granted, they have beat two bad teams(Syracuse isn't that bad), but they have done it in dominating fashion, and the young D(which was suppose to be a weakness), has been very good. I really think that Orton is the best QB in the college game. Some of the throws that he has made are throws that half the NFL QB's can't make. There have been a couple of 30-40+ yard throws in which he puts it right over the receivers shoulder, right in his hands, and were the corner has no shot. Its about time that Joe Tiller got some credit as well. This guy has taken Purdue to a bowl game each year he has been there. Moreover, he does it with hardnose, hardworking players. You won't see Purdue among the top 10 in regards to recruiting classes, but they always contend, and I think that Tiller should get credit for that. Illinois better come to play, or it could be 3 blowout wins in a row.

Michigan - Has looked very average. They were very bad against Miami(OH), and are getting beat by an average ND team as we speak. There D has looked suspect against a poor ND offense. They don't have a good running game(I realize that Underwood is out). Based on the 1st 2 games, Michigan looks very flawed.

Ohio State - They are like New England, they don't win pretty, but they always seem to find a way to win. They have looked a little suspect, and Marshall is currently giving them a good game.

Wisconsin - If Davis can ever stay healthy, than they have a shot with the talented defense that they have. Without Daivs though, this team will probably be a middle of the pack team.

Iowa - They are like Ohio State, but to a lesser extent. They have just not impressed me much, and had to squeeze out a victory today at home. They have a good defense, but the offense has some holes.

Minnesota - Has looked impressive so far, and they deserve some respect. That power running game they have is hard to stop. There are a few question marks on defense, but Minnesota is for real.

Finally, I have to praise my Irish. I realize that Michigan isn't as good as usual, but ND has looked like the better team today. I love the way that this RB Walker looks. He looks like a legit feature back, and you have to wonder how he would have affected the BYU game last week if he would have played. Quinn still looks a little off, but the Irish have a very good receiving core that just needs a chance to make plays. The Irish defense looks like the strength of the team and are playing well for a 2nd week in a row. They actually look like a top teir program(in this game) with a balanced attack. I think that BYU is better than people give them credit for, especially at home with that unusual defense. Lets hope that ND hold on for the win.

PS Where are all those guys that were saying that ND had no chance?

As a ND fan who follows the Big 10, I think Purdue is the team to beat. Granted, they have beat two bad teams(Syracuse isn't that bad), but they have done it in dominating fashion, and the young D(which was suppose to be a weakness), has been very good. I really think that Orton is the best QB in the college game. Some of the throws that he has made are throws that half the NFL QB's can't make. There have been a couple of 30-40+ yard throws in which he puts it right over the receivers shoulder, right in his hands, and were the corner has no shot. Its about time that Joe Tiller got some credit as well. This guy has taken Purdue to a bowl game each year he has been there. Moreover, he does it with hardnose, hardworking players. You won't see Purdue among the top 10 in regards to recruiting classes, but they always contend, and I think that Tiller should get credit for that. Illinois better come to play, or it could be 3 blowout wins in a row.

Michigan - Has looked very average. They were very bad against Miami(OH), and are getting beat by an average ND team as we speak. There D has looked suspect against a poor ND offense. They don't have a good running game(I realize that Underwood is out). Based on the 1st 2 games, Michigan looks very flawed.

Ohio State - They are like New England, they don't win pretty, but they always seem to find a way to win. They have looked a little suspect, and Marshall is currently giving them a good game.

Wisconsin - If Davis can ever stay healthy, than they have a shot with the talented defense that they have. Without Daivs though, this team will probably be a middle of the pack team.

Iowa - They are like Ohio State, but to a lesser extent. They have just not impressed me much, and had to squeeze out a victory today at home. They have a good defense, but the offense has some holes.

Minnesota - Has looked impressive so far, and they deserve some respect. That power running game they have is hard to stop. There are a few question marks on defense, but Minnesota is for real.

Finally, I have to praise my Irish. I realize that Michigan isn't as good as usual, but ND has looked like the better team today. I love the way that this RB Walker looks. He looks like a legit feature back, and you have to wonder how he would have affected the BYU game last week if he would have played. Quinn still looks a little off, but the Irish have a very good receiving core that just needs a chance to make plays. The Irish defense looks like the strength of the team and are playing well for a 2nd week in a row. They actually look like a top teir program(in this game) with a balanced attack. I think that BYU is better than people give them credit for, especially at home with that unusual defense. Lets hope that ND hold on for the win.

PS Where are all those guys that were saying that ND had no chance?

Me :huh