2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly...we will never really know how good this years Utah team was.

They dominated this season and won't even get tested in a bowl game.

PLAYOFF PLEASE!

neither willl Boise State or Loisville -- THey play each other -- I'd like to see them take on some SEC/big 12 south/big 10 opponents so I knew what they could actually do

Louisville-Boise State is going to be the best bowl game to watch outside of USC-OU. Louisville and Boise State have 2 of the best offenses in the history of college football by the numbers. Louisville has scored 50 or more points 5 straight games which is the NCAA record and Boise State has done it 4 straight games which is tied with the 2nd most in history.

Louisville-Boise State is going to be the best bowl game to watch outside of USC-OU. Louisville and Boise State have 2 of the best offenses in the history of college football by the numbers. Louisville has scored 50 or more points 5 straight games which is the NCAA record and Boise State has done it 4 straight games which is tied with the 2nd most in history.

It will be fun to watch, but what do you learn about either team from the game?

You won't learn much from the game, but yeah it will be entertaining. I know Louisville belongs on an elite level, this game will prove to me just how good or overrated Boise's program is right now. I'm expecting Louisville to win something like 63 to 35 over Boise.

The best matchups to me with the 8 BCS teams would be this...

Pitt faces Boise in crappiest BCS game.

Virginia Tech faces Louisville

Auburn faces Cal/Texas

USC faces OU

Then winner of USC/OU would get title and Auburn would get a share of the title if they can beat Cal or Texas.

It will be amazing to watch, but no, we won't learn s***.

I say one should play Miami and the other play Georgia.

And see what happens.

Louisville already played Miami...and lost. Louisville is overrated. Miami isn't that good this year.

Yep I was projecting more on who I thought should be in, I know Michigan is in automatically and that Utah will make it in.

In reality this is likely what will happen.

USC vs. OU

Cal vs. Michigan

Auburn vs. VT

Pitt. vs Utah

Michigan has enough talent to beat Cal, especially on offense.

USC vs. OU is great

Auburn will have some problems with VT

Utah should destroy Pitt

Having payed against both teams, I think Louisville is better than Utah. But Louisville is for real, some will think they are overrated, but they should destroy Boise in a non BCS that is as good as the BCS games. It is too bad we won't get to see Louisville play someone like Cal or Texas to see how good they really are. But they will be very good again next year with Brohm leading them.

Is anyone else really mad that Utah is likely to face a s***ty team, by BCS standards, in Pitt instead of, oh I don't know, undefeated Auburn?!! Utah won't get the test they deserve.

In a way, Auburn is getting screwed too...... To further prove themselves they would like to play Utah....... or even Cal/Texas.

That said, Pitt has really improved. Don't be surprised if they beat Utah.

I don't think Louisville is overrated either. They had one bad half this year, and unfortunately it came right after they destroyed Miami for a half.

Louisville is very good.

I think on any given day, Louisville or Utah could beat the big name teams. That doesn't mean they would do it every day, however.

I would not be surprised to see Auburn lose to Virginia Tech. VT is another team that has come on strong late, and there has to be some disappointment with Auburn over not playing in the game a couple of days later. I know Auburn has "something to prove" and they may very well do that, but I think the chances of somewhat of a letdown are just as good. That will be disappointing, because Auburn has a very good team.

Tech will beat auburn.  Auburn's defense is slowing down and cadillac and brown are as well.  Bryan Randall will lead tech to a shocking slaughter over auburn.

They may lose, but not for that reason......

Williams and Brown are as good as ever. Auburn's defense was excellent yesterday except for the 3rd quarter yesterday.

I've seen Auburn play all year and they are NOT "slowing down".

Actually the computers seemed to like Texas and the humans voted Cal, at least from what I could see on ESPNs site.

IMHO the weak sister in the Utah, Texas, Cal trio was Utah. You could build a great case with any of those teams, but in a round robin tourny, I think Utah is the weakest link. All great teams who had excellent seasons. One team won a weaker conference the other two finished second in their conference with their only loss to a team playing for the National Title.

I'd bet Auburn would love a playoff chance.

Utah was the weakest, there is no doubt about that, but its hard to let a ranked team in the preseason and undefeated in the regular season excluded from a bowl game no matter how easy there schedule was. I wish Utah played texas though, Alex Smith and Vince young-thatd be a good game.