sox got swindled by new york in loaiza deal

Obstacle 1

John Kruk had some interesting remarks about Loaiza. He prefaced his remarks by apologizing in advance in case Loaiza has a sore arm, the he went to say that, basically, Loaiza quit on his teammates last night. He said he was throwing nothing but junk.

John Kruk had some interesting remarks about Loaiza.  He prefaced his remarks by apologizing in advance in case Loaiza has a sore arm, the he went to say that, basically, Loaiza quit on his teammates last night.  He said he was throwing nothing but junk.

And here's what Loaiza thought of those comments,

"No, I never quit," Loaiza said. "I know John's an ex-ballplayer, but if he was playing the game right now, heh, it's a different story playing in the '80s and the '90s — when he retired.

"The kids are stronger and stronger. Nobody wants to give up here or anything like that. I don't give up at all. I don't know why he said that."

Well what do you expect Loaiza to say?? He isn't going to admit he quit because he would never get a pitching job with anyone if thats the case. Hell he will be lucky to find a job now anyway. lol Its been said over and over that Loaiza tends to be very lazy and I believe that has more to do with this than anything else. He pitched great last year and I bet he thought that would carry him from then on.

Well what do you expect Loaiza to say?? He isn't going to admit he quit because he would never get a pitching job with anyone if thats the case. Hell he will be lucky to find a job now anyway. lol Its been said over and over that Loaiza tends to be very lazy and I believe that has more to do with this than anything else. He pitched great last year and I bet he thought that would carry him from then on.

Yes. And Ozzie hinted very strongly at that when he was throwing 93-94 mph at the all star game yet came back to the Sox throwing 88-90.