2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So?

He said there were people happy to see Purdue lose... and I'm saying the same thing goes for when the Illini lose in the tourney. I know this is the football thread, but there's only so much that can be said about U of I's football team.

I can understand why he's happy Purdue lost... he did have to spend 2 weeks in a row watching Orton tear up his two team's defenses.

...and I'll be the first one to critize the crap that is Purdue's bball team as of late and their coach, so there's no point in going that route.

So? 

He said there were people happy to see Purdue lose... and I'm saying the same thing goes for when the Illini lose in the tourney.  I know this is the football thread, but there's only so much that can be said about U of I's football team.

I can understand why he's happy Purdue lost... he did have to spend 2 weeks in a row watching Orton tear up his two team's defenses.

...and I'll be the first one to critize the crap that is Purdue's bball team as of late and their coach, so there's no point in going that route.

Well said Purdue :notworthy

I feel for you Steve, I am sure it is tough trying to convince the Illini fans that Mich State truly has the better team.

So? 

He said there were people happy to see Purdue lose... and I'm saying the same thing goes for when the Illini lose in the tourney.  I know this is the football thread, but there's only so much that can be said about U of I's football team.

You barely beat Illinois, wouldn't be too proud of that.

I for one have never talked up the Illini to win the national title, but i think a final four berth is a reasonable thing to hope for.

Still glad you overrated Boilers lost.

PS Shuf i don't see how you can say MSU is better than Illinois going into the season.

You barely beat Illinois, wouldn't be too proud of that.

I for one have never talked up the Illini to win the national title, but i think a final four berth is a reasonable thing to hope for.

Still glad you overrated Boilers lost.

PS Shuf i don't see how you can say MSU is better than Illinois going into the season.

Illinois has no great big men.

Davis destroys Augustine, becaue Augustine is always in foul trouble.

Final Weekend...with a chance to play for the Nat'l title... Those hopes will stay in IC.

Normally I might agree with you, but teams don't lose those games. They usually come out pumped in the beginning and ride the roller coaster to victory. I see it every year in the Big Ten. Unless the other team is truely better (which doesn't apply here) the team that needs to win to win the conference or whatever will win.

Edited by danman31

Illinois has no great big men.

Davis destroys Augustine, becaue Augustine is always in foul trouble.

And Illinois is better at every other position than MSU besides Center and if someone wants to try to argue that be my guest. I don't remember anyone on this board thinking Illinois was going to win the title last year, I thought they would get to the Sweet 16 and lose to Duke and thats what they did. I also have said on here before that I thought Wisconsin was the best team in the Big 10 followed by UI and that MSU was a distant third. How that shows I thought they would win the title is beyond me. Yes, this year I do think Illinois has a legit shot at the national title and should be preseason top 5. However, I also feel the same holds true for UNC, Kansas, Wake, GT, and Syracuse. If anything before the season started last year it was MSU fans overrating their team, and I especially loved them saying their backcourt was better than Illinois.

Normally I might agree with you, but teams don't lose those games. They usually come out pumped in the beginning and ride the roller coaster to victory. I see it every year in the Big Ten. Unless the other team is truely better (which doesn't apply here) the team that needs to win to win the conference or whatever will win.

Just wait.... You heard it here first... ;) It's a huge accomplishment to get through the big 10 undefeated. It's not going to happen this year...

the last 3 years, there has been nobody in the COUNTRY better at stopping the run than Iowa, who matches up extremely well with them... Johny Stocco doesn't have the balls the come into IC and win that game, which is what he's going to need to do, cuz they're not gonna let Davis do it. He's not that good of a QB. Not half the QB that Tate is. There's a reason the Hawks have won as many games in a row at home as they have; It's a tough place to play.