2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GREAT! Maybe we can include the MAC and Sunbelt champs as automatic bids.

I think the new BCS game will be a championship game on its own, w/o rotating among the other 4. I don't believe there is any plan to give any more automatic bids out. They might even switch the Big East's bid to another conference.

I think the new BCS game will be a championship game on its own, w/o rotating among the other 4.  I don't believe there is any plan to give any more automatic bids out.  They might even switch the Big East's bid to another conference.

Oh I know there won't be anymore deserving auto bids, I was just joking due to the complete insanity of the Big East getting a bid.

NW just had some really, really poor tackling that led to a touchdown

It became the number one play in the SC top ten.

That was pathetic. This is why they don't belong in a bowl game. Their defense decided not to show up tonight with their season on the line. What does this say about the Big Ten? The Cats went 5-3 in conference play and looking like 1-3 against an average non-conference schedule. Then I wonder why the Cats aren't just doing what Minnesota is doing. Scheduling garbage in non-conference so you can go 3-5 in Big Ten and still make a bowl game.

Of course my jinx is working as the Cats block a punt for a TD and make the 2 to get back within 8. 49-41. :headshake

I think the new BCS game will be a championship game on its own, w/o rotating among the other 4.  I don't believe there is any plan to give any more automatic bids out.  They might even switch the Big East's bid to another conference.

No, it's just a game that would be added so that it's more likely that a team like Boise St/Loisville will get an invite...

There is no plan to change the current format, and move to an "and 1" scenario.

That's why ABC pulled out. They wanted the 5th game to mean something, which it's not going to. It's going to be a glorified Cotton Bowl, or Capitol One Bowl, or Holiday Bowl, or whatever...

No, it's just a game that would be added so that it's more likely that a team like Boise St/Loisville will get an invite...

There is no plan to change the current format, and move to an "and 1" scenario.

That's why ABC pulled out. They wanted the 5th game to mean something, which it's not going to.  It's going to be a glorified Cotton Bowl, or Capitol One Bowl, or Holiday Bowl, or whatever...

It's a new, separate championship game according to this: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=fo...ov=st&type=lgns

Financial terms were not disclosed for the deal, which includes the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, FedEx Orange Bowl and the Nokia Sugar Bowl from 2007 through 2010 and a new stand-alone BCS National Championship game from 2007 through 2009.

Capnt12, where are you from?  Because I thought i was the only White Sox/Gamecock fan in the country; very cool to find another one like myself.. :headbang  :headbang

I live in Anderson, South Carolina Tray....yes, VERY unusual to find a USC/ChiSox fan!!!! I thought forever that I was teh only one hehe. I am cautiously optimistic about next football season now, with Spurrier here. I am trying not to overhype the situation before it even begins, but it will be SO nice to see an offense that doesnt involve 25 QB draws and halfback inside handoffs. Get ready to see a gamestyle that doesnt involve trying to sit guardedly on a small lead!!

Ya, it kind of sucked. At the same time Iowa wasn't getting a BCS bid anyway. I just want to see them take care of Tennesse or whoever they end up playing in the bowl game :cheers

The one thing I worry about is what their defense will look next year since they'll be losing a good number of seniors. However, their offense has the makings of being pretty good, especially since they should have a running game, lol.