Hurricane Frances Watch

kapkomet

Well, my friends in Orlando are watching Hurricane Frances. This storm is 2.5 times bigger then Charley and a slower moving storm. Right now they expect it to hit Melbourne area and track right over Orlando by Sunday. Of course, Orlando experienced 100 mph winds from Charley two weeks ago.

They say that this one has the potential to be MUCH more damaging then Charley.

Those of you with relatives or friends in Florida, be thinking about them this weekend... and worse, it's a holiday weekend.

400 miles from the center - Tropical Storm winds

175 miles from the center - Hurricane winds

145 mph sustained winds and 165 gusts, with further strengthening expected before landfall. YIKES.

I've been watching this one too.  There only hope is that as it moves north that is falls apart because of its sheer size.

But right now that is one ugly 'cane. :unsure:

Yeah, I've been following that storm as well and it looks to be one nasty storm. Especially right after Charley, Florida is going to suffer terribly if it does reach landfall with as much power as it is currently packing, or worse more power... :unsure:

Yeah, I've been following that storm as well and it looks to be one nasty storm.  Especially right after Charley, Florida is going to suffer terribly if it does reach landfall with as much power as it is currently packing, or worse more power...  :unsure:

Yeah there is no way anyone wants to get a landfall from a category 5 hurricane. Esesially if that gets on track for a major population center like Miami or St Pete.

Yeah there is no way anyone wants to get a landfall from a category 5 hurricane.  Esesially if that gets on track for a major population center like Miami or St Pete.

yea, that would be terrible. I have a friend who lives there now( outside of St. Pete) who just missed charely. I have a feeling he's gonna get hit by this boy if it continues to go in the same direction.

definatley not a good situation if you live in florida.

This is not a very warm welcome for me.  I just moved to Orlando and arrived here on Monday to take a job.  I am supposed to start work next Monday but from the looks of it that isn't certain now.  I guess I just chose a really bad week to move  :pray

Yeah moving to Hurricane Alley during the height of Hurricane season usually isn't a good idea ;)

Good luck man, sounds like you might need it :pray

What I find amazing is people here wish we would get hit so we could fill our reservoirs. We are just slowly coming out of a major drought cycle and could use the rain, but this seems crazy. One hit out on the King Ranch a few years ago, that was close enough for me.

Which comes to the ultimate question... would you sacrfice Chicago and the greater Chicago area to tornados for a White Sox World Series win?  :lol:

Sure no problem at all, and throw in an earthquake. Of course I'll pray for y'all from deep south Texas.

Everyone down here on the news/radio in Orlando is saying the winds in downtown Orlando could exceed 100mph is Frances continues on her course. Charley had gusts around 100mph in Orlando and I still see the damage all over downtown Orlando. I'm sure glad I'm not 60 miles east of here. But if it does come this way I'm gonna have my camera out and I'm I'll have some interesting pictures for you all once it passes.