2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=243040084

The victory marked the first time since 1987 that Indiana (3-5, 1-4 Big Ten) has beaten two top 25 teams in the same season. The Hoosiers hadn't won a game since beating then No. 24 Oregon on Sept. 11.

For the Golden Gophers (6-3, 3-3) it was another miserable day in Bloomington, where they have now lost seven straight dating to October 1985.

:D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, NU beats Purdue, I thought stubblefield made that catch. :o

I was at the game, and from the angle I had, I thought he made the catch aswell. Every Purdue fan in my section jumped for joy until the umpire waved his hands incomplete.

Awesome win for Northwestern. They won't do dick in the big house, they can't win on the road. I just hope they beat Penn State, Illinois, and Hawaii and finish the year 7-5.

What a game. I would have like to seen State with the upset, but o well.

Easily game of the year. Two awesome games today with this and Oklahom and Oklahoma State.

Thank God for the bye week next week. Look tired at times.

Kyle Orton sucked hard. What a s***ty game he had today. I mean, he got pulled for crying out loud. Purdue is in a major tailspin. As excited I am about the win, like OSU earlier in the year, Purdue isn't as good as advertised. All that stands between NU and a bowl game is Penn St., Illinois, and Hawaii. I like those odds. :)

Is your WR seriously injured? I hope not.

Big Ten Standings (just because I like seeing NU in the top half)

1. Michigan 6-0 (8-1)

2. Wisconsin 5-0 (8-0)

3. Iowa 4-1 (6-2) How did this happen?

t-4. Michigan St. 3-2 (4-4)

t-4. Northwestern 3-2 (4-4)

6. Minnesota 3-3 (6-3) shocking that they aren't higher

t-7. Ohio St. 2-3 (5-3)

t-7. Purdue 2-3 (5-3)

9. Indiana 1-4 (3-5)

10. Penn St. 0-5 (2-6)

11. Illinois 0-6 (2-7)

Also, I'm surprised to see that nobody mentioned FSU lost to Maryland. That's gotta knock them out of the national championship picture, but they still have a shot at the ACC because Miami is losing to North Carolina now. UNC has had a brutal schedule. They are actually, to my surprise, a solid team.