2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f***ing LSU with that running play right at the end of the half. Luckily they got the offensive pass interference on the 2 point conversion and then missed the 40 yard PAT.

Been every bit of the game I expected and then some. Thus far its been the best game of the bowl season for me.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
Thus far its been the best game of the bowl season for me.

You obviously missed the Liberty Bowl because that was a far better game than the pathetic offenses on display. From LSU not having a QB to Iowa not having a RB this game is ugly. At least it's somewhat competitive, but the Big Ten champs (and best team in the conference IMO) should be running over the 4th best SEC team.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
I'm not donna be able to stand it here if Iowa holds on. God I hate the Hawks.

I pull for Big 10 teams in the bowls, so I want Iowa to win. Is Minnesota the only Big 10 team to win thus far?

Iowa up 12 with 9 mins left in game.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Heads22+Jan 1, 2005 -> 08:53 PM-->
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
<!--QuoteEBegin--> I'm not donna be able to stand it here if Iowa holds on. God I hate the Hawks.

I pull for Big 10 teams in the bowls, so I want Iowa to win. Is Minnesota the only Big 10 team to win thus far?

Iowa up 12 with 9 mins left in game.

Ohio State too.

LSU is a very good team, 9-2 and they were the favorites in this game by the oddsmakers.

Two great defenses went up against each other and it turned into an awesome game. God did I go crazy when Tate got the touchdown pass to Halloway. I was busy swearing at the tv about piss poor clock management when Iowa still had 2 timeouts and the clocks running.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Chisoxfn+Jan 1, 2005 -> 01:43 PM-->
<!--QuoteEBegin--> Thus far its been the best game of the bowl season for me.

You obviously missed the Liberty Bowl because that was a far better game than the pathetic offenses on display. From LSU not having a QB to Iowa not having a RB this game is ugly. At least it's somewhat competitive, but the Big Ten champs (and best team in the conference IMO) should be running over the 4th best SEC team.

you might wanna rethink that one.

QUOTE (Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-danman31+Jan 1, 2005 -> 02:58 PM-->
QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
<!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Chisoxfn+Jan 1, 2005 -> 01:43 PM-->
<!--QuoteEBegin--> Thus far its been the best game of the bowl season for me.

you might wanna rethink that one.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. I may be crazy, but when Tate is all set and done, he may just win a Heisman. The guy is such an accurate passer, can scramble and can flat make plays.

With Chandler being around for a while too, he's going to have some weapons, plus he should have a running game next year, especially if Jermelle Lewis can get an exception and play again next season, which is a possibility.

damn the Texas-Michigan game was awesome (except for the result). So far, the bowl season has been awesome. Lots of great games.

My computer is in the shop so I have been doing nothing but watching football, much of it in high definition. Life, despite no computer, is good!

Btw, Brian, why didn't Jason Avant play today??

You must have missed JaMarcus Russell come in and dominate.. he only threw like 3 incompletions..

LSU was 9 - 2 going into the game only losing the Auburn and Georgia, both away games, and do you know how young LSU is?

They will be returning 18 starters next season, and they are so stacked with talent.. They did way better than some expected this season, and should have won this game if it wasnt for blown coverage by a safety who obviously had no idea what he was supposed to be doing..

QUOTE (Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 02:01 AM)
That last kick was partially blocked -- Somebody got a finger on it...

I only saw one replay, but it sure looked like that thing changed trajectory.

Are you talking about the UT game?

Because I also thought that it looked like it was blocked

QUOTE (Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 02:06 AM)
Yeah -- we'll have to wait until sportscenter to see it again.

just shows you how close that game was. after 59+ minutes, it comes down to a final FG, and Mich. gets a piece of it -- Just not enough.

Yeah I was getting a little worried when Michigan was up by 10, but they pulled it out

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 01:55 AM)

Btw, Brian, why didn't Jason Avant play today??

I was wondering the same thing. TV guys never said anything, so I'm not sure.

Maybe he was out there but just didn't get thrown to at all? But Breaston was #2 reciever it seemed. Not sure.