2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game Over. Beutjer fumbles.

Illinois surprised me today by playing a respectable game against a tough Purdue team. Hopefully they'll be improving as the year progresses and be able to win a few games in the conference.

Poor Illinois :rolly

By rule, that blocked punt play that Purdue got the key first down on was a blown call. Only the punter should have been able to advance that ball. Unbelievable - we have replay and it's not used.

Yeah, that Purdue defense is sure amazing...

We pissed that game away with a few key plays including the first one of the game, the 3rd and 20 conversion, and the 'suicide blitz' that resulted in a TD - what the hell kind of play call was that?

By rule, that blocked punt play that Purdue got the key first down on was a blown call. Only the punter should have been able to advance that ball. Unbelievable - we have replay and it's not used.

We pissed that game away with a few key plays including the first one of the game, the 3rd and 20 conversion, and the 'suicide blitz' that resulted in a TD - what the hell kind of play call was that?

That punt play still irks the hell out of me. I can't get over it. Every now and then, all day long, today, I started thinking of that play and others, and would want to just punch the s*** out of something. In no way did Purdue win this game; Illinois pissed it away...

That punt play still irks the hell out of me.  I can't get over it.  Every now and then, all day long, today, I started thinking of that play and others, and would want to just punch the s*** out of something.  In no way did Purdue win this game; Illinois pissed it away...

That's for sure.

I also wish that replay would be used for things like this, and that the refs knew the rule. Not guaranteeing we'd win off of that, but that was a huge, huge play in the game that was incorrectly ruled. It's unbelievable.

That's for sure.

I also wish that replay would be used for things like this, and that the refs knew the rule. Not guaranteeing we'd win off of that, but that was a huge, huge play in the game that was incorrectly ruled. It's unbelievable.

with the play, illinois ties the game for sure. You can't be all that pissed about it though, they put up an awesome showing against one of the best teams in the nation. We'll be alright.

That's for sure.

I honestly thought they would break out the instant replay for that.

I don't think you can say Illinois 'pissed the game away'. They stuck with Purdue the whole game and at no point did they have control of the game, allowing them to piss it away.

The punt play is definitely questionable, but overall, if I were an Illinois fan I'd be pleased with what they showed in this game, and not pissed that they didn't pull it out.

You don't have to have the lead to piss a game away. While not completely giving the game away, fumbling away 7 pts on the first play of the game and giving up a crucial 3rd and 21, among other things, pisses the game away in a way.

Sure, they played pretty well, better than expected...but it's still a L, which in reality is the only thing that matters. At some point you have to start winning some of these games.

I believe the ruling on the play was not that it was a blocked punt (which occurs when you touch the ball after it has contacted the foot), but a fumble which happened to go off of the punters foot... The Illinois player clearly swatted the ball down.... It's a stupid rule.. But that's how we figured they ruled it when I was watchin w/ my Friends.

I've gotta give credit to Illinois, they played a great game... I called Purdue's D underrated, I based that off of last years defense more than anything. They were really good vs. the run last year. Yesterday they were abismal.

Also Drew Tate is Good. I miss Bob Sanders and Fred Russel(Who had 1 year of eligability left) :crying

I called Purdue's D underrated, I based that off of last years defense more than anything.  They were really good vs. the run last year.  Yesterday they were abismal.

They were horrible yesterday, thankfully Orton and Stubblefield tore it up.

In a way I'm glad the D got exposed yesterday. Hopefully they'll be able to make some adjustments so Walker doesn't run all over them next week in South Bend.

If anything, the Purdue/Illinois game proved the Big Ten is definitely up for grabs.

This is what we call sore loser syndrome. I hate it when people can't give credit where credit is deserved. You pretend that the Illini should have won the game, which wasn't the case. At no point did the Illini have the lead, they lost the turnover battle (2-0), they were outgained by a 125 yards, and Purdue helped them out with 9 penalties for 84 yards(opposed to 3 for 29 for the Illini). The Illini played over their heads and kept the game close against a very good team, but don't ruin it by being a sore loser because it reflects poorly on you. Purdue was simple the better team, and they BEAT the Illini. A majority of the key plays were good execusion by Purdue as much as they were bad execusion by the Illini, however you neglect to give any credit to Purdue. I am not a Purdue or Illini fan(ND fan), but I get sick and tired of this sore loser stuff.

This is what we call sore loser syndrome. I hate it when people can't give credit where credit is deserved. You pretend that the Illini should have won the game, which wasn't the case. At no point did the Illini have the lead, they lost the turnover battle (2-0), they were outgained by a 125 yards, and Purdue helped them out with 9 penalties for 84 yards(opposed to 3 for 29 for the Illini). The Illini played over their heads and kept the game close against a very good team, but don't ruin it by being a sore loser because it reflects poorly on you. Purdue was simple the better team, and they BEAT the Illini. A majority of the key plays were good execusion by Purdue as much as they were bad execusion by the Illini, however you neglect to give any credit to Purdue. I am not a Purdue or Illini fan(ND fan), but I get sick and tired of this sore loser stuff.

Keep drinking your purdue kool-aid over there.

Why the hell should i give Purdue a bunch of the credit? They were supposed to be a top 20 team and were favored by 20.5 pts. They didn't beat us as much as you would like to think. Illinois helped them by doing many stupid things throughout the football game.

The Illini played over their heads? Or have people overrated Purdue all year buddy?

By the way, i'll b**** all i want about the blown punt call, because it was just that, a huge blown call. With instant replay now in the big ten, there is no excuse to miss that call. That was a huge turning point in the game, period. To say anything else is just ignorant.

Purdue fans should be thanking their lucky stars they didn't fall to the upset bug Saturday and run off to ND unscathed. Because that sure in the hell wasn't the 'dominant' purdue team everyone talked about after beating up on 2 cupcakes. Your defense, tackling especially, was terrible.

Ya, you sure dominated the game, didn't you?

Krush...just wait, our Fighting Irish are going to put up a fight with Purdue. Right now I'm feeling really confident about the upcoming game, especially with the way Quinn played in the first half.

The offense still isn't their yet, but its a lot more explosive then its been and its only getting better. Defensively, the Irish are more then good, they are very good.

I like the matchup against the Boilermakers and have a feeling after Saturdays game against Purdue, we'll see the Irish back in the top 25 :)

Why the hell should i give Purdue a bunch of the credit? They were supposed to be a top 20 team and were favored by 20.5 pts. They didn't beat us as much as you would like to think. Illinois helped them by doing many stupid things throughout the football game.

The Illini played over their heads? Or have people overrated Purdue all year buddy?

By the way, i'll b**** all i want about the blown punt call, because it was just that, a huge blown call. With instant replay now in the big ten, there is no excuse to miss that call. That was a huge turning point in the game, period. To say anything else is just ignorant.

Purdue fans should be thanking their lucky stars they didn't fall to the upset bug Saturday and run off to ND unscathed. Because that sure in the hell wasn't the 'dominant' purdue team everyone talked about after beating up on 2 cupcakes. Your defense, tackling especially, was terrible.

Dude, read the last line, he's not a Purdue fan, he's a ND fan. Get your s*** straight before you start ranting about kool-aid.

You can b**** all you want, I agreed that the play should have been reviewed.

As U of I fans have said, a loss is a loss... and a win is a win. If Purdue's D comes out the same way vs. ND, they're in trouble, if not, yesterday will prove to have been just a very, very bad day.

Other than one person on here, nobody else said the D was dominant. In fact, most analysts said that was still the question mark for the team. Hell, 8 guys from last year's D are in the NFL now.

Like I've said, if I were a U of I fan, I'd be happy with the way the team played, much better than last year. You on the other hand seem more concerned with Purdue.

I am a Notre Dame fan, and I hope that they kick the s*** out of Purdue next week. Furthermore, I actually dislike Purdue since 4 of my older siblings went to Indiana, but I am an honest college football fans who calls them how I see them(with the exception of games involving ND). You on the other hand, are CLEARLY drinking the OrangeKrush koolaid and you aren't even smart enough to realize it. Was the the Purdue/Illinois game closer than most expected? Yes. Does Purdue's D have question marks? Yes. Is Purdue the favorite to win the Big 10. Probably not. Are they a top 10 calibur team? Probably not. Are they 20+ points(line) better than Illinois? Maybe/maybe not. Did Illinois play above their heads/Purdue play poorly? Probably. Is Purdue overrated? Probably. Did Purdue hold an advantage in most key stats(yardage, first downs, turnovers, time of poss., never behind on the scoreboard, ect)? Yes.

I would like to point your attention towards a similar game(USC vs Stanford). Is Stanford as good as USC? No, but on any given Saturday(or Sunday for that matter) a team with less talent can beat/hang with a better team. It also shows that it is still difficult to go into a decent opponents home and come out with a win. Purdue is simple the better team, and they played well enough to win(despite not playing their best game). Illinois really impressed me with the way that they played this weekend, and they should be a decent middle of the pack Big 10 team, but don't pretend that they are a better team than Purdue or that they DESERVED to win/handed Purdue the game, because you are just lying to yourself. This opinion comes from a fan that has no interest in either team. I am just being honest(you should try it).