Hypothetical Question

jasonxctf

If the Sox rotation was...

1) Diaz

2) Munoz

3) Cotts

4) Grilli

5) Adkins

would they win another game for the rest of the season?

Like either last year or the year before, Baltimore last something like 32 of their last 36, or in other words, they had a winning percentage of .111. With that rotation, we could have a worse finish to the year then Baltimore did.

But I'm almost to the point where I'd rather do that, and get a higher draft pick then I would want to compete and get another mid-first round draft choice and get a player who will not be an impact player.

We recently had an entire season like that...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/1998.shtml

And we ended up winnnig the division two years later becuase of it...

Sirotka, Baldwin, Parque, Howry, Foulke -- Those guys learned to pitch that season... They all were better the next season for it... and year after that they had the offensive support to go along with their improved play.

i wouldnt be againt a 6-7 man rotation of

M.B

J.C.

J.G.

3-4 of the 5

1) Diaz

2) Munoz

3) Cotts

4) Grilli

5) Adkins

this would put less stress on our arms for next year, and see if any of our you guys can starter.

i know im alone on this but i wouldnt mind seeing adkins get a start or two, i think i was the only one who like the durham trade for this kid.

i wouldnt be againt a 6-7 man rotation of

M.B

J.C.

J.G.

3-4 of the 5

1) Diaz

2) Munoz

3) Cotts

4) Grilli

5) Adkins

this would put less stress on our arms for next year, and see if any of our you guys can starter.

i know im alone on this but i wouldnt mind seeing adkins get a start or two, i think i was the only one who like the durham trade for this kid.

Adkins is not a starter. He does not have starter stuff, and he doesn't have the stamina to become a starter.

With his stuff, he's better suited for middle relief/setup. I for one do not want to see Jon Adkins start a game for us ever.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cotts, Diaz, Grilli, and maybe even Munoz getting a couple starts in September though.

Adkins is not a starter.  He does not have starter stuff, and he doesn't have the stamina to become a starter.

With his stuff, he's better suited for middle relief/setup.  I for one do not want to see Jon Adkins start a game for us ever.

Adkins will be a good set-up man once he gets his whip under control imo. Also agree that he should not ever start for us, if he does i will be throwing something.