2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purdue showed their true colors today.  Orton is no Heisman candidate, and never should've been.  We play our first game against a ranked team, and we failed miserably.  Congrats to Wisconsin, a much better team.

so many stupid little errors today, they deserved to lose

from penalties, to dropped INTs, to fumbles, this team sucked it hard today

Whisky looks to be in good shape to run the table

some many stupid little errors today, they deserved to lose

from penalties, to dropped INTs, to fumbles, this team sucked it hard today

Whisky looks to be in good shape to run the table

Michigan is AT Purdue next week, tough game, at home vs. Northwestern, AT home vs. MSU, thank God after the way MSU played at home today, and end the season at OSU. Probably at least 1 loss there.

Wisconsin's defense is for real and will probably go to Pasadena.

Love the Buckeyes with 3 losses in Big 10 play.

The #1 1-AA team, Southern Illinois University Salukis, upped their record to 6-1 with a win over Western Kentucky, 38-10.

I'm sure I'm the only one who cares. As soon as Jennifer gets fired, Saluki logo goes in the avatar.

The #1 1-AA team, Southern Illinois University Salukis, upped their record to 6-1 with a win over Western Kentucky, 38-10.

I'm sure I'm the only one who cares. As soon as Jennifer gets fired, Saluki logo goes in the avatar.

Well, i kinda do, my friend from HS is UNI's new starting QB....Eric's a really nice guy...

They will lose their final game of the season to Iowa, blowing their big ten hopes in the process...

I've been saying the same thing for weeks, except about Minnesota.... After today's games, I guess I was just off by one state...

Remember, the tie-breaker for the Rose Bowl if two teams don't play eachother is the team that went more recently loses.

So UW holds the tiebreaker with UM right now.

Wisconsin could easily lose 1 game and still go to the Rose Bowl as long as UM doesn't run the table.

FSU took care of business, 36-3 at home against UVA.  I knew the Cavs weren't really that good.

That surprised me. I thought UVA was better than that. Their much touted offensive line didn't give any of their backs much space. I figured that Hagan was good for a couple of big plays in the running game too, whenever I watch FSU seems to have trouble with mobile QB's(for the record I don't watch them much). Virginia got no pressure on the QB, I expected blitzing all over the place especially since their secondary is mediocre just about any way you look at it. I wasn't really impressed with their run D either, you'd think that with those linebackers there wouldn't be much room. Virgina was my big sleeper at the beginning of the year. Man, did they let me down. I give tons of credit to FSU's offensive line(which I underestimated a bit) and their run D(also underestimated despite the stats).

As a side note, Ernie Sims is a freak and I'm already dreaming about him joining Urlacher to absolutely own the middle of the field(I know, it is a few years away barring a rule change).

That surprised me. I thought UVA was better than that. Their much touted offensive line didn't give any of their backs much space. I figured that Hagan was good for a couple of big plays in the running game too, whenever I watch FSU seems to have trouble with mobile QB's(for the record I don't watch them much). Virginia got no pressure on the QB, I expected blitzing all over the place especially since their secondary is mediocre just about any way you look at it. I wasn't really impressed with their run D either, you'd think that with those linebackers there wouldn't be much room. Virgina was my big sleeper at the beginning of the year. Man, did they let me down. I give tons of credit to FSU's offensive line(which I underestimated a bit) and their run D(despite the stats).

As a side note, Ernie Sims is a freak and I'm already dreaming about him joining Urlacher to absolutely own the middle of the field(I know it's a few years away, but I like this guy that much).

Oh god yeah, about Sims. He's such a beast, only a sophomore and he controls the field. That one sack where he just flew through the line had me so pumped up.

I was kinda surprised too, about the mobile QB's thing. But they held Haggans down pretty easily. Again though, this team has speed to waste all over. They can track you down. He did roll out and hit Billy Miller like 19 times though, that was getting me angry. Still though, Miller is a solid prospect.

Whatever, the bowl game doesn't matter.

:lol: It's only the culmination of the season. :rolly

It will be interesting to see the Big Ten race shape out. NU will see Wisconsin (I'm hoping they will have a letdown next week), Purdue, and Michigan in the next 4 weeks. They could help decide the Big Ten title in a weird kind of way if they pull an upset. Also, as much as I wanted the NU upset of OSU to look good, I'll enjoy it more if OSU doesn't make a bowl game! :lol:

A bit late, but "boiler up" everyone...sweet fumble, 'heisman winner'

as an illini fan you sure like to talk s*** about football, don't you??? Just remember that Purdue beat both U of I and ND

Side Note: Appartently both teams are filing grievances over the officiating tomorrow. They missed at least 2 holds and 2 hands to the face by Purdue and missed this on UW:

187200.jpg

edit: I'm not using this as an excuse, Purdue deserved to lose, but it'll be interesting what the Big Ten has to say about so many missed penalties

as an illini fan you sure like to talk s*** about football, don't you???  Just remember that Purdue beat both U of I and ND

Side Note:  Appartently both teams are filing grievances over the officiating tomorrow.  They missed at least 2 holds and 2 hands to the face by Purdue and missed this on UW:

187200.jpg

edit:  I'm not using this as an excuse, Purdue deserved to lose, but it'll be interesting what the Big Ten has to say about so many missed penalties

Well i love seeing the overrated Kyle Orton and Purdue go down in flames, and i'm sure not the only one.