2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread

It's a good offense...if you have the pieces and disciplined players. That's impressive that your high school can pull that off. Of course in theory it would work better against high school defenses because they have probably never seen it before.

We had the #8 receiver in the state....first in Class 3A as a Soph last year and the number 9 passer , #2 in 3A who is now a senior and a buddy of mine.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we stop all the stuff about how NU could surprise the Big Ten this year?

You ain't going nowhere in that conference without a defense.

First off, the Big Ten is kind of weak this year, so you never know. Second, TCU has a very good offense, it's not like the little sisters of the poor put up 48 on them. Second, they managed to win the Big Ten in 2000 with a weak defense, they just outscored everyone, much like Michigan did that year to share the title. It looks like they could be doing that again, with what looks like could be some interesting shootouts against Minnesota and Purdue. Lastly, you're drawing conclusions from one game against a team that to the best of my knowledge no other Big Ten team plays, while no other Big Ten team has played yet.

As for the kicker thing, that really disheartened me. That will be the last thing I say about it.

Can we stop all the stuff about how NU could surprise the Big Ten this year?

You ain't going nowhere in that conference without a defense.

Have fun stopping that offense..... :lol:

Oh wait, was an Illinois fan trash talking in football? I think all the Illinois fans should be banned from trashing until their team can actually win a game against a I-A opponent. I mean puh lease. Who are you kidding?

Have fun stopping that offense..... :lol:

Oh wait, was an Illinois fan trash talking in football? I think all the Illinois fans should be banned from trashing until their team can actually win a game against a I-A opponent. I mean puh lease. Who are you kidding?

Love the sig man! I'm gonna have fun this year. I'm a big NU fan(would be there if not for the acceptance committee) who happens to be going to school at Illinois. I plan on giving people crap all season(at least until basketball starts). :lol:

ISU shut out Northern Iowa 23-0 in a game that UNI was favored by 4.5 in. Clones held them under 100 yards in total offense. Iowa State might do ok this year. I'm encouraged. Two friends of mine also played today, so that was cool too.