2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 or 8 wouldnt work because there would always be some1 left out and if an undeserving #8 or #4 team won it all-do you think people would be happy with that?

1)USC

2)Oklahoma

3)Auburn

4)Texas

5)Cal

6)Utah

7)Georgia

8)Louisville

No one else is that deserving.

Yeah, there would be some b****ing for the teams around 9-10 who think they deserved the last spot, but boo f***ing hoo. You should have had 1 loss instead of 2 or 2 instead of 3.

In the current system, you can be in a major conference, go undefeated, and still not be the champions. What a joke.

My thought is there is no system that will work for every scenario... some years there will be two undefeated teams and picking 1-2 is easy...... others there will be more, or 1 or no undefeateds to go with 4 or 5 one loss teams......

personally, I say just play the damn bowl games on New Year's Day and get the football season over with a bang...... I hate dragging it on with games on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th...... Just let me overdose on games one day and move on to basketball! If we have a split national championship, who the hell cares!!!!!!

The think I think is bad about this whole thing is that the BCS system was created so that we didn't have arguments over who the best teams were and the polls were minimized to take the emotional arguments. After several years of tweaking, we are basically right back where we started with the polls mattering the most. 

So we have basically come full circle and done nothing but create controversy along the way.

It could be worse though when you think about it. The three teams wouldn't even be playing each other if I recall and then you could end up having 3 undefeated teams and just one national champ as USC would be playing Michigan in the rosebowl and I'm assuming they'd stay perfect.

They could WHarris, its gonna be insanely close in the BCS standings, was only a .0013 difference to begin with, OU's huge win plus Cal's close game could change that margin, we will see.

Neither school are hurting for money though, so I'm not gonna cry for either one.

I'll say one thing, Auburn is screwed. After that performance by OU their only hope is that somehow USC drops in the points and that ain't going to happen, imo.

Damn did Oklahoma look good. Then again I have to remind myself that CU was not a good school. None of the teams they would of ended up playing in the Big 12 north would of been any good. I mean could you imagine them playing Iowa State (no offense heads), but they'd of probably beat em by 50 the way they played tonight.

Insane defense, very good offense. This may be the most balanced OU team in a while. I do think the NC game should be a good one cause OU's defense should be able to slow down USC's offense.

OU and USC are arquably the most talented teams in the nation, so it should be a fun matchup to watch. Auburn should share the title if they can take care of business in their own bowl game. Both OU and USC's offenses are ranked in the top 15 in the nation, and their defenses are both in the top 16. Scouts will be salivating watching the game.

1)USC

2)Oklahoma

3)Auburn

4)Texas

5)Cal

6)Utah

7)Georgia

8)Louisville

No one else is that deserving.

Virginia Tech

So you wouldnt mind if louisville were to end up winning it all?

If you wouldn't, you obviously aren't a college football fan.

Uhhhhhh...if they were to get through that field then they should be the National Champs. :bang

They would have to beat at least 2 of the undefeateds and another 1 of those.

Virginia Tech

That's why a playoff system would be so much better. If L'ville could actually do it on the field of play, they would earn it and there'd be no reason to argue about "Who's number one?"

Another thing I think that is somewhat ironic about this year's situation with three undefeated teams......

The team that will get left out (Auburn) belongs to the conference (SEC) whose former commissioner (Roy Kramer) is credited for creating the BCS in the first place.

Another thing I think that is somewhat ironic about this year's situation with three undefeated teams......

The team that will get left out (Auburn) belongs to the conference (SEC) whose former commissioner (Roy Kramer) is credited for creating the BCS in the first place.

Well sorta. The BCS was also the brainchild of Trangese, the Big East commissioner. I don't even know if he's still with the Big East. I think he was trying to lend credibility to his conference by including it in the "Big 6", but without Va Tech and Miami, football-wise it's sorrier than the WAC (no disrespect to the conference, it's one of my favorites, but it's not the most talented either).

Well sorta.  The BCS was also the brainchild of Trangese, the Big East commissioner.  I don't even know if he's still with the Big East.  I think he was trying to lend credibility to his conference by including it in the "Big 6", but without Va Tech and Miami, football-wise it's sorrier than the WAC (no disrespect to the conference, it's one of my favorites, but it's not the most talented either).

A prominent leader in intercollegiate athletics, Roy Foster Kramer became the sixth commissioner of the Southeastern Conference January 10, 1990. Kramer retired as SEC Commissioner in June, 2002. Among many accolades and achievements, Kramer is regarded as the architect for the Bowl Championship Series postseason format. He served as coordinator for the BCS in its first two years, before handing over the reigns to ACC Commissioner John Swofford.